IGNORED

England Vs Chile Match Thread

Robin 101

20 minutes was more than enough for me i'm afraid, fed up with players who are only looking to go down at every contact however minimal and some with no contact, modern players have no pride whatsoever, perhaps at times if they stayed on their feet they might even go on to score occasionally and still have their pride intact.

20 minutes was more than enough for me i'm afraid, fed up with players who are only looking to go down at every contact however minimal and some with no contact, modern players have no pride whatsoever, perhaps at times if they stayed on their feet they might even go on to score occasionally and still have their pride intact.

You make it sound that diving is a modern thing!!!

Watch clips of MOTD in 70s and 80s and it went on then

just didnt have 50 000 cameras at every game to highlight it

You make it sound that diving is a modern thing!!!

Watch clips of MOTD in 70s and 80s and it went on then

just didnt have 50 000 cameras at every game to highlight it

Absolutely nothing like it is now, you cannot begin to compare the 2 era's, virtually every player who picks the ball up these days is looking to go down at the very first contact however minimal.

if you want to see real pride watch the George Best goal against Chelsea when Chopper Harris tried to cut him in half, **** me what was that 40 years ago Suarez and Young would still be rolling around.

Ha ha, oh dear, what a comedy 2nd goal.

Lacking everything you need to be successful :

ABILITY - Cahill unable to play a simple square pass.

AWARENESS - Cahill going diving into the challenge, unaware that Baines was in a good covering position, but more importantly unaware that Sanchez was unmarked behind him.  Hold your position and maintain shape you fool!!

DESIRE - As the ball is given away, Sanchez is level with Henderson in the Chile half.  Sanchez anticipates and is on his toes straight away.  Henderson stands and watches until it's too late and he's 10 yards behind Sanchez, now unable to provide cover, so doesn't bother!

Edit - And neither does Cleverley bother, in fact both of them allow another player to run beyond them both, meaning if Sanchez wanted to, he could have squared it to 2 unmarked Chileans on the edge of the box.

Shocking!  Reminded me of our midfield last season.

Good to hear the usual moron fans booing at the end!

Perhaps they are disappointed, 90 minutes of their lives gone, money down the drain.

I sort of know how they feel I was watching what I thought was an in depth documentary about religion and my wife walked into the room and told me the weren't real nuns, you can't trust anybody these days.

It wasn't as bad as many will make out. We had plenty of chances, especially first half. Just wasn't our night but it was a friendly and we hardly played the first team that will play in Brazil.

Obviously we won't be winning anything anytime soon but we certainly aren't shite. After looking at France's result tonight, looks like we did well to win our group...

Ha ha, oh dear, what a comedy 2nd goal.

Lacking everything you need to be successful :

ABILITY - Cahill unable to play a simple square pass.

AWARENESS - Cahill going diving into the challenge, unaware that Baines was in a good covering position, but more importantly unaware that Sanchez was unmarked behind him.  Hold your position and maintain shape you fool!!

DESIRE - As the ball is given away, Sanchez is level with Henderson in the Chile half.  Sanchez anticipates and is on his toes straight away.  Henderson stands and watches until it's too late and he's 10 yards behind Sanchez, now unable to provide cover, so doesn't bother!

Edit - And neither does Cleverley bother, in fact both of them allow another player to run beyond them both, meaning if Sanchez wanted to, he could have squared it to 2 unmarked Chileans on the edge of the box.

Shocking!  Reminded me of our midfield last season.

I shouldn't go "watching" that lot then, young man, as you go about your duties for our mighty club. Be prepared ( and get your badges)

Archived