IGNORED

England Vs Chile Match Thread

Robin 101

I thought Chile looked a good team.

Sanchez proved he is a cut above the likes of Rooney etc.

They looked very good.  Very aggressive without the ball. In our faces - we never had any time to build play - they harried us into giving the ball away.  None of our 'midfield' had the ability to dictate the game.  I thought Lallana looked good for us but that was about it really.  He wanted to make things happen and looked to link play together.  He's got excellent technique which should mean he can be an international player.   When you consider how poor a lot of the established players were his debut was excellent.

Baines' isn't as good defensively as Cole  - he was asleep for their first goal- against better sides I suspect Cole will play.  As Harry has said Cahill was all over the shop for the 2nd goal.  Jack Wiltshire is nowhere near the level he was last season when he looked fantastic against Brazil and for the Arse against Barcelona.  If Woy is picking on form then he has to be for the drop.  Frank Lampard has been a great player but is simply too old to play in games against that kind of side.  

Our weak spot is right back though.  None of the candidates are good enough IMHO.  I'd like to see Nathaniel CLyne given a go - he's a more solid right back in the Gary Neville mould.  

Players like Jagielka and Gerrard had good games if you catch my drift.

They looked very good.  Very aggressive without the ball. In our faces - we never had any time to build play - they harried us into giving the ball away.  None of our 'midfield' had the ability to dictate the game.  I thought Lallana looked good for us but that was about it really.  He wanted to make things happen and looked to link play together.  He's got excellent technique which should mean he can be an international player.   When you consider how poor a lot of the established players were his debut was excellent.

Baines' isn't as good defensively as Cole  - he was asleep for their first goal- against better sides I suspect Cole will play.  As Harry has said Cahill was all over the shop for the 2nd goal.  Jack Wiltshire is nowhere near the level he was last season when he looked fantastic against Brazil and for the Arse against Barcelona.  If Woy is picking on form then he has to be for the drop.  Frank Lampard has been a great player but is simply too old to play in games against that kind of side.  

Our weak spot is right back though.  None of the candidates are good enough IMHO.  I'd like to see Nathaniel CLyne given a go - he's a more solid right back in the Gary Neville mould.  

Players like Jagielka and Gerrard had good games if you catch my drift.

Powder puff midfield, Milner gives 100% but is not and never will be international class, Lampard well past his sell by date, Wiltshire and LLanna could be very productive if they become team players, Rodriguez fits into the Southampton team fine but again not England class.

Archived