IGNORED

England V Germany B Match Thread

Super

Wilshere a yard or two off the pace again. When is it going to click back into place for the lad? So frustrating to watch.

Sturridge ain't good enough either at this level

Easier with someone as good as Suarez who plays to his strengths. Struggling playing with a lesser striker like Rooney.

Amazing how close England have come on so many occasions.

Seems only 1978 and 82 were straight forward.

Am sure you mean 74 and 78, when we were excused the finals.

1982 was the World Cup in Spain. England got through the group stages fairly comfortably and looked good. Round two had 3-team groups from which one qualified. England drew both their two games 0-0 against West Germany and Spain and went out yet again to the Germans. The last game was against Spain, which we needed to win by two to be certain to progress. We had a few chances, particluarly Keegan and Brooking late on, but didn't make it. The Germans, I seem to remember, were watching in the stands and they were to team celebrating at the final whistle. Sheer enjoyment obviously.

Ah ok. I was sure it was Bobby Moore. The old man was certain it was Hunter.

Given I wasn't born and he watched it live he was always slightly more likely to be right...

It was Hunter. Bobby Moore gave away a goal in Poland and was dropped for the return at Wembley in favour of Hunter.

Archived