IGNORED

Tony Useless For Palace

Major Isewater

In doing so making them the third highest net spender in the prem whilst he was on charge there. he did a good job at Stoke but not that fantastic one. Most had sussed him out by the end.

Took over, stopped Stoke getting relegated, took them up the table then harshly sacked.

Went to Plymouth, done pretty well, returned to Stoke.

Promoted, stable and FA cup final meaning Europa league football.

Pretty fantastic in my opinion, even if you don't like the style of play.

Would you rather have had 5 years of City in the prem playing hoofball or the 5 years that we've endured since Stoke went up?

Or to bring the question more round to the present, would you prefer coming away from the game happy with the result but hating the way we played to get it, or vice versa? 

Would you rather have had 5 years of City in the prem playing hoofball or the 5 years that we've endured since Stoke went up?

Or to bring the question more round to the present, would you prefer coming away from the game happy with the result but hating the way we played to get it, or vice versa?

Stupid question - to coin a phrase.

It makes the assumption that hoofball is the route to success. If we had had the resources of Stoke, sensibly used, then we could have got to the Prem playing football rather than hoofball.

Have a look at the Stoke fans forum to see what they think about the hoofball under P**is and, more importantly, what they think of him as a person.

Talking to my stoke friend at the time and said he did not want Pulis to leave the club as, he says, most of his fellow supporters would attest. They were constantly pinching themselves wondering if it was all a dream. They feared when Hughes was appointed and his tactics have changed the team, almost overnight, from a very hard team to beat to one that plays some nice pitter patter football but concede goals with such ease that sees them now hovering around the relegation zone. In short, if anyone can keep Palarse up Pulis can.

And if I was a thinking Palarse fan I would be delighted with such an appointment. Teams like Stoke, Palarse and other small teams in the prem, as we would be, should take what they can get in order to reach the top flight and attempt to stay there. Coates' laudable defence is to dream he can break his team out of hoof ball. I doubt in this case it is going to work. Palarse, meanwhile, may just end up slightly above them or garner more points from here on in. And you can bank on Pulis aiming to do that and some to prove the dreamers wrong. In short a potentially great appointment.

Took over, stopped Stoke getting relegated, took them up the table then harshly sacked.

Went to Plymouth, done pretty well, returned to Stoke.

Promoted, stable and FA cup final meaning Europa league football.

Pretty fantastic in my opinion, even if you don't like the style of play.

He did well I will admit that but I would never say fantastic But it's always easier if you have the money to do it which he had at Stoke.

The fa cup final was a great achievement that cannot be taken away from them though it can be the luck of the draw sometimes. Remember Cardiff got there when in the champ.

He got away with it for a couple of seasons as prem teams were not used to it. Come the end they knew how to play against his teams as shown last season were despite the money they'd spent and the talent in the squad they were struggling around the relegation zone and in doing so were the lowest scores in the prem. they may of been stable but they were in decline in my opinion.

how is going to fare at palace with a less talented squad and with managers that have sussed him out tactically? He could prove me wrong and fair play to him if he does but I cannot see it happening.

Like I said if he did such a fantastic job why didn't a bigger club come in for him and Stoke felt the need to get rid of him.

People like pulis are why English/ British football is light years behind other nations

Pulis never being relegated really doesn't mean a lot.

They were talking about this on the radio earlier. Apparently Pulis wants a huge bonus based on this, purely on the strength of his good record, and all sorts of assurances he will be supported if they are relegated. Can't lose can he? just because he hasn't been relegated it doesn't mean he never will, but he's branding it round like some sort of guarantee.

I've always said he must give the best interview ever as he's always employed, and then still going one step further and sueing some previous clubs. Makes me sick that we chose him instead of...(sighs)

They were talking about this on the radio earlier. Apparently Pulis wants a huge bonus based on this, purely on the strength of his good record, and all sorts of assurances he will be supported if they are relegated. Can't lose can he? just because he hasn't been relegated it doesn't mean he never will, but he's branding it round like some sort of guarantee.

I've always said he must give the best interview ever as he's always employed, and then still going one step further and sueing some previous clubs. Makes me sick that we chose him instead of...(sighs)

He certainly hasn't ever done anything to make such crazy demands. That's not out of hatred for him, that's my honest opinion.

If I was him, with the demand for jobs in the manager industry bigger than ever he shouldn't be so cocky.

He's a complete cock off the pitch as well, My Dad had the pleasure of doing a coaching course with him when he was at city I believe, Just arrogant and snobby, Thought he was the best and laughed at some of the other people on the course as they "Will never be able to learn how to coach, It just comes to some people"

CLEARLY YOU WEREN'T ONE OF THEM WITH YOUR SH!T TACTICS AT EVERY F'ING CLUB YOU'VE BEEN AT

Archived