IGNORED

Are We Expected To Sit Back And Accept Where We Are ?

Tomo

Season Ticket Holder for bla bla bla bla - decided not to get one this season with Phase 1, 2 and 3 tickets introduced. I always miss the odd game nowadays through work / family etc so decided on pay at phase 1 ticket offers...

I love Bristol City. I went with my nephews today (aged 21 and 22 and I am 42) - they are city through and through (although they have 2nd teams Chelsea and Arsenal which I dont understand - I only have one club BCFC).

I have been going to the gate for 36 years - and to be honest I dont want to go on Tuesday. In fact I am not going. Like so many other fans, I am sick of it. I have seen us in the 4th tier (2 seasons it lasted of course) - but the club is a shambles from top to bottom.

This transition period stuff is really beginning to make me boycott games at the moment as there are are no positives coming from the board, manager, players - so why should I be positive and attend on tuesday (its not about the money for the game either), There is no good feeling from anyone.  

Positivity and belief starts with the board, manager and the players - I dont get one vibe that they are positive. They keep tagging the "transitional period crap" and we will build from there. One of the richest men in our country is letting our club go free-fall (ignore what he has already invested and ignore FFP) - he could invest and help keep us falling into division 4 - will he ? 

I felt gutted and angry coming away from the ground today.......... Purely at myself for buying a season ticket. I can't face Tuesday and I know supporters are supposed to go through thick and but tbh I think I owe it to myself to find some other interest. This is a joke.

to be honest i thought we would struggle this year at the start of the season i had us down to finish 15 

I think everybody would accept that at this moment in time, in a recent poll there was an overwhelming percentage who said they expected mid table before the season began, the way things are looking 15th or mid table look a very long way off.

I am a season ticket holder and due to genuine reasons I have missed 3 home games, in past years I would have been gutted to have missed those 3 games but I can honestly say I could not care less.

After the disgraceful performance today against a truly shocking Sheffield Utd I am not going to attend on Tuesday.

I have been watching City for 45 years mostly through bad times but can not remember being so totally disinterested in a Bristol City team.

There is not one player (except for JET) that excites me, Shorey on the left wing, do me a favour.

Apart from the Baldock chance we did not trouble their goalkeeper once, Sheffield Utd were truly awful but did they have to work hard for their victory? Did their players walk off the pitch today and say to each other "we had to work our b***s off today to get the 3 points" I don't think so.

The manager's seems to set the team up to get a 0-0 and maybe a bit of JET magic might sneak a 1-0.

If we are going down, let's go down trying to play and be positive, let's get rid of one paced players who slow the tempo down and play Wes Burns who might make the odd mistake but at least we will carry the game forward and put the opposition under pressure.

We have a team at present that mirrors the manager, the players and the board BORING, CLUELESS, NEGATIVE & OUT OF THEIR DEPTH.

Believe me, I love BCFC and it kills me to slaughter the club I love but there is nothing good about the club at the moment, if people like me are staying away this club has massive problems

In reality, times are still going to get worse before they turn for the better. I think staying up this season is an absolute MUST. If we end up getting relegated, we would certainly not walk all over league two. I think it's a joke, but I just have to accept where we are, and be realistic, we are not going forward as a club at the moment.

I am a season ticket holder and due to genuine reasons I have missed 3 home games, in past years I would have been gutted to have missed those 3 games but I can honestly say I could not care less.

After the disgraceful performance today against a truly shocking Sheffield Utd I am not going to attend on Tuesday.

I have been watching City for 45 years mostly through bad times but can not remember being so totally disinterested in a Bristol City team.

There is not one player (except for JET) that excites me, Shorey on the left wing, do me a favour.

Apart from the Baldock chance we did not trouble their goalkeeper once, Sheffield Utd were truly awful but did they have to work hard for their victory? Did their players walk off the pitch today and say to each other "we had to work our b***s off today to get the 3 points" I don't think so.

The manager's seems to set the team up to get a 0-0 and maybe a bit of JET magic might sneak a 1-0.

If we are going down, let's go down trying to play and be positive, let's get rid of one paced players who slow the tempo down and play Wes Burns who might make the odd mistake but at least we will carry the game forward and put the opposition under pressure.

We have a team at present that mirrors the manager, the players and the board BORING, CLUELESS, NEGATIVE & OUT OF THEIR DEPTH.

Believe me, I love BCFC and it kills me to slaughter the club I love but there is nothing good about the club at the moment, if people like me are staying away this club has massive problems

I think he "sets us up" to not concede, and get one.

I thought it took some doing to concede to Sheff today.

It is terribly frustrating when you feel you are sat in your seat watching something for no apparent reason.

I always make my way to the front of the dolman for the last couple of minutes of injury time and i felt yesterday was the most animated supporters have been at venting their anger to the players at the final whistle.

I keep thinking that O'driscoll is unmovable this season but a bad defeat against LO on tuesday could be the final straw.

DEAR DAVE L, STEVE L, JON L AND THE BOARD (whoever they are)

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE, RE-THINK AND END THE DREARYNESS

There are many other long term fans of this club who feel the same, ignore them at your peril.

In Hope, a fan since 1967 :fingerscrossed: :city:  :sign09:  :help:  

It is terribly frustrating when you feel you are sat in your seat watching something for no apparent reason.

I always make my way to the front of the dolman for the last couple of minutes of injury time and i felt yesterday was the most animated supporters have been at venting their anger to the players at the final whistle.

I keep thinking that O'Driscoll is unmovable this season but a bad defeat against LO on tuesday could be the final straw.

no it wont be the final straw as the little prat in charge aint got the balls to gey rid of sod,also aint got a clue how to run a club  

Terrible, but true, indictment of where we are under SOD. I really feel despair at SODs super over cautious approach to games, he sets up the team to contain the opposition and his entire offensive stragety seems to rely on JET pulling something out of the bag (which he has done, but can't be expected to do every game). Tell me what is the point of paying for McLaughlin to be here on loan, when he just sits on the bench?  Why are players like Burns not even getting on the bench? Why has Wynter been frozen out since returning from injury? Why can we not try just for ONCE playing two up front plus JET, now that we have greater defensive stablilty? 

No one said it would be easy.....

In fact we have been told many times how hard it is going to be for next few years

But know exactly how you feel...I myself have not used my ST a few times this season .

Indeed we were, but nobody was talking about a second relegation as part of the master plan. SOD himself has been taken aback by how bad it has been and has said so. Yet wasn't the propaganda that while it would be tough at least we would be playing entertaining, passing football? When exactly is that going to start I wonder?

At the moment his only answer appears to be to set up to get a 0-0 but hope JET produces a piece of magic, as others have said. He persists with Baldock as a lone striker despite the evidence that it does not work. That doesn't seem to the work of a man with his coaching credentials and reputation. There is nothing clever about persisting with tactics that don't work and it baffles me that such an intelligent man can be so rigid in his thinking. I have to conclude that his ego won't let him admit he is wrong, in which case I assume the die is cast.

Indeed we were, but nobody was talking about a second relegation as part of the master plan. SOD himself has been taken aback by how bad it has been and has said so. Yet wasn't the propaganda that while it would be tough at least we would be playing entertaining, passing football? When exactly is that going to start I wonder?

At the moment his only answer appears to be to set up to get a 0-0 but hope JET produces a piece of magic, as others have said. He persists with Baldock as a lone striker despite the evidence that it does not work. That doesn't seem to the work of a man with his coaching credentials and reputation. There is nothing clever about persisting with tactics that don't work and it baffles me that such an intelligent man can be so rigid in his thinking. I have to conclude that his ego won't let him admit he is wrong, in which case I assume the die is cast.

I, personally, don't think it'll make much difference who is manager because the players are at Div 2 standard. As others have mentioned, we've had Johnson out, Millen out, McInnes out and they're all doing well as managers elsewhere as will SOD when he leaves.

In fact we have been told many times how hard it is going to be for next few years

But know exactly how you feel...I myself have not used my ST a few times this season .

Your post reminded me of that old John Lennon song, could be O'Driscoll's theme tune:

''Christ you know it ain't easy

You know how hard it can be

The way things are going

They're gonna crucify me.''

There must come a point where saying this repeatedly backfires, becomes counter-productive; a ready made excuse. Who in the League One has got it easy, got it sorted? If yesterday is all we've got though, it is going to be hard for years

Nobody said it would be easy, but I can't for the life of me work out why we are finding it so hard. We have young players yes, but mostly these are the players who have added the bit of spark and desire. We have players who are experienced in league one and Championship so it's not lack of knowledge or quality as such. It's not as if we lost a lot of players and were still in the Championship having to make do with what we have, we should be more than capable of playing at this level.

When I see some teams eg Sheffield Utd is one who I wonder at in how far they have slipped down the footballing ladder. Can't understand how it happens I think, then I see it happening to my own team before my eyes. It's gutting to say the least, and yes it bloody well hurts.

Not to register a single shot in the second half other than duffed free kicks....Outrageous. Given a stat like that I would rather revert to league one lump it forward airborn howitzers.

My son fell asleep for forty minutes just before half time and slumped over the bloke next to him. I apologised and went to wake him - Fair play to the guy who's shoulder he was on - he said if I woke him to watch this rubbish he would report me to childline.

Archived