IGNORED

Are We Expected To Sit Back And Accept Where We Are ?

Tomo

I agree with the OP and this set me thinking.

Fans at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea etc certainly don't accept poor performances or seasons with nothing tangible (a trophy or qualification for Europe next year).

Then you read certain posts on this forum.

"We are in transition",

"We are Bristio lCity and this is to be expected" and

"Relegation would be a good thing"

Doesn't that say it all?

yeah there are to many happy clappers to many people who arnt worried wat division we are in people with no ambition

it was genuine question about SOD, nobody is arguing about where changing managers has taken us, but it is rather a smokescreen, you made the gambler analogy and I offer the sat nav that keeps taking you to the wrong destination but blames the driver. I know you believe we will finish mid table, I think the vast majority of fans don't see really that happening and would actually take that now, so i'll change my genuine question, is there a point this season where you would say enough is enough?.

I really don't see it that way. It's not just about whether things are going badly, which they are. It's also about having a reasonable belief that a change would make them better. I think that we will still finish mid table under Sean. I may be wrong. I'm fairly certain, though, that he won't get us relegated, although it won't be pretty to watch.

We don't have a cat's chance in Hell of promotion anyway, now. If we change managers, we have every chance of total meltdown and relegation.

I see Sean as the least worst option and, even if we are in the bottom six, the best chance of keeping us up.

So, to answer your question, we stick with him regardless, because any replacement is likely to do worse. Not exactly happy clapping but there you go...

Like I have said before I don't think its sod that is the problem the problem goes higher then him and before people say there is no1 to buy the club of sl I am not saying that I'm saying sack the board his son and for sl to be more hands on because the problem has been since he took a step back. But us the fans need to take action before it is to late I honestly think there is only 1 worst team then us in this division and unless that changes then league 2 next season for us!

I really don't see it that way. It's not just about whether things are going badly, which they are. It's also about having a reasonable belief that a change would make them better. I think that we will still finish mid table under Sean. I may be wrong. I'm fairly certain, though, that he won't get us relegated, although it won't be pretty to watch.

We don't have a cat's chance in Hell of promotion anyway, now. If we change managers, we have every chance of total meltdown and relegation.

I see Sean as the least worst option and, even if we are in the bottom six, the best chance of keeping us up.

So, to answer your question, we stick with him regardless, because any replacement is likely to do worse. Not exactly happy clapping but there you go...

I am not a Happy Clapper whatever that is, I feel the pain as much as anyone, but I have the feeling that we as a club have no alternative but to keep faith with O'Driscoll, we lost on Saturday, but we had a mini good run going before that, so there is improvement if you look at the bigger picture. So OK we will probably lose the next two at least, and the temptation will be to sack SOD, but just who will come in that's better? Who will want the job anyway?

SOD knows football inside out, he has seen it all before, trouble is there are those on here that seem to think they know best, but of course they don't, we are in a hole and the truth is we have to rebuild the ethics of this football club, root and branch, at least we have a proper footballing men at the helm, God help us if it was a Warnock or the like that was more interested in his Ego than helping the Club.

So strap yourselves in, it is gonna be frightening, but there is no gain without pain.  

So that's it belief?

God help us.

I agree with the OP and this set me thinking.

Fans at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea etc certainly don't accept poor performances or seasons with nothing tangible (a trophy or qualification for Europe next year).

Then you read certain posts on this forum.

"We are in transition",

"We are Bristio lCity and this is to be expected" and  

"Relegation would be a good thing"

Doesn't that say it all?

I dont read everything on the forum, but I've never seen anyone saying either of the last two of those quotes.

I've seen several posts and posters who seem to think that becasue we're Bristol City we have a right to not have to play teams like Crawley - but never anyone saying just becasue we're Bristol City we should expect to struggle. And ceratinly never seen a suggestion that relegation this season would be good.

I dont read everything on the forum, but I've never seen anyone saying either of the last two of those quotes.

I've seen several posts and posters who seem to think that becasue we're Bristol City we have a right to not have to play teams like Crawley - but never anyone saying just becasue we're Bristol City we should expect to struggle. And ceratinly never seen a suggestion that relegation this season would be good.

What was said was relegation won't be the end of the world, especially if we kept faith with SOD and from more than one poster.

But will we? 

I see a an upset here, let's start a campaign of optimism instead of losing before a ball has been kicked, or perhaps we / you  could boo the City players as the come on to the pitch, that should set the tone.

i wouldnt dream of booing them on to the pitch,i have done going off this season though.

like you,i would love to see a shock home win but cant for the life of me see how unless we set up different and go to outscore them.

trying to nick it by the odd goal isnt going to work as their position in the league proves their defence does not allow that to happen

i wouldnt dream of booing them on to the pitch,i have done going off this season though.

like you,i would love to see a shock home win but cant for the life of me see how unless we set up different and go to outscore them.

trying to nick it by the odd goal isnt going to work as their position in the league proves their defence does not allow that to happen

lets face it its not quiet December and its already getting to the point of shit or bust

I am not a Happy Clapper whatever that is, I feel the pain as much as anyone, but I have the feeling that we as a club have no alternative but to keep faith with O'Driscoll, we lost on Saturday, but we had a mini good run going before that, so there is improvement if you look at the bigger picture. So OK we will probably lose the next two at least, and the temptation will be to sack SOD, but just who will come in that's better? Who will want the job anyway?

SOD knows football inside out, he has seen it all before, trouble is there are those on here that seem to think they know best, but of course they don't, we are in a hole and the truth is we have to rebuild the ethics of this football club, root and branch, at least we have a proper footballing men at the helm, God help us if it was a Warnock or the like that was more interested in his Ego than helping the Club.

If sod knows foootball inside out ,why one short man up front and long ball,if he has seen it all before why is he doing the same things,why are substitions too late or not needed, why does he set up to annul the oppositions strengh above ours.why pay more money for someone who he thinks isnt worth that money,?... More questions than answers with sod he is not what i expected , nearly a year and no improvement for me. Its still a results game and he just is not getting them.

So strap yourselves in, it is gonna be frightening, but there is no gain without pain.

So wats ur answer lay down be quiet and go to league 2? Maybe not a change of manager as that hasn't worked over the last few years maybe a change of board maybe? Jl and co isn't working since sl left we have been in freefall

I struggle to see how you think a different board would affect the results on the pitch. It's there that the problems are, there that we are not winning points.

Let's say we were bought out by Ting Tong from Tooting and he kindly allowed us to keep our traditional shirt colour and name, how is this new multi-millionaire going to make SOD deviate from his fixed idea game plan before we concede? How is he going to tell him what formation to play? Which players to pick and what to instruct them? Will he be delivering the pre-match teamtalk rather than the Head Coach?

Whoever was in charge, they'd not be able to spend any more than SL on players, and in terms of off-field expenses, like redevelopment, they might spend a damn sight less!

I struggle to see how you think a different board would affect the results on the pitch. It's there that the problems are, there that we are not winning points.

Let's say we were bought out by Ting Tong from Tooting and he kindly allowed us to keep our traditional shirt colour and name, how is this new multi-millionaire going to make SOD deviate from his fixed idea game plan before we concede? How is he going to tell him what formation to play? Which players to pick and what to instruct them? Will he be delivering the pre-match teamtalk rather than the Head Coach?

Whoever was in charge, they'd not be able to spend any more than SL on players, and in terms of off-field expenses, like redevelopment, they might spend a damn sight less!

You are forgetting Ting Tong's son friend, Ding Dang from Khazikstan.

I, personally, don't think it'll make much difference who is manager because the players are at Div 2 standard. As others have mentioned, we've had Johnson out, Millen out, McInnes out and they're all doing well as managers elsewhere as will SOD when he leaves.

And another nail on the head. All of them have screwed it up here, and yet go back on the successful trail once they leave..

Have to say though the dross currently being served up is the worst have ever seen, including P e nis's effort. Dont quite go back to the 82 era, so they may be worse, but this ****** shambles is as much as me n Mrs Bucks can take. If we get relegated a*******ain, you can count us out, 100 quid days out to watch League 2 shit.....and brother is it looking more and more likely we will go down. At what point do we cut our losses on O Drosscoll's reign? Conference Football?

OH yeah Guy Whittingham got the boot from Pompey for losing FOUR straight games....How many did SOD lose before finally winning one?

After a long and sober thought i think i may have stumbled across an answer to all our woes,

ISSUE No 1....We aint happy

ISSUE No 2.........The team respond in negative ways to a negative buzz from the fans and so play....Negative

Answer................Change the fans !....keep the team and manager, let's all piss off.........Radical !

Well there are certainly improvements on the pitch, OK we lost on Saturday, but that was probably undeserved, it will take time, but  all we can do is remain positive and support the club, going the other way will surely only mean one thing...

Well it was an improvement since the Wycombe debacle,thats true, but it was still ****** shite..Sheffield Utd are the worst side I have seen City plsy in a good couple of seasons, but we didnt have the guile to break through even shite like this. Oh yeah, Im positive, positive we are royally ****** if we keep on this fashion.

Soon as I see summat positive, I'll be positive. Till then, feel free to dream on. I used to beleive too, BUT too mny shit results, gutless performances, clueless football, and dismal pre and post game conferences have utterly sapped any enthusiasm for coming to the Theatre of Boredom for my weekly fix.

Then wat are u suggesting cus changing managers hasn't worked

Let me see 2 wins in 17 games this season and of course the losing streak at the end of seasons surrender (which apparently doesn't count), well you've got me there, because I have nothing to equate that record with, I have asked how many managers have kept their jobs with a record like that and so far zip.

But I will try, this manager certainly isn't working at this precise moment in time, he's alienated a fair proportion of the fans and please have you seen todays rallying call for tomorrows game against the league leaders? FFS I hope the squad don't see it.

i'm not happy with the board, but I agree with the title of this thread.

Jeeezuz Aiz, thats not really a bloody option is it. looks like we're royally ****ed...

This team is utterly dire to watch, and this manager is as inspiring as Jimmy Carter and General Gamelin were. I dont really think we can afford to stick with him, although some of his ideas may well improve the club long term...

Not to register a single shot in the second half other than duffed free kicks....Outrageous. Given a stat like that I would rather revert to league one lump it forward airborn howitzers.

My son fell asleep for forty minutes just before half time and slumped over the bloke next to him. I apologised and went to wake him - Fair play to the guy who's shoulder he was on - he said if I woke him to watch this rubbish he would report me to childline.

I think, Cyril, I'd be reporting you anyway. Expect a call from Esther anytime soon

I don't think we'd be where we are with Warnock in charge

Jeeezuz Aiz, thats not really a bloody option is it. looks like we're royally ****ed...

This team is utterly dire to watch, and this manager is as inspiring as Jimmy Carter and General Gamelin were. I dont really think we can afford to stick with him, although some of his ideas may well improve the club long term...

You know me, bucks - I'm a happy clapper :D

Archived