IGNORED

Are We Expected To Sit Back And Accept Where We Are ?

Tomo

Think to many people are happy to go to league 2 ect we need answers from the top I think the only way to do that is demanded answers protest out side the Williams after the Rotherham game or something

I honestly don't think certain people are even considering it as a possibility at present. There seems to be some kind of mental block that we are to big/good to go down. I reckon there will be a huge dose of realism descending on here after Christmas. The trouble is, it may be too late.

Think to many people are happy to go to league 2 ect we need answers from the top I think the only way to do that is demanded answers protest out side the Williams after the Rotherham game or something

Well some people said going into League one would be a good thing.

I honestly don't think certain people are even considering it as a possibility at present. There seems to be some kind of mental block that we are to big/good to go down. I reckon there will be a huge dose of realism descending on here after Christmas. The trouble is, it may be too late.

Quite probably those that said we wouldn't go down last season. Head in sand mentality lala fingers in ears.

I guess if you don't have positivity what is the point in going. But people really are naive if they truly think we can't go down. We have been in the basement before, we can most certainly make it there again.

Well some people said going into League one would be a good thing.

And wat a disaster that has become. We the fans need to stand up and be counted lets face it everyone says the club wouldn't survive with out sl but it would also struggle with gates of 5k in league 2

I hate to do this but, here goes. We have a really good coach (according to some), who's frightened of letting go of the leash, the team mirror him and his negativity. If he constantly states that it's going to be hard, then it is going to be hard. We set up yesterday to counter the opposition, he said so. As a consequence we were dreadful in trying to break down a well organised but slow defence. Until he lets go of the shackles then this is what we'll get. The man may well be a good coach but, he's certainly not a good manager. Perhaps he didn't have quite the same pressures at the homely DRFC, or Bournmouth but he has them here and it would appear, that he's not up to the job of dealing with those pressures and opts for the safe approach.

He's systematically killing any fight that the club has with his negativity, perhaps that's what the powers that be want.

With ONLY 2 WINS  the worst in this division, the board at least should not expect fans to, just "sit back" and say everything is fine or nothing, as they themselves will THEN do likewise.

SHOUT, SHOUT LET IT ALL OUT (as the song goes) our league position and lack of leadership, passion etc  IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

WE SHOULD NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT AGAIN, DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. 

• Admin

Crikey we are 17 matches in, that makes it another 29 to go, plenty of time for our bad luck to even out, let's start on Tuesday by stuffing the O's , but we do need your support still, how about getting behind the team more instead of berating them? 

Unfortunately this is the problem that we do have. Blind optimism / clutching at straws whatever you want to call it.

The problem is there are NO signs of improvement anywhere on the pitch at present, the performances have been poor match after match.

How many times has SO'D / Burt come out and said "that was the worst performance of the season" - it can't keep going on like this.

Last season was bad enough, going down without any fight, but 12 months on we are seeing the same mistakes etc and there is no light in the tunnel.

Don't buy into all this transition nonsense, are we supposed to believe that we are the only side who are cutting back etc? We STILL are one of the best paying clubs so should have quality for our money.

There is no question about us supporting our club, you only have to see the 10k people that are there week in week out that there is still the backing from us.

Pitty the poor precious players if they are put off by the odd person "berating" them at the end of a game - time for them to man up !

Yes of course, we can do buhher all and Lansdown has lost interest. But what do you expect from a gas head? He has no real allegiance to the club as we all know the rovers connection, if you change once you can change again? I hear he rarely attends games anymore & is now pumping his money into Guernsey fc. He's sticking two fingers up to the council & has lost interest since the Ashton vale decision.

I also blame the supporters trust who are like a lame duck - was it not the vision to have a 'fan, on the board? When, in year 2050? Mr Lansdown, go away & give the club back to the fans, perhaps as a good will gesture give 51% to the fans. Go on , you know it makes sense.

Either be in or out, there is no half measures

Yes of course, we can do buhher all and Lansdown has lost interest. But what do you expect from a gas head? He has no real allegiance to the club as we all know the rovers connection, if you change once you can change again? I hear he rarely attends games anymore & is now pumping his money into Guernsey fc. He's sticking two fingers up to the council & has lost interest since the Ashton vale decision.

I also blame the supporters trust who are like a lame duck - was it not the vision to have a 'fan, on the board? When, in year 2050? Mr Lansdown, go away & give the club back to the fans, perhaps as a good will gesture give 51% to the fans. Go on , you know it makes sense.

Either be in or out, there is no half measures

"Sticking two fingers up" while reaching with the other hand into his pocket for whatever it costs to redevelop AG, I think you forgot to say there, sir! Let Steve do this first before being too nasty to him. Unless there is someone else with dosh bursting to take over and plough a few mill in?

"Sticking two fingers up" while reaching with the other hand into his pocket for whatever it costs to redevelop AG, I think you forgot to say there, sir! Let Steve do this first before being too nasty to him. Unless there is someone else with dosh bursting to take over and plough a few mill in?

I think it's time for the owner to say a few words, perhaps. No one else is communicating, wrote to the club enquiring about buying shares but didn't get a reply- seems to be a lethargic cloud hanging over the club but do please prove me wrong.

I'll gladly denote my season ticket to someone needy.

If he constantly states that it's going to be hard, then it is going to be hard.

He's systematically killing any fight that the club has with his negativity, perhaps that's what the powers that be want.

Constantly stating it is going to be hard means that anything else is a bonus and it then appears you've done a good job.

Sounds a bit like David Cameron.

Well there are certainly improvements on the pitch, OK we lost on Saturday, but that was probably undeserved, it will take time, but all we can do is remain positive and support the club, going the other way will surely only mean one thing...

Another happy clapper 2many of u u need to wake up and smell the coffee we are getting nothing but worse and unless US the fans demand answers demand change we r only going to end up fighting a relegation battle next year only in league 2

Another happy clapper 2many of u u need to wake up and smell the coffee we are getting nothing but worse and unless US the fans demand answers demand change we r only going to end up fighting a relegation battle next year only in league 2

And you reckon yet another change of manager will change things for the better? You sound like the gambler saying "it MUST be Red next spin".

And you reckon yet another change of manager will change things for the better? You sound like the gambler saying "it MUST be Red next spin".

So wats ur answer lay down be quiet and go to league 2? Maybe not a change of manager as that hasn't worked over the last few years maybe a change of board maybe? Jl and co isn't working since sl left we have been in freefall

About 18 months ago, but changing managers has proved not to be the answer. I'm bu99ered if I know what is, though :(

it was genuine question about SOD, nobody is arguing about where changing managers has taken us, but it is rather a smokescreen, you made the gambler analogy and I offer the sat nav that keeps taking you to the wrong destination but blames the driver. I know you believe we will finish mid table, I think the vast majority of fans don't see really that happening and would actually take that now, so i'll change my genuine question, is there a point this season where you would say enough is enough?.

No one said it would be easy.....

In fact we have been told many times how hard it is going to be for next few years

But know exactly how you feel...I myself have not used my ST a few times this season .

Nobody said it would be so hard, I wish we could go back to the Bradford game...

I agree with the OP and this set me thinking.

Fans at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea etc certainly don't accept poor performances or seasons with nothing tangible (a trophy or qualification for Europe next year).

Then you read certain posts on this forum.

"We are in transition",

"We are Bristio lCity and this is to be expected" and  

"Relegation would be a good thing"

Doesn't that say it all?

Archived