IGNORED

A Message To The Landsdowns....

i hate rovers

He has also put our club 60 million in debt and made it unsaleable

If it wasn't for him he wouldn't have to fund it, he's only covering his own mistakes!

But keep bending down to him, one day you'll get to his feet

He owns it and doesn't want to sell it. That's how the club/owner relationship works in football.

Virtually every club has an operating loss and requires a multi-millionaire to finance it. From the standard of your argument, I'm guessing you are not one.

Not anything to do with the Lansdown's. Sounds like typical 'jobsworths' though. Probably the same clowns who don't use any discretion when there are massive ticketing cock ups.   

Someone needs to have a word with these 'customer-facing' people at our Club. Their 'performance' is only eclipsed by the on-the-field activities at the moment - third rate and bottom third rate at that. 

To those who made the effort to travel from Europe to watch our joke of the Club, your support is massively appreciated by many of us and we apologise for the discourteous behaviour of our Club officials. 

He owns it and doesn't want to sell it. That's how the club/owner relationship works in football.

Virtually every club has an operating loss and requires a multi-millionaire to finance it. From the standard of your argument, I'm guessing you are not one.

Hasn't exactly invested wisely though has he for a long time now... probably has put this club in jeopardy and risked the future 'chasing the dream'.

You might get a beer quicker if the bar staff didn't insist on pouring each pint one at a time.

How about pour out 1500 pints of lager and cider during the first half?

Spot on there mate. I've been to loads of things where they've done this and it works really well. It can't be that difficult to look at the takings and see what was sold and when. Do a percentage and just pour half of that to start with, it's going to get drunk, especially with people wanting to drown their sorrows with the crap being served up on the pitch at the moment.

Unless they think everyone is suddenly going to start ordering Babycham, Pimms and Snowballs :laugh:

Hasn't exactly invested wisely though has he for a long time now... probably has put this club in jeopardy and risked the future 'chasing the dream'.

He has indeed been advised to buy all manner of crap over the years by various managers. Few club owners actually make money though.

And if you aren't "chasing the dream" what are you chasing? relegation??

He has indeed been advised to buy all manner of crap over the years by various managers. Few club owners actually make money though.

Mainly with Johnson and Coppell.

Spunked a lot of money in a failed stadium project while taking his eye off the ball regarding on-field matters, decision making has been poor and allowed (or the board) the wage bill to spiral out of control.

:) indeed. Some potd supporters actually put more into the club over a season thsn a season ticket holder ever will. Shoddy shoddy shoddy.

I never have a season ticket and I'd argue I put more in than they do. As do many others.

This to me is ridiculous.

Our club does itself no favours sometimes!

I never have a season ticket and I'd argue I put more in than they do. As do many others.

This to me is ridiculous.

Our club does itself no favours sometimes!

I am sure they file their lessons learned findings in the bin.... if of course they carry out lessons learned procedures!

I was speaking to my son the other night and Moyes name cropped up and the reports that Lansdown had him on the interview panel for DMC I think, with those sort of contacts why didn't he seek advice from people like that once the warning lights started flashing over some of the signings and proposed wages?.

Mainly with Johnson and Coppell.

Spunked a lot of money in a failed stadium project while taking his eye off the ball regarding on-field matters, decision making has been poor and allowed (or the board) the wage bill to spiral out of control.

Although he personally has lost money on AV it's no direct cost to the club and as for taking his eye off on-field matters. Would anyone want some Mike Ashley type interfering with playing policy he has no idea about? The bloke's a stockbroker, not a coach and you only really need him to keep cash flowing and not meddle with the professionals - the majority of whose appointments, as I've said before, were welcomed by most of us here. Hindsight's a wonderful thing and billionaire's can't buy a crystal ball any more than we ordinary fans can.

I was speaking to my son the other night and Moyes name cropped up and the reports that Lansdown had him on the interview panel for DMC I think, with those sort of contacts why didn't he seek advice from people like that once the warning lights started flashing over some of the signings and proposed wages?.

I hardly think Moysie would make himself available as a second pair of eyes on every city signing or that any manager would tolerate such a position if he did. Giving advice when the club is between managers fair enough though.

He has also put our club 60 million in debt and made it unsaleable

If it wasn't for him he wouldn't have to fund it, he's only covering his own mistakes!

But keep bending down to him, one day you'll get to his feet

The majority of clubs are in debt.

He doesn't want to sell it, but if he did I am sure their are some dodgy Asian/Arabs who will buy the club and turn us into Bristol Robins who play in Green or whatever.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting in mate. I went in with two friends as I always do. Got to the front of the bar after about 5 minutes and then spent the next 10 minutes being ignored by the bar staff. They were slower and more inept then usual and we ended up giving up because we clearly weren't going to get served. We weren't the only one's either. Several other people gave up trying to get served because of the very poor service. Can I ask why their are no longer pre poured pints behind the bar anymore? In the past we've complained to the guy in charge but he doesn't seem the slightest bit interested.

Including Forest or whoever comes with a tempting bag of cash for JET in January?*

*everyone just loves a cleverclogs, don't they?

Selling JET looks more and more like a recipe for relegation. I would be more than very surprised if they took that action. It might tell us a lot more about the board than some of us are accepting right now and that is trying to hold on to the merits of their current slash and burn policy under the veil of FFP.

I dont see it as personal abuse, Wake up smell the coffee the truth hurts at times!

I consider it personal abuse so therefor it is, your comments saying people are idiots is also abuse. You may not consider it abuse but as your doing the abusing it's hardly surprising you don't consider it abuse.

I'm not happy with a lot of decisions the club makes etc however resorting to name calling is just childish and pathetic and uncalled for.

I don't care if it's lansdown or the programme seller your calling an idiot any abuse isn't on, hardly surprising they were refused entry considering their attitude.

Everyone knows the DEH is for season ticket holders, I'm sure had they just had a quiet word with someone then they would have been allowed in. Maybe their attitude was the real reason they was refused entry?? Their approach seems to be all wrong here.

Why would he?

Apparently, because security at the Dolman Bar refused to bend the rules to allow a group of non-Season Ticket Holders to get a half-time pint.

I was served a flat pint of Tribute in my local on saturday, so I shall be writing to the Chairman of st Austell Brewery demanding his resignation!  :whistle: 

I consider it personal abuse so therefor it is, your comments saying people are idiots is also abuse. You may not consider it abuse but as your doing the abusing it's hardly surprising you don't consider it abuse.

I'm not happy with a lot of decisions the club makes etc however resorting to name calling is just childish and pathetic and uncalled for.

I don't care if it's lansdown or the programme seller your calling an idiot any abuse isn't on, hardly surprising they were refused entry considering their attitude.

Everyone knows the DEH is for season ticket holders, I'm sure had they just had a quiet word with someone then they would have been allowed in. Maybe their attitude was the real reason they was refused entry?? Their approach seems to be all wrong here.

I'm confused here. I thought the DEH was for season ticket holders and Dolman ticket holders - am I wrong?

I'm confused here. I thought the DEH was for season ticket holders and Dolman ticket holders - am I wrong?

I think you are wrong. I'm not 100% sure but believe it is only ST. When we played Crystal Palace in the cup I was refused entry because I had had the ticket for the Dolman and didn't bring my ST with me. I was polite with the chap, didn't call him a ball bag and he let me in. 

I think you are wrong. I'm not 100% sure but believe it is only ST. When we played Crystal Palace in the cup I was refused entry because I had had the ticket for the Dolman and didn't bring my ST with me. I was polite with the chap, didn't call him a ball bag and he let me in. 

Thanks. Good to know the answer. It's going to be rather empty next season, then. Given the current ticket deals, it makes no sense at all to be an ST holder, and a few here have already decided not to renew.

I don't think anyone called a bouncer a 'ball bag' to his face. Possibly he shouted 'scrotum' and ran away while the bouncer consulted his pocket dictionary...

Thanks. Good to know the answer. It's going to be rather empty next season, then. Given the current ticket deals, it makes no sense at all to be an ST holder, and a few here have already decided not to renew.

I don't think anyone called a bouncer a 'ball bag' to his face. Possibly he shouted 'scrotum' and ran away while the bouncer consulted his pocket dictionary...

Like I said I'm not 100% sure. I'll think twice next season about renewing if we survive. I won't be thinking twice if we are relegated.

How about.....

Access to the DEH is a PERK for SEASON TICKET HOLDERS...... encouraging people to invest in the club for the long term rather than game by game.

Based on previous experience the DEH can be very full, so if it has to be limited then its correct to reward STH's

But that isnt what happens.

I went into the DEH before the match on Sat, and there were 2 women in front of me trying to get in with an Ateyo ticket, one doorman said no the other said its fine, and in they went.....

Think that's where these went wrong, be polite etc and they will let you in, act a tit and of course there gonna tell you to bog off.

Archived