IGNORED

A Message To The Landsdowns....

i hate rovers

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here yet but also how hard is it to have 50/100 pints lined up behind the bar ready for ht? Instead people quing for ages and are left with 5 mins to race their drinks down

I mentioned this on another thread.

Why dont the barmen and women pour 1500 pints of cider and lager during the first half and just hand out rather than pour to order?

If some bloke asked for 6 pints of thorn it takes 10 mins to serve him and by then the players are back on the pitch.

Soi think the conclsion is that 1) a season ticket gets you in and 2) getting there early before it is full and showing some respect to the guys on the door can get you in and 3) not having either of these means you dont get in.

Sadly the DEH is not some sort of TARDIS with unlimited capacity so some sort of prioritisation is needed and ultimately someone is going to get turned away once it is full

Its fine to complain of lost revenue but rather than use this to condemn the chairman and chief exec, perhaps use this to try to understand why those same people have been trying so hard to build a new or improved stadium with better facilities.

If Lansdown & Co don't sort things like this, it'll be Fansdown.

In these difficult times, clubs cannot afford to treat supporters badly and lose them - they do so at their peril.

Our beloved club has made a really good fist of p*ssing people off.

Big mistake.

The 5 pillars though.....thats gotta count for something?

I mean I cant tell you what they are, what they do or who actually thought that introducing them to a small football club would be a good idea, but no other club has them, so we win 5-0 every week.

If you want to earn more money in the bar, Please start with getting people with more experience behind the bar. The friendly woman i asked for two points of lager had to check twice with her colleague to find out what I should Pay... Secondly, there were 30 pints of lager ready when we came in (as first since we Willem II supporters are thirsty men). This could have been many, many more!!!!

The 5 pillars though.....thats gotta count for something?

I mean I cant tell you what they are, what they do or who actually thought that introducing them to a small football club would be a good idea, but no other club has them, so we win 5-0 every week.

Is that the five pillars of salt that are holding up the house of cards?

If you want to earn more money in the bar, Please start with getting people with more experience behind the bar. The friendly woman i asked for two points of lager had to check twice with her colleague to find out what I should Pay... Secondly, there were 30 pints of lager ready when we came in (as first since we Willem II supporters are thirsty men). This could have been many, many more!!!!

I do apologise for this, sir. We are currently undergoing a transformation and trying a new philosophy here, part of which entails a policy of signing staff of 24 years or younger. We do have quite an inexperienced team at the moment, and are not performing quite as well as hoped. We do consider signing on loan some more experienced staff, but these often sustain injuries, or simply prefer going back to where they came from.

On behalf of myself and the club's other directors, please accept my sincere apologies and we trust you will visit us again. I will personally ensure that the beers are lined up for you next time, if you give fair notice of your intention to travel. Just be sure to let me know the day before you set off. Or a week before, just to be sure. Do you like them cold?

Anyway, Hup Willem! Hup the City!

I do apologise for this, sir. We are currently undergoing a transformation and trying a new philosophy here, part of which entails a policy of signing staff of 24 years or younger. We do have quite an inexperienced team at the moment, and are not performing quite as well as hoped. We do consider signing on loan some more experienced staff, but these often sustain injuries, or simply prefer going back to where they came from.

On behalf of myself and the club's other directors, please accept my sincere apologies and we trust you will visit us again. I will personally ensure that the beers are lined up for you next time, if you give fair notice of your intention to travel. Just be sure to let me know the day before you set off. Or a week before, just to be sure. Do you like them cold?

Anyway, Hup Willem! Hup the City!

I cannot speak for the other people, but no apologies needed for me. I got in and got a nice, cold glass lager! Just posted it to give you some means to earn extra money for the club we love too! So another visit will follow and then we can drink jointly a nice COLD pint lager!

How about.....

Access to the DEH is a PERK for SEASON TICKET HOLDERS...... encouraging people to invest in the club for the long term rather than game by game.

Based on previous experience the DEH can be very full, so if it has to be limited then its correct to reward STH's

when was this in the 80s?????..perk my ass ...we had guests from various countries over for a beer and to watch the  game,it was   embarrasing.when we go over   there where treated like lords..total shite.i bet you didnt go to carlisle peanut did you...?change youre name to  numbnut!!

when was this in the 80s?????..perk my ass ...we had guests from various countries over for a beer and to watch the game,it was embarrasing.when we go over there where treated like lords..total shite.i bet you didnt go to carlisle peanut did you...?change youre name to numbnut!!

And that's the point. The only people who are treated like lords at the Gate are, well, Lords...

What is happening to your club...

My Post...

All my family, friends, work associates can not BELIEVE I have already missed 3 games this season. As most of you know I have been a season ticket holder for yonks etc and supported the club since age 6. 37 years in december. I am missing my 4th home game tonight. It still feels so so strange not meeting up with Mat and the others for a beer. Making the prediction pre match at the robins or Angel, having a burger or chips (at the robins especially on evening games). Then there is the half time analysis with a beer in the dolman bar. Its wierd. Really wierd.

But we are where we are and I am sat at home for the 4th time in over 20 odd years. My dad who passed away in february WOULD BE SHOCKED. He was a massive supporter (hence my fanatical addiction to the club) but he also lost the "every game bug" in his 50's I guess. Enough is enough and until the club start acting like a professional football club in the 5th/6th biggest city in England, I will miss games like tonight.

COYR - give us a win tonight - I will be listening sadly (by choice I might add)

Posted by "CityShippers"

come on city prove me wrong

I aint going tonite cant face it!

first league game I have chosen not to go to, since well cant remember.

I started watching when I was about 10 years old, now 44!

first game was in the old first div, against teams like Arsenal man u, Liverpool

then came the slide all the way to the basement, but somehow it didn't seem as bad as this been a season ticket holder for years now, but it has really become a bore and a chore, I will always support city but it is just not enjoyable anymore its not the results ,we have to be fair pretty much always been at this level, but we used to try to play at least I remember Riley, Pritchard, taylor Turner, Jordan Shutt, Milne, none great players( Jordan getting on a bit ), but a team over the years that on the whole entertained the last straw for me was Saturday against a truly awful team in sheff utd, they were happy to let us keep the ball for 8-10 passes because they knew we weren't good enough to do anything with it just waiting and hoping for JET to score from nothing is not a tactic

I am afraid this is sods team and squad and it is not very good, we are in a relegation battle, but we have been before, the difference this time is so many people are getting to the point of not caring because the football on offer is just so bad

I hope we win tonight and I hope we stay up, but most of all I hope at some point in the next year or so we start to play football again

coyr

Archived