IGNORED

Flint & Baldock

Rob k

No argument from me on that one. He is just like McCombe.

His distribution was fking terrible as well.

Why not - shock horror - have some defenders who can pass a ball and even think for a second where he is heading the ball?

Osbourne does.

When the ball comes into the box, get it the heck out. Players of the calibre your after are above playing for us. For now just support who is here until that changes

It's all the good chances he's missed that concern people, and rightly so.

He was in the right place to profit from Flint's header, and his movement in the box leading to the OG was excellent.

But he had again completely miscontrolled an excellent through ball before he scored, and despite appearing a confident person in his interviews evidently has frailties when it comes to displaying such assurance on the pitch.

Hopefully that confidence will be up after last night and we'll see the best of him from here on in with more composed finishing.

strikers miss chances always has always will, I'd rather have baldock who does miss sitters in the side picking up 15 - 20 goals a season (which if he keeps his scoring record up he will achieve) in the side then a hard worker who will score 1 maybe 2 a season tops

I'm not talking about clearing the box - I want people to do that as well.

I am talking about their goal kicks or their long balls.

I can't even recall how many times it will come to Flint, there will be literally nobody around him - free header - and he just heads it high and long back to where it came or into sort of anywhere. Not in our box, kind of halfway between the halfway line and our box.

Now Osbourne will either bring it down or head it to the midfielder he picks out.

Sometimes he'll get it forward under pressure and thats fine but Flint does it every time. We've paid for this guy and is this what we paid for?

I think both Williams and Osbourne are better players.

he's a second top goalscorer with 8 or 9 goals in 18 games a return of a goal every other game if thats doing **** all I'd hate to see him give 100%

For a 1m player he has missed around 8 or 9 one on ones, where would we be if he had scored half of them, has he scored any goals this season he had no real right to??

For a 1m player he has missed around 8 or 9 one on ones, where would we be if he had scored half of them, has he scored any goals this season he had no real right to??

Last night after chasing down a lost cause, something he has to do a lot of because of the "entertaining" tactics our head coach deploys

Did I make a comment on the game?

My thoughts on Flint are based over the season. You're telling me he doesn't just blindly head it forward? Really?

he was brought in to be a dominant, ball winning CB. That's what he does, and that's what we've needed since McCombe/Caulker.

He is what he is, if you want a ball winning, limited CB then he's it, if you want a quick CB who's more mobile (Williams), he's not it.

I'm not talking about clearing the box - I want people to do that as well.

I am talking about their goal kicks or their long balls.

I can't even recall how many times it will come to Flint, there will be literally nobody around him - free header - and he just heads it high and long back to where it came or into sort of anywhere. Not in our box, kind of halfway between the halfway line and our box.

Now Osbourne will either bring it down or head it to the midfielder he picks out.

Sometimes he'll get it forward under pressure and thats fine but Flint does it every time. We've paid for this guy and is this what we paid for?

I think both Williams and Osbourne are better players.

I thought Williams was poor when he came on on Saturday, several very overhit long balls as time was running out. Of course he also made some awful errors earlier in the season, some leading to goals conceded. Overall though he is looking better and better.

Likewise, I like Osbourne, he's done very well, but we were commenting at the match last night how he unnecesarily booted it away aimlessly on several occasions.

Flint has his limitations of course, but as a no nonsense first ball winner he is very effective, allowing the likes of Williams to impress in other ways. He's also a real danger in the opposition box and could, perhaps should, have scored several times. However, that will come, and having a defender with real physical presence in the oppositions' box, who'll cause problems and who is quite likely to score, is something we've lacked for years.

Yes, he's made a couple of costly errors but to me he's looking more and more like the player I'd hoped we'd signed.

You perhaps expect too much from a still relatively inexperienced player - imo the plus points he brings to the side far outweigh the inevitable mistakes and lack of finesse when it comes to clearing his lines.

I thought Williams was poor when he came on on Saturday, several very overhit long balls as time was running out. Of course he also made some awful errors earlier in the season, some leading to goals conceded. Overall though he is looking better and better.

Likewise, I like Osbourne, he's done very well, but we were commenting at the match last night how he unnecesarily booted it away aimlessly on several occasions.

Flint has his limitations of course, but as a no nonsense first ball winner he is very effective, allowing the likes of Williams to impress in other ways. He's also a real danger in the opposition box and could, perhaps should, have scored several times. However, that will come, and having a defender with real physical presence in the oppositions' box, who'll cause problems and who is quite likely to score, is something we've lacked for years.

Yes, he's made a couple of costly errors but to me he's looking more and more like the player I'd hoped we'd signed.

You perhaps expect too much from a still relatively inexperienced player - imo the plus points he brings to the side far outweigh the inevitable mistakes and lack of finesse when it comes to clearing his lines.

Flint does what we were told he would do, win challenges/headers and lump the ball, its his limitations, we vastly over paid for him and thats not his fault,

our problem is we have a manager who wants to play football but didn't sign and ball playing defenders hence the lumping up field

I wouldn't go confusing clearing the lines under pressure and in our box and what I am referring to.

In our box, under pressure, in awkward risky situations - get it clear, get it out, get rid of it absolutely.

Osbourne needs to do this, Williams should, anyone should.

Flint however - will have the ball come to him roughly in our half and there may not be a soul near him opponent or City player. Numerous times - in fact often - he will head it high, long and forward.

If you asked him who he was picking out for the header, he wouldn't be able to tell you.

Seriously? Is that what we want?

We're not talking here pressure, get it out - we are talking completely giving up possession unnecessarily and just lumping it forward. What the fk is that about?

Osbourne does not do that, I've seen him in exactly the same situation bring it down and look for a man, same with Williams.

To me Flint has all the markings of a ruddy great carthorse.

Archived