IGNORED

Goals Last Night

Tins

For those who couldn't make it here are the goals last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioRhn8Mqow&feature=youtu.be

I couldn't go and have just watched them.

Scary how bad our marketing is for both goals, both balls over the top and their men are straight on it.

Baldock was very impressive for the 2nd goal, bit fortunate for the first I believe.

For those who couldn't make it here are the goals last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioRhn8Mqow&feature=youtu.be

I couldn't go and have just watched them.

Scary how bad our marketing is for both goals, both balls over the top and their men are straight on it.

Baldock was very impressive for the 2nd goal, bit fortunate for the first I believe.

You mean Cunningham's marking or lack of for both goals.

Shambolic defending.  Real school boy stuff. 

How many defenders do we have to buy though to sort it out?  SOD in the market for another one apparently. 

Perhaps we do need a new left back.  We seem to sign players and then need shot of them after a year.  Could do with Flint and Cunningham moving on!

Remind me who set up our first goal,,,

Shambolic defending.  Real school boy stuff. 

How many defenders do we have to buy though to sort it out?  SOD in the market for another one apparently. 

Perhaps we do need a new left back.  We seem to sign players and then need shot of them after a year.  Could do with Flint and Cunningham moving on!

Well we signed England international Shorey who I thought was class when he joined, especially against Rovers.

It seems we just ruin defenders some how. Maybe thats why we get them on loan, they won't have long enough with us to turn awful!

Ball could have bounced anywhere after Williams's block. They got the rub of the green when it decided to land perfectly for their striker to place a shot in the top corner.

The problem is they had the ball before Williams block.

Cunningham wasn't at fault for their second, JET was meant to be picking up there winger and just continued to walk instead of tracking back with him

I disagree, surely Cunningham should of been marking the winger.

Why would someone who plays in the whole behind the CF be in and around his own box?

I disagree, surely Cunningham should of been marking the winger.

Why would someone who plays in the whole behind the CF be in and around his own box?

Because he came back to make a challenge, Cunningham moved across to make another and JET left the man he was given. I saw it happening and knew what was coming. 

I agree Jay shouldn't really be needed back there, but when you come back you can't be lazy and ignore the job at hand.

Because he came back to make a challenge, Cunningham moved across to make another and JET left the man he was given. I saw it happening and knew what was coming. 

I agree Jay shouldn't really be needed back there, but when you come back you can't be lazy and ignore the job at hand.

Cunningham moved into nowhere from the looks of the video, I couldn't make it last night but he looks so lost.

Flint done well to get close to the number 11, however surely it should of been Williams charging down? 

Still, 3 CBs should of picked up the man who made the last run to tap the ball in.

A little harsh to be critical of Cunningham as I thought overall he had a terrific game and was a constant outlet. It looks as if if his confidence to use his ability rather than immediately pass (as he has tended to do in a back four) is returning.  He constantly made himself available for the pass and brought the ball upfield and made some intelligent probing through balls.  Arguably for the goal he should have been tighter but he was defensively sound for most of the match and that deserves recognition given his more than decent forward play.

It was a difficult role and S'OD has confirmed it was a back five, so Cunningham's contribution to going forward shouldn't be underestimated as it's physically and mentally a tough position to get the balance right between defensive duties and offering an option going forward. Likewise Maloney did well and gave the team much needed width.

Cunningham moved into nowhere from the looks of the video, I couldn't make it last night but he looks so lost.

Flint done well to get close to the number 11, however surely it should of been Williams charging down? 

Still, 3 CBs should of picked up the man who made the last run to tap the ball in.

Just to clarify,

I was there.

You weren't.

You've seen 19 seconds of footage.

I saw 95 minutes.

JET was the man marking the winger at the time. He let him go.

Jesus, I didn't go on saturday and I wouldn't dare tell people what happened who were there...

Just to clarify,

I was there.

You weren't.

I saw 95 minutes.

Jesus, I didn't go on saturday and I wouldn't dare tell people what happened who were there...

Alright, christ is someone on their time of the month?

I'm only going from what I have seen, he does look lost in that video.

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a forum, I didn't say "you are wrong" I'm just saying Cunningham looks lost, which he does.

Alright, christ is someone on their time of the month?

I'm only going from what I have seen, he does look lost in that video.

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a forum, I didn't say "you are wrong" I'm just saying Cunningham looks lost, which he does.

Because in the move before the highlight starts he goes to the ball and makes a challenge of sorts. Jet covers him but then falls asleep leaving the winger free to run into the box.

Just to clarify,

I was there.

You weren't.

I saw 95 minutes.

You seem awfully angry over lots things today!!

I wasn't there. But judging by the video (and perhaps Jordan could confirm one way or another) it looks like Jet has dropped back to cover for Gillett who is further up field, Cunningham has tucked in and then JET has not kept following his man. However Cunningham seems very close to Williams with no LO player in sight - apart from the Odubajo (?) nipping in on goal,

So can someone, who had the benefit of seeing it fully, tell me where Cunningham had been? Had he just won a header and LO have collected and played it straight  back over his head or something to that affect? Just in the video there doesn't appear to be another LO player apart from Odubajo anywhere near Cunningham when the ball is played and it doesn't look like a quick LO move. 

Not trying to argue as I wasn't there. Just interested.

You seem awfully angry over lots things today!!

I wasn't there. But judging by the video (and perhaps Jordan could confirm one way or another) it looks like Jet has dropped back to cover for Gillett who is further up field, Cunningham has tucked in and then JET has not kept following his man. However Cunningham seems very close to Williams with no LO player in sight - apart from the Odubajo (?) nipping in on goal,

So can someone, who had the benefit of seeing it fully, tell me where Cunningham had been? Had he just won a header and LO have collected and played it straight back over his head or something to that affect? Just in the video there doesn't appear to be another LO player apart from Odubajo anywhere near Cunningham when the ball is played and it doesn't look like a quick LO move.

Not trying to argue as I wasn't there. Just interested.

From what I can remember JET tried to do a piece of skill out on the left wing, got tackled and the ball broke to one of their players, Cunningham then pressed their player then dropped back in as Gillett was also pressing, By that point JET had been filling in at LWB marking there winger, but failed to run with him and Cunningham wasn't quick enough to get back into position

From what I can remember JET tried to do a piece of skill out on the left wing, got tackled and the ball broke to one of their players, Cunningham then pressed their player then dropped back in as Gillett was also pressing, By that point JET had been filling in at LWB marking there winger, but failed to run with him and Cunningham wasn't quick enough to get back into position

Gotcha, thanks for that. There is only so much you tell from 19 seconds with no replays and I like to have a full picture before I cast any sort of judgement. Being stuck up in the north west means that I don't get that as often as I would like! 

On the money. Can't blame Cunningham for pressing, we stood off a bit too much last night.

Archived