IGNORED

Available Managers List - Who Would You Choose And Why?

Jesus

Him, Phelan and tisdale are the only ones I haven't started crying at the thought of.

I don't particularly want Dicanio, Cotterell or Warnock and certainly not Holloway but to be honest I really don't much care who it is as long as they save us from relegation at this particular point in time, people are throwing around nonsense they claim to be facts about SOD and the facts are I am surprised that anyone is surprised given his record with us, what he did at other clubs and what some people claim that he did behind the scenes are yet another smokescreen, staying in this cesspit of a division has to be the priority and the sad reality.

I don't particularly want Dicanio, Cotterell or Warnock and certainly not Holloway but to be honest I really don't much care who it is as long as they save us from relegation at this particular point in time, people are throwing around nonsense they claim to be facts about SOD and the facts are I am surprised that anyone is surprised given his record with us, what he did at other clubs and what some people claim that he did behind the scenes are yet another smokescreen, staying in this cesspit of a division has to be the priority and the sad reality.

I can't agree, the appointment has to be long term as well as short term. No way can we afford to go down the route of approaching it season by season again.

I don't know about surprised, Es. It's just the timing is odd, if they were gonna do it they should have done it months ago not after results started improving and performances too. (I say improving, not that they were perfect before some ass-hole makes that obvious point)

I can't agree, the appointment has to be long term as well as short term. No way can we afford to go down the route of approaching it season by season again.

I don't know about surprised, Es. It's just the timing is odd, if they were gonna do it they should have done it months ago not after results started improving and performances too. (I say improving, not that they were perfect before some ass-hole makes that obvious point)

I respect your disagreement, I just see it as the position we find ourselves in, the truth of the matter is somebody can come in here and become a fans hero by really turning it around on the pitch with results and performances that actually include wins.

One thing is for sure some of the tourettes tinged attacks coming mainly from the people who 'believed' that SOD would eventually get it right are not an argument or debate.

I respect your disagreement, I just see it as the position we find ourselves in, the truth of the matter is somebody can come in here and become a fans hero by really turning it around on the pitch with results and performances that actually include wins.

One thing is for sure some of the tourettes tinged attacks coming mainly from the people who 'believed' that SOD would eventually get it right are not an argument or debate.

Indeed, you're right though a lot of it is not helped by the gloating that some insist on. Perhaps it's more painful for those who were sold the idea of long term change, building something of our own rather than making the same mistakes? It feels like we've wasted a lot of energy in backing this club when so many haven't.

Thats easy......

Roberto Di Matteo or Gerard Houllier.......but who would be best,

there's only one way to find out.................

Yep, they'll be gagging to come to an impoverished Third Division club that's just sacked a highly-regarded manager,.

That's a new insult. Nice one, Es. Care to tell us who the new Messiah will be.

Indeed, you're right though a lot of it is not helped by the gloating that some insist on. Perhaps it's more painful for those who were sold the idea of long term change, building something of our own rather than making the same mistakes? It feels like we've wasted a lot of energy in backing this club when so many haven't.

JT SOD is not the only coach in the world that can carry on the background work that Millen, started, DMC improved and SOD added to.

JT SOD is not the only coach in the world that can carry on the background work that Millen, started, DMC improved and SOD added to.

I'd actually agree with that, but do you really think that's what we'll get? People are calling for Warnock or Di Canio, FFS :facepalm:

That's a new insult. Nice one, Es. Care to tell us who the new Messiah will be.

Not an insult at all, just look at the reply's and from what side of the fence from hence they come, as for your last sentence is that really the best you can offer up?, as long as he saves us from relegation in the very short term, which is a possibility believe it or not.

Blame the players, his players, blame his appalling record that is what ultimately cost him the sack, no one else, these are the facts.

One thing is clear.. the board better make a very decent appointment or they will feel the wrath. That is partly why some foreign coach such as Ole or an up and coming one from Spain or a man who has a very strong track record will need to be appointed. If not its going to be an uncomfortable time at the Gate for the board and they will fully deserve it because they have, yet again, royally messed up not least for sacking someone on emergency transfer deadline day.

I'd actually agree with that, but do you really think that's what we'll get? People are calling for Warnock or Di Canio, FFS :facepalm:

Well here's the thing and it's only my opinion here, I believe we need a bit of breathing space, I would personally go for Warnock ONLY until the end of the season, offer him crap wages but a nice bonus if he saves us (and that has to be the priority) and then with the rest of the overpaid deadwood gone make a more informed decision about a long term replacement then or see if Pemberton can do what Millen did but couldn't maintain, but not offer him the job at the end of the season, I am looking forward to see how he actually sets the team up for saturday, that will be a clue as to whether his ideas differed to SOD's.

The timing is perfect at least the new man will have one proper window to operate in, something SOD didn't have last season, now that was bad timing.

That is my opinion, cue the abuse, but relegation is one disaster to far.

Hoddle for me

Alan Brazil was speaking about him on the radio the other day, said he'd got his head back together (or words to that effect). I realise there are people out there who wouldn't have him near the place over his views on disabled people and karma and I respect that, but if anyone would buy into the ethos and bring the kids through I'm sure he would

I'm also sure he won't be interested

Hoddle for me

Alan Brazil was speaking about him on the radio the other day, said he'd got his head back together (or words to that effect). I realise there are people out there who wouldn't have him near the place over his views on disabled people and karma and I respect that, but if anyone would buy into the ethos and bring the kids through I'm sure he would

and me if we are going straight away for the long term appointment.

Hoddle for me

I'd have Hoddle here, and I fear you'd be right about lack of interest.

But there is probably a lack of interest from the majority of names suggested.

We're such a catch after all....

I'd be happy with Danny Wilson. TBH, I don't think even Tisdale would come here.

Don't particularly want Holloway, Appleton, Di Canio

what a strange list. Ian Branfoot has managed since the the mid 90s :laughcont:

Realistic choice would be Warnock but other than him id go for Uwe Rosler or....

I havent seen one bloke mentioned and doing VERY well at Coventry City

One Steven Pressley

Would either of the two managers, currently doing well at other L1 clubs, seriously be interested in a move here?

I personally don't think they would be.

It's obviously not the right time now, but I think in the future that Carlos Anton bloke who is managing the under 18's could be a potential manager for us. If the club really believes in the 5 pillars then when they decide to change managers of the first team, the obvious choice should be to recruit from within (ala Barcelona with Tito Vilanova). In a few years time he will be familiar with lots of our players having coached them at youth level (one of the pillars is developing our own talent through him), and he will understand the tactics that these players have been brought up on.

I think the board have sacked SOD at the wrong time. Unbeaten in 7 and in our last game, we outplayed the high fliers Leyton Orient and got a point. Shouldn't they have sacked him 7 games ago when we were without a win in 12 (I'm not including last seasons results)?

Edit: If I was in charge, SOD would still be manager but now the decision is made, I would go Tisdale.

It's obviously not the right time now, but I think in the future that Carlos Anton bloke who is managing the under 18's could be a potential manager for us. If the club really believes in the 5 pillars then when they decide to change managers of the first team, the obvious choice should be to recruit from within (ala Barcelona with Tito Vilanova). In a few years time he will be familiar with lots of our players having coached them at youth level (one of the pillars is developing our own talent through him), and he will understand the tactics that these players have been brought up on.

I think the board have sacked SOD at the wrong time. Unbeaten in 7 and in our last game, we outplayed the high fliers Leyton Orient and got a point. Shouldn't they have sacked him 7 games ago when we were without a win in 12 (I'm not including last seasons results)?

Edit: If I was in charge, SOD would still be manager but now the decision is made, I would go Tisdale.

Other than your concluding sentence, I agree with your view. Promotion from within is, I believe one of the principles upon which the 5 pillars are founded however, it's probably come too soon for Carlos on this occasion.

I'm not sure that Tisdale is the right choice although he may be OK. In truth, I don't know an awful lot about his managerial career. I know who I don't want: Warnock, Curle, Holloway, DiCanio, Danny Wilson or Cotterill but I'm far less sure who I will find acceptable.

Probably, the right answer is not a current or past manager but perhaps a current or recent number 2. Phelan was a good shout on another thread. We'll know in a week or so!

Archived