IGNORED

Manager Poll

Robin 101

Manager race  

439 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In JL's interview on YouTube today, when explaining what he'll look for in our next manager, the first word he used was "passion".

It's funny how we tend to lurch from one manager to another by looking for a trait that is the opposite to what annoyed us about the previous one.

Hence:

Danny Wilson: lived too far from Bristol and didn't develop the youth enough. Step in Brian Tinnion (local, used to coach the kids).

Steve Coppell: a bit unstable. Step in Keith Millen (no surprises with that chap).

Derek McInnes: no track record in the Championship. Step in Sean O'Driscoll (lots of experience with Doncaster, etc.).

Sean O'Driscoll: doesn't win many football matches and is not the most passionate raver at the party. Step in...

There is nothing remotely funny about what the Ghost's mouthpiece says; the only predictable things coming from him are the way, as you have alluded, in which he says one thing and means or does another or vice versa. Then goes from back to front and front to back as it fits the best way to try and come out of an interview with 'reputation' intact or so he thinks. His steep learning curve just went into a 1 in 4 Porlock Hill.

Interesting, if he's looking for a passionate manager then Holloway or Warnock jump off the page.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a done deal and, personally, I'm hoping for one of those two.

I've not had chance to listen to the interview but was there mention of Keith Burt? Although the role should be independent of the manager, he's a SOD man.

Are we looking for a head coach or manager I wonder - Warnock would expect to manage and do the whole recruitment bit I'd imagine.

Interesting, if he's looking for a passionate manager then Holloway or Warnock jump off the page.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a done deal and, personally, I'm hoping for one of those two.

I've not had chance to listen to the interview but was there mention of Keith Burt? Although the role should be independent of the manager, he's a SOD man.

Are we looking for a head coach or manager I wonder - Warnock would expect to manage and do the whole recruitment bit I'd imagine.

Not really, he was at Forest way before SOD and stayed there until they inexplicably sacked him.

And what has Mike Phelan done? oh yeah Assistant to a man who made ALL the decisions

He's coached some of the worlds best players, won a few trophies, can deal with the media, thorough knowledge of the game, successfully worked within a structured club. Certainly a lot more experience than most of the no-marks being listed by the bookies. My choice, 100%.

JL made it clear in the interview that nobody else (assistant or DOF, presumably) would be leaving.

What about that guy who is turning Aberdeen around. :shutup: . This is my problem I just can't see anyone beyond Tisdale or Cotterill in terms of the five pillars but really unsure they can bring about a quick change in results. A mate is working on the theory that carey may be given a chance but no way can I see that...........can I.

John Pemberton for me only because his interview was better than SOD's :P

Seriously would love Ole but not going to happen, short term NW or IH, have a feeling may be Tisdale.

Any one seen the rumour on the :gasmask: site apparently IH has just bought a house back in Bristol and was at AG as a "guest" on Saturday :blink: Any truth ? 

And what has Mike Phelan done? oh yeah Assistant to a man who made ALL the decisions

Really? You know this as fact and what goes on behind the scenes then?

Apart from coaching some on the best players in the world, as well as the top up and coming young talent in the country and of course being part of one of the most successful club sides ever, he's clearly done nothing....

Mind you SAF was always known for settling for second best wasn't he? I am sure Phelan was just simply tasked with collecting cones after training.

I see people are still 'living in cloud cuckoo land' to quote McInnes.

That list is so uninspiring. I would obviously have Ole but that's about as realistic as SoD being re-appointed. Phelan would be a great shout and I would have him here any day of the weak but again, very unlikely as he is being linked with the Norwich job.

Aside from that I would have to say 'Other' I'm afraid.

On a different forum, this was the reaction of a Hull fan about Nicky Barmby

'Barmby did a very good job for us, he turned to from Nigel Pearsons "watching paintdry" football to a decent attacking side, he'll be a cracking league 1 manager ... Not sure he'd move down south tho probs want something bit more closer to hull tbh'

The style of play would build on where S.O'D started and hopefully he could develop it further.

• Admin

My PC accidently made me vote for Alex McLeish but I DEFINITELY don't want him.

Phelan for me!

Fixed for you.

He's coached some of the worlds best players, won a few trophies, can deal with the media, thorough knowledge of the game, successfully worked within a structured club. Certainly a lot more experience than most of the no-marks being listed by the bookies. My choice, 100%.

And just like Joe Kinnear, he has Fergie's mobile number if he needs a bit of advice :)

Archived