IGNORED

Manager Poll

Robin 101

Manager race  

439 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And Bristol City would be a good place to prove it, but I fear the cost of bringing in not only Paolo but his backroom team as well makes it an impossible dream.

If the boat was pushed out and Paolo and his entourage were brought in I'd expect one of the greatest periods in Bristol City's history to commence.

And I do know plenty about the guy.

This is a Sunderland fan, still clinging on to bitterness and resentment, unable to move on from Cov 77, desparate to wreak havoc and righteous revenge on us for our, er, match-fixing (the players could have made themselves a tidy bonus that day), and probably on a Cov fan forum, destabilising them, too. Or, this is actually Paulo, or one of his "loco" backroom staff, desparately trying to engineer another job in English football somehow.

(Or, just a well-meaning Mackem, with our best interests at heart. Who knows?)

This is a Sunderland fan, still clinging on to bitterness and resentment, unable to move on from Cov 77, desparate to wreak havoc and righteous revenge on us for our, er, match-fixing (the players could have made themselves a tidy bonus that day), and probably on a Cov fan forum, destabilising them, too. Or, this is actually Paulo, or one of his "loco" backroom staff, desparately trying to engineer another job in English football somehow.

(Or, just a well-meaning Mackem, with our best interests at heart. Who knows?)

Actually Les it's strange that all the resentment for that infamous night is held against Coventry City and Jimmy Hill, no-one ever mentions Bristol City's part in it.

It is still mentioned frequently on our messageboard, where many take a certain pleasure in Coventry's current unenviable situation. I've never actually held any particular grudge against either team and didn't even mind Jimmy Hill, but that does make me a bit of an exception. Ofcourse that evening was a disgrace and a similar situation today would surely be handled differently; but then we always lose to Everton so the 2-0 scoreline was to be expected. Mind, Paolo broke the spell by beating The Toffees in his third match in charge here.

I'll be frank, it's seeing Di Canio get a chance to prove all his many, many critics wrong that motivates me. I believe he'd be wonderful for you, providing he was given time to get past the inevitable early tribulations, but I'd be just as happy if he worked his magic at Pompey. But having seen the fellow and what he was trying to do with Sunderland then were I a Bristol City supporter he'd be the one I wanted at my club. I have an old fashioned desire to see a fellow get an even break and that's something Paolo certainly didn't get with us. That really was the British press at its worst.

And Bristol City would be a good place to prove it, but I fear the cost of bringing in not only Paolo but his backroom team as well makes it an impossible dream.

If the boat was pushed out and Paolo and his entourage were brought in I'd expect one of the greatest periods in Bristol City's history to commence.

And I do know plenty about the guy.

No, you obviously don't.

Actually Les it's strange that all the resentment for that infamous night is held against Coventry City and Jimmy Hill, no-one ever mentions Bristol City's part in it.

It is still mentioned frequently on our messageboard, where many take a certain pleasure in Coventry's current unenviable situation. I've never actually held any particular grudge against either team and didn't even mind Jimmy Hill, but that does make me a bit of an exception. Ofcourse that evening was a disgrace and a similar situation today would surely be handled differently; but then we always lose to Everton so the 2-0 scoreline was to be expected. Mind, Paolo broke the spell by beating The Toffees in his third match in charge here.

I'll be frank, it's seeing Di Canio get a chance to prove all his many, many critics wrong that motivates me. I believe he'd be wonderful for you, providing he was given time to get past the inevitable early tribulations, but I'd be just as happy if he worked his magic at Pompey. But having seen the fellow and what he was trying to do with Sunderland then were I a Bristol City supporter he'd be the one I wanted at my club. I have an old fashioned desire to see a fellow get an even break and that's something Paolo certainly didn't get with us. That really was the British press at its worst.

So we're not even remembered for that! We are irrelevant. Sniff, sob. Must say, I'm glad that we are not thought of badly up there. Always wondered if what happened to us after (successive relegations, bankruptcy, etc) was some sort of karma. Then you remember that Cov won the cup ten years later. Jimmy Hill was a powerful figure, was he not?

If Paulo was to come here, he would need to get Mrs di C to wash his suits, as we are strapped and cutting back on anything. That's if he would be getting us scoring goals and winning games...

Interesting read on Ole Gunnar..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234013/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-secrets-success-Molde-manager.html

And from that article:- It seems inevitable Solskjaer will return to England at some point but judging by his attention to detail, any strings attached like interfering owners or directors of football seem more likely to push him away.

He has turned down Villa, Bolton and Blackburn in 2012. But now that Moyes is in place at Manure and has arguably reached a ceiling at Molde he may have to accept a position at a smaller team and use it as a stepping stone. We could do a lot worse than at least sound him out... He places a lot of emphasis on the right environment to raise his children. Factors such as these may suggest league status is not the be all and end all. Vamos a ver.

1.64% would like Steve Cotterill as manager on this forum. it may not be truly representational of all City fans but it is THE ONLY POLL out there and if this board appoint him they are TRULY not listening, are totally out of touch with the fan base and could not give a rats backside what anybody thinks.

And just consider... Jon Lansdown saying he wants attractive football to continue as a philosophy. Can anybody, please, tell me if Cotterill has been known for anything other than hoof ball? 

The board either need to listen and listen now or accept the fall out, again, for another ridiculous decision. All faith i had and i stayed true for the longest time in this board will have totally gone if they appoint this man and clearly i am joined by the vast majority on this forum. 

The list of potential candidates just confirms the quality of the board's decision making.

Exactly. This is not a planned transition in keeping with our new philosophy, but a collective loss of nerve at board level that has resulted in them deviating from their publicly declared intentions, despite all the corporate bull to the contrary about remaining committed to a long-term project.

Having taken a decision which was not given enough careful consideration, they now look around them at the consequences of their actions in the form of the list of available candidates and realise that there is not a single outstanding applicant with credentials that match the club's stated requirements. The manager/coach whose working style best fits the approach we claim to have adopted is, in fact, SOD. Having sacked the bloke best qualifed for the job, they're now faced with the inevitability of making an appointment that is almost bound to compromise their strategy to some extent, in the hope of some short term improvement in results.

The complete lack of enthusiasm from supporters for any of the potential new managers tells its own story. It is over thirty years since I last felt so thoroughly alarmed at the degree of ineptitude at board level. A sixth manager in three and a half years amounts to nothing less than a full-blown crisis. The board had better pray that whoever comes in can at least keep us in this league, because if we are relegated again there will be no doubt whatsoever where the responsibility lies and no hiding place for the culprits, not even for the invisible Mr. Dawe.  

I play football manager 2013 and have got bristol city promoted to the top division i'm now on 2016 just got pipped to 2nd in the league by Man Utd but i did win the Europa League beating Marseille 4-0 Lewandowski getting a hat trick. So i would love a crack at manager Bristol City many thanks Sam

I play football manager 2013 and have got bristol city promoted to the top division i'm now on 2016 just got pipped to 2nd in the league by Man Utd but i did win the Europa League beating Marseille 4-0 Lewandowski getting a hat trick. So i would love a crack at manager Bristol City many thanks Sam

Yes, but did you say BOO to a City supporter back in 1991 or did you call BCFC cheats back in 2001? In either case you're ineligible :(

As a cost cutting move and seeing as we are paying him anyway the board has decided to try Tinman again; while they put all the candidates in a hat and try and get lucky next time. :yes:

Jon like his father is already writing his "judge me on Tinman" speech as I type.

Archived