IGNORED

Manager Poll

Robin 101

Manager race  

439 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no way in hell ole will come to city. He's done brilliant in Norway and has turned down higher jobs. I know most fans here hate him but I would like holloway or if we are quick and beat Inverness we could get Paul Hartley. He's done an amazing job at Alloa. 2 successive promotions. Sitting in the Scottish championship play offs nearly. with a PART TIME team. He's the man we need to go for.

No, no no not again, didn't we learn from the last appointment from Scotland? No way can you gauge success in Scottish football, totally different from English leagues, can't afford to take another chance on a manager!

Unfortunately there are many City fans that want him and have very SHORT memory's........  :noexp:

And why not, the problem is? Move on, do you not want the best, passion, and to get back to winning ways at BCFC, I honestly believe if did a straw poll of people at A G, and not on the forum, a lot of people wouldn't mind Holloway in charge, all of the people I speak to at work would have no problem with this, and think it would be a good appointment.

If they are following their 5 pillars, and want someone who's job is basically to coach the first team,  the one on that list that stands out is Mike Phelan.  He did that for years at Man U.  If he would be interested, or if he would even think the ability of the squad here is worth dealing with is another question.

If they want to go back to a manager and a media friendly board  attention diverting entity, hell I guess Warnock will be their favourite!

• Admin

And why not, the problem is? Move on, do you not want the best, passion, and to get back to winning ways at BCFC, I honestly believe if did a straw poll of people at A G, and not on the forum, a lot of people wouldn't mind Holloway in charge, all of the people I speak to at work would have no problem with this, and think it would be a good appointment.

O'Driscoll being head coach led to fighting in the stands between the two factions 10 months into his time here. Do you want to predict how long it would be before the same happened if Ian "the only good City fan is one who's dead" Holloway was appointed?

It would probably also lead to 1000 bans being issued on here ;)

Someone made a good call on another thread

Gary John White (born 1974) is an English International football manager who is currently the head coach and technical director of the Guam Football Association. He has been hand selected as one of 16 coaches to be on a two-year elite coaching development license programme (The FA Level 5 Pro License) above the UEFA A license run by the FA in an attempt to boost the number of English Premier League coaches beyond the current amount of five.[2]

White is the former technical director of Washington Youth Soccer and the Seattle Sounders FC elite player development program. He was previously head coach of the national teams of the British Virgin Islands and Bahamas. He also served on both the coaching staff of the United States men's national team and the US Soccer player development task force. White signed a three-year endorsement contract with Lacoste in May 2012 and was named the company's Asian Pacific ambassador. White serves as a member of the EAFF technical study group (TSG) for FIFA international competitions with his most recent inclusion to analyze the 2013 East Asian Football Championships that include the men's national teams of Australia, Japan, China & South Korea.

Early lifeEdit

White was born in Southampton, England,[3] and had a successful youth playing career and was selected for both the Southampton City and Hampshire County representative teams and was a future prospect for the Southampton Football Club.[4]

Playing careerEdit

White signed for Fremantle City Soccer Club in the Western Australia State League in 1994, where he played two seasons for the club. Prior to signing for the Australian professional outfit, White played for Bognor Regis Town.

Managerial careerEdit

British Virgin Islands

White was the national technical director and national team head coach for the British Virgin Islands, where he had success during the 2000 CONCACAF Gold Cup qualification which resulted in the national team shooting up the FIFA World Rankings at 28 places. White is still one of the youngest ever national team coach when he took his role at 24, and was also one of the youngest ever coaches to compete in a FIFA World Cup qualification at 25.

Bahamas

White signed with the Bahamas in September 1999. Where he was National Team Coach and Technical Director. During his tenure with the Bahamas White moved the national team 55 places up the FIFA world ranking. Also as technical director White directed and oversaw all National Team Programs and National Staff Coaches in preparation for all FIFA and CONCACAF Competitions, including coaching education for the National coaches. White also designed and implemented a National Coaching Philosophy as part of the International teams and player development Strategy.

White coached and managed 65+ FIFA Certified International Matches and also during his time as manager the Bahamas was FIFA's highest mover in 2006.

In 2009 he left for the Seattle Sounders elite player development program.

Washington State Soccer and Seattle Sounders FC (EPD) Technical Director

During his time in Seattle White lead the daily technical operations for the Sounders FC Elite Player Development Program and Washington States coaching education initiatives. During White's time in Seattle the Washington State / Sounders FC Elite Player Development Program became a powerhouse in the Nation on and off the field and lead the country with there modern player & coaching development initiatives, which in the end forced US Youth Soccers ODP (Olympic Development Program) to modernize and become more elite. During White's tenure the Washington State / Sounders FC EPD program won eight (8) US Youth soccer championships in two (2) years, these were the first championships that Washington had won in over 15 barren years and made the program California South's biggest rival in the country. White was named to the US Soccer task force for National player development along with such names as Mia Hamm and Claudio Reyna.

Guam

On 1 February 2012, White was appointed as head coach of Guam and also serves as the federations technical director.[5]

Guam finished third during the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup qualification and they completed their group play with a resounding 3-0 victory over Chinese Taipei for the first time in history. In the current FIFA rankings, Guam whose nickname is the "Matao," now sits at 178th in the world. Since White took over in February 2012 Guam has moved up from 195th to their current FIFA ranking which is their highest placement to date.[6]

Due to the success of the Matao FIFA Futbol Mundial featured White and the progress of the Guam national football team in April 2013 (episode #137).

If Holloway was appointed, I would wish the club every success, but would not pay to watch them during his tenure. If city went on to conquer Europe, it would makeme immensely proud but I detest the bloke, his history and what he stands. Growing up following city n

In the 80s the rivalry meant to much to me and maybe that his lost on some of our younger or more vanilla fans.

Its a principle I will stick too and I would be letting myself down if I attended a game with him in charge.

I choose to draw the line there and would be a coward to cross.

I vehemently despise Bristol Rovers and despise Ian Holloway.

Someone made a good call on another thread

Gary John White (born 1974) is an English International football manager who is currently the head coach and technical director of the Guam Football Association. He has been hand selected as one of 16 coaches to be on a two-year elite coaching development license programme (The FA Level 5 Pro License) above the UEFA A license run by the FA in an attempt to boost the number of English Premier League coaches beyond the current amount of five.[2]

White is the former technical director of Washington Youth Soccer and the Seattle Sounders FC elite player development program. He was previously head coach of the national teams of the British Virgin Islands and Bahamas. He also served on both the coaching staff of the United States men's national team and the US Soccer player development task force. White signed a three-year endorsement contract with Lacoste in May 2012 and was named the company's Asian Pacific ambassador. White serves as a member of the EAFF technical study group (TSG) for FIFA international competitions with his most recent inclusion to analyze the 2013 East Asian Football Championships that include the men's national teams of Australia, Japan, China & South Korea.

Early lifeEdit

White was born in Southampton, England,[3] and had a successful youth playing career and was selected for both the Southampton City and Hampshire County representative teams and was a future prospect for the Southampton Football Club.[4]

Playing careerEdit

White signed for Fremantle City Soccer Club in the Western Australia State League in 1994, where he played two seasons for the club. Prior to signing for the Australian professional outfit, White played for Bognor Regis Town.

Managerial careerEdit

British Virgin Islands

White was the national technical director and national team head coach for the British Virgin Islands, where he had success during the 2000 CONCACAF Gold Cup qualification which resulted in the national team shooting up the FIFA World Rankings at 28 places. White is still one of the youngest ever national team coach when he took his role at 24, and was also one of the youngest ever coaches to compete in a FIFA World Cup qualification at 25.

Bahamas

White signed with the Bahamas in September 1999. Where he was National Team Coach and Technical Director. During his tenure with the Bahamas White moved the national team 55 places up the FIFA world ranking. Also as technical director White directed and oversaw all National Team Programs and National Staff Coaches in preparation for all FIFA and CONCACAF Competitions, including coaching education for the National coaches. White also designed and implemented a National Coaching Philosophy as part of the International teams and player development Strategy.

White coached and managed 65+ FIFA Certified International Matches and also during his time as manager the Bahamas was FIFA's highest mover in 2006.

In 2009 he left for the Seattle Sounders elite player development program.

Washington State Soccer and Seattle Sounders FC (EPD) Technical Director

During his time in Seattle White lead the daily technical operations for the Sounders FC Elite Player Development Program and Washington States coaching education initiatives. During White's time in Seattle the Washington State / Sounders FC Elite Player Development Program became a powerhouse in the Nation on and off the field and lead the country with there modern player & coaching development initiatives, which in the end forced US Youth Soccers ODP (Olympic Development Program) to modernize and become more elite. During White's tenure the Washington State / Sounders FC EPD program won eight (8) US Youth soccer championships in two (2) years, these were the first championships that Washington had won in over 15 barren years and made the program California South's biggest rival in the country. White was named to the US Soccer task force for National player development along with such names as Mia Hamm and Claudio Reyna.

Guam

On 1 February 2012, White was appointed as head coach of Guam and also serves as the federations technical director.[5]

Guam finished third during the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup qualification and they completed their group play with a resounding 3-0 victory over Chinese Taipei for the first time in history. In the current FIFA rankings, Guam whose nickname is the "Matao," now sits at 178th in the world. Since White took over in February 2012 Guam has moved up from 195th to their current FIFA ranking which is their highest placement to date.[6]

Due to the success of the Matao FIFA Futbol Mundial featured White and the progress of the Guam national football team in April 2013 (episode #137).

bbc view on Gary White

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20987248

• Admin

Ah it was you.. I couldn't find the post again do was unsure who posted it... Good find.

The Wiki is incorrect in one respect though. Andre Villas Boas remains the youngest International manager having led the British Virgin Islands at 21.

Out of that list di canio for me . Still has a lot to prove.

Can you elaborate?

Or were you just joking? If you ain't joking then you don't know much about the guy.

Noticed he has 18 votes. That'll confirm 18 clueless idiots on the forum.....

Sparing silly ass comments - no I didn't vote Di Canio.

O'Driscoll being head coach led to fighting in the stands between the two factions 10 months into his time here. Do you want to predict how long it would be before the same happened if Ian "the only good City fan is one who's dead" Holloway was appointed?

It would probably also lead to 1000 bans being issued on here ;)

This don't matter..... he didn't really mean it.... he was young.... it was rivalry.... he would bring success...... we should all move on.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVuS6IaA2Zo

People have seriously short memories........ Tony Pulis wouldn't be forgiven....... But Holloway would...........

Holloway is a :gasmask: head, always has been and always will be....... once infected ALWAYS infected. 

CTID!

Out of that list di canio for me . Still has a lot to prove.

And Bristol City would be a good place to prove it, but I fear the cost of bringing in not only Paolo but his backroom team as well makes it an impossible dream.

If the boat was pushed out and Paolo and his entourage were brought in I'd expect one of the greatest periods in Bristol City's history to commence.

And I do know plenty about the guy.

Phelan would be nice but i would like Warnock at least we would not have to listen to post match waffle which sent us all to sleep.

As for Hollowhead nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You think Warnock doesn't indulge in post match waffle?

You'd prefer post match excuse making, referee blaming and general whinging. From an odious little man.

Archived