IGNORED

If Not "him", Then Who ?

slartibartfast

So much negativity about who "we" don't want (re Cotterill,Skelletor, Colin) then who would you WANT ?

Realistics please, no Wengers or Special Ones .

Not sure if this is realistic or not.  As we want a head coach, who's sole responsibility is to train and make the first team tactically aware, I would like Mike Phelan.  That was his job under AF for years.  He probably wouldn't be interested, but you never know

But not knowing his personality, and the fact in these roles as a coach you are pally with the players usually, I am never so sure how well that goes when it is your responsibility to pick the team.

The title head coach does not sit well with me, because you do more than that.

if Hoddle was available and interested (again maybe maybe not realistic,I would like him.  Yes he went off on one with his beliefs, but I do think he is a cracking coach/manager.  Likewise probablly not interested

Phelan will go to a Premier League club (rumoured to be Norwich if Houghton goes), or a Championship club at least. We are League One relagation material at the moment, is it a case of beggars can't be choosers?

Quite likely, but if you don't ask you don't get

It seems to me that over recent seasons  fans don't want who ever has been the current City manager.

Perhaps some need to learn that the grass is not always greener.........?

• Admin

Phelan will go to a Premier League club (rumoured to be Norwich if Houghton goes), or a Championship club at least. We are League One relagation material at the moment, is it a case of beggars can't be choosers?

He said in an interview with Setanta Sports in Ireland last week that he's not too proud to field offers from club's below the Championship, he just keen to get his managerial career started.

It seems to me that over recent seasons fans don't want who ever has been the current City manager.

Perhaps some need to learn that the grass is not always greener.........?

I think this is the first time we've sacked a manager when the OTIB polls have continually chosen the option of giving him more time. I'm obviously not saying that OTIB is the fount of all wisdom, far from it.

However, given that OTIB tends to be more critical than the general fan base, that suggests that a lot of people will be very unhappy.

I think this is the first time we've sacked a manager when the OTIB polls have continually chosen the option of giving him more time. I'm obviously not saying that OTIB is the fount of all wisdom, far from it.

However, given that OTIB tends to be more critical than the general fan base, that suggests that a lot of people will be very unhappy.

Splitter....... as in the best 'Python' manor :)

The list of available managers is truly shocking - that's probably why they are available.

I'd suggest that someone like Tisdale is the most likely to continue with the long term strategy, but I suppose if I had a choice of the available list, I'd take a punt on Hoddle.

• Admin

The list of available managers is truly shocking - that's probably why they are available.

I'd suggest that someone like Tisdale is the most likely to continue with the long term strategy, but I suppose if I had a choice of the available list, I'd take a punt on Hoddle.

With Hoddle I'd fear another Coppell situation. I'm not against him for his ability but he's been out of the game some time and I think our board would be a culture shock to him.

With Hoddle I'd fear another Coppell situation. I'm not against him for his ability but he's been out of the game some time and I think our board would be a culture shock to him.

Granted, he has been out of management for a while, but he's been active within the game itself.  I'm sure he's moved with the times in regard to his Academy, so he won't be all about old school methods, but will have developed himself as a coach over the years.

You're right though, sadly our board wouldn't be able to work with him!

Archived