IGNORED

Anti-Holloway Songs Today

Flaxbourton Red

Oh come on, what are you talking about, of course he's different to the others you listed.

They haven't spent their lives bad mouthing our club and playing up to the Gas at every opportunity.

If you can't see how destructive it would be to have him at our club, then thank god you aren't the one making the decisions on who to appoint.

Indeed. Let us be grateful that those making the decision are so competent and well-informed and quite capable of passing on the decisions of the exiled emperor.

Ah is this the same holloway who verbally assualted a 8 year old boy having a meal with his parents in a restaurant for daring to talk to his grandad about city's game that day.

is this the same Ian Holloway that said the only good city fan is a dead city fan, then when introduced to a city fan told them to **** off i am not shaking scums hand.

I can go on with a couple of other examples.  But I think you may get my drift why this bloke is dirt and should not be anywhere near this club.

Get over it - all anti holloway fans keep going with your threads within this topic - have fun (and for all others who see the bigger picture lets not reply to it - why bother debating with small minded fans) - he may not be appointed which is fine by me but he has the best c.v for the job at this time. It is a minority speaking on here and pretty sad!

I think you will find Flax that most of us respect Mr Holloway as a bristolian and his recent record as a manager. Yes we all hated the man whilst in a blue and white quarter shirt and we know he is a gashead (did you attend those games ?) but he is no different to John Ward, Marcus Stewart, Terry Cooper etc etc etc who have worked professionally for both clubs. Are you still 17 ?

Respect him for walking away from Plymouth after all that bullshit he came out with? Leaving palace well and truely in the mire? He is a media whore and a rabid gas head.

Oh come on, what are you talking about, of course he's different to the others you listed.

They haven't spent their lives bad mouthing our club and playing up to the Gas at every opportunity.

If you can't see how destructive it would be to have him at our club, then thank god you aren't the one making the decisions on who to appoint.

I wish i was making the appointment. In his 1st press conference he would deal with the "gas and city hatred subject and his own experiences as a rovers fan and player" - then he would carry out his job for his employer with passion and as a bristolian would want the best for bristol. Last post - cant be arsed to speak with small minded nonsense ! 

Get over it - all anti holloway fans keep going with your threads within this topic - have fun (and for all others who see the bigger picture lets not reply to it - why bother debating with small minded fans) - he may not be appointed which is fine by me but he has the best c.v for the job at this time. It is a minority speaking on here and pretty sad!

Ah yes get over it,no thanks he is dirt! and you pontificating about such dirt being a great manger is fine, you are welcome to him, I am just so happy that he will never be the manager of this club.

Looking at his record, as pointed out by many, he isn't so great, and has a very dubious honesty record as well.  But if that is the type of manager you want because he has equal promotions to relegations (which somehow makes him a great manger) fair dos, no accounting for taste I guess.

I wish i was making the appointment. In his 1st press conference he would deal with the "gas and city hatred subject and his own experiences as a rovers fan and player" - then he would carry out his job for his employer with passion and as a bristolian would want the best for bristol. Last post - cant be arsed to speak with small minded nonsense ! 

And this is not small minded nonsense, this is my personal experience of the bloke, not hearsay from others.

You can base you opinion on your personal interactions with the bloke,and I will base my opinion  on personal interactions with the bloke.

If you are basing yours purely on what appears in the media, then you really have no opinion at all.

All right then, just explain to us "small minded fans".

What can this football genius Hollowhead bring to the table, that umpteen other managers without the associated baggage couldn't do?  

I've yet to see one good reason why we would even contemplate employing this odious prat and therefore alienating a huge number of our fanbase in the process.  

Don't you ever see a situation when there is too high a price to pay?? 

Ah is this the same holloway who verbally assualted a 8 year old boy having a meal with his parents in a restaurant for daring to talk to his grandad about city's game that day.

is this the same Ian Holloway that said the only good city fan is a dead city fan, then when introduced to a city fan told them to **** off i am not shaking scums hand.

I can go on with a couple of other examples.  But I think you may get my drift why this bloke is dirt and should not be anywhere near this club.

Do you have categorical evidence of this? Or was it just plain old hear say?

TRL - where and when did this happen?

Well I was going to answer this  but the comment above has certainly stopped that from happening I am afraid Nick.  I can just imagine the torrent that will come next if go into more detail.

I am the one he said it to, doesn't get any more categorical than that.

I can also safely say that my personal experiences with Holloway have been negative, abusive and quite frankly downright out of order.

I was also a young boy who was verbally abused by this odious maggot for doing nothing but wearing a City shirt.  I don't care that this was 25+ years ago, I can never have any respect for this maggot.

I honestly don't understand the love-in for him.  He is PURE UNADULTERATED GAS.  If he EVER got the job here, I wouldn't be seen at the ground until he, and every person involved in his appointment, had left.  And trust me, I'm not alone on that - and it's not a minority opinion (at least not amongst the hundreds of City fans I know).

I can also safely say that my personal experiences with Holloway have been negative, abusive and quite frankly downright out of order.

I was also a young boy who was verbally abused by this odious maggot for doing nothing but wearing a City shirt.  I don't care that this was 25+ years ago, I can never have any respect for this maggot.

I honestly don't understand the love-in for him.  He is PURE UNADULTERATED GAS.  If he EVER got the job here, I wouldn't be seen at the ground until he, and every person involved in his appointment, had left.  And trust me, I'm not alone on that - and it's not a minority opinion (at least not amongst the hundreds of City fans I know).

Aye, I think the ones that seem to want to love him and welcome him in with open arms, really do not have a clue to his real persona

With you 100% and I can also speak for quite a few people who I have discussed this potential appointment with. (Not that I think for a second it could happen).

I'm sorry if my comment offended you TRL. I have removed it because you obviously do feel offended & i am sorry.

I am not offended per se, you don't know me.  But I can see my opinion of Holloway winds you up enough to make that comment.  So to go further into details seems pointless.  because the next question will be prove it, then we only have your word for it etc etc.  So I am not going to waste my time defending my position as people will choose not to believe me anyway. 

Edit if you want to put it backup feel free. That is your opinion, stick to it.

I wish i was making the appointment. In his 1st press conference he would deal with the "gas and city hatred subject and his own experiences as a rovers fan and player" - then he would carry out his job for his employer with passion and as a bristolian would want the best for bristol. Last post - cant be arsed to speak with small minded nonsense !

While your talking about "small mined nonsense", you could then get your mate Holloway to talk about why he will never wear the colour red.

TRL - My experiances with Holloway has obviously been 100% different to yours. But he is a good enough manager to take 2 different teams up via the championship play-offs in to the Premiership. He has the balls to say it how it is in football. No this nation is not producing enough for the national team ect. He loves Bristol sport. The City of Bristol is dragging it's heels in sport.

Well said that man.

Me thinks the Holloway thing is the preserve of those less than maybe 35 who don't remember him as a player and don't remember how intense the rivalry was then. 

Luckily he would never take the job if offered it.  He understands what City fans think of him.

Archived