IGNORED

If Holloway Were Appointed....

Ian M

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

I've tried to cover all bases to reflect the range of views here.

This is a public poll so everyone will know how you voted (& see obvious Gas posters pretending/wishing to be City fans)

I appreciate this may not be entirely representative of the City fan base at large but it will be entirely representative of those who answer the poll and gives an idea of how the fan base at large might react.

I would support him wholeheartedly because, in my view, that is what supporting your team is all about. Even if i did not want him as manager i would support him while he is. I would have thought that was blatantly obvious but clearly not for some.

I only see perhaps 3 names on the POLL of what manager do you want to manage BCFC.. I voted for Ole Gunnar but would be reasonably happy with Mike Phelan and Holloway. 

I could not give a rats backside what Holloway may have said in the past; he is a far more mature and experienced individual today who has taken unfashionable teams into the Prem and I don't care if they have gone down again; most of them do chaps.

I dispair the thought of Cotterill because he has absolutely nothing to do with good passing football which would make this board look very hypocritical, Appleton is just a numbskull idea and Tisdale is a younger version of O'Driscoll and too young at that for such a pivotal moment in the club's history.. i.e. no sense based on the boards reasoning.

Take away the Gas connection and Holloway, in fact, is probably the best choice. Whether the club considers they can reconcile that and whether the guy wants the job is another matter entirely. That is why, all things considered, I voted for Ole Gunnar. And why would he not come here? He would be an inspirational appointment and BCFC would be the perfect stepping stone to replace Moyes in 5 years time when, I might add, Lee Johnson's stock may have risen significantly.

Not attending because of who the manager is, damn there are some sad people about.

Not quite sure what's so sad about this really, but as there is no place to put it on this poll, I thought I'd give my reasons.

I support the CLUB, BCFC ....... not necessarily the players or even the manager, but BCFC and its history.  

If the CLUB appointed that ****, then this would be showing the biggest disrespect to this club that I can remember in my 50 years of supporting BCFC.  If he was here, this just wouldn't be the club I had supported all those years and I would not set foot back in the ground until he was gone.  That's really is how strongly I personally feel about this.

This isn't just anti Gas, as I've got plenty of respect for ex gas like Brian Williams, John Ward etc, who have come here and given the club great service.  The difference is, they've been professional and haven't pinned their anti-City colours to the mast and made never ending inflammatory comments like H*lloway has done.  

He's gone way beyond local rivalry and in my book, that's why he should NEVER be welcomed to this club in any shape or form.

It hurts to see the mess the club has now got itself into, but I can forgive the mistakes that have got us into this state.  I would NEVER forgive the board if they brought that odious individual to this club!

If that still seems sad to some then so be it, but IMHO anyone contemplating having that prat here really needs to look at how much THEY care about what BCFC stands for!

It's very strange that most people on here hate the prospect of Holloway being the next manager, when majority I have asked said he would be their first choice!

Assuming he were appointed and we went on an amazing run and ended up in the play offs, would the haters still continue to stay away?

It's very strange that most people on here hate the prospect of Holloway being the next manager, when majority I have asked said he would be their first choice!

Assuming he were appointed and we went on an amazing run and ended up in the play offs, would the haters still continue to stay away?

This one certainly would!!!

Yes he is a complete and utter ***********************

It would be the same as making us play in blue and calling us the Bristol city blubirds.

Would prefer to follow fc city of bristol if holloway was ever made city manager.season tickets would take a massive hit as well if he was around next season.been managerial appointments that have worked out badly but a holloway appoitment would be absolutely insane and a certain failure imho.

Or you could spin it a different way and say he is the third favourite choice on the Poll.

The funniest thing about all the "I wouldnt go if Holloway was appointed all the things he said about us..blah,blah" is that these are most likely the same people who want Warnock in despite him saying all sorts of things about us before!!I for one will support whoever they appoint as i did SOD and anybody else who has been or is in charge,i support Bristol City not who is in charge!!

The funniest thing about all the "I wouldnt go if Holloway was appointed all the things he said about us..blah,blah" is that these are most likely the same people who want Warnock in despite him saying all sorts of things about us before!!I for one will support whoever they appoint as i did SOD and anybody else who has been or is in charge,i support Bristol City not who is in charge!!

WTGR, Warnock doesn't have the undeniable gas / anti City links that Hollywood does. I would guess there haven't been many opponents that haven't been on the receiving end of a Warnock rant over the years too.

Mr Warnock has also says he likes us as a club before. Warnock gives out a whole load of negatvity against most clubs he plays against. It is his way of deflecting anything bad from his players. The one thing he isnt is a nasty bitter **** away from football that despises a club because of where he came from. He also if I remember rightly got clumped by a brain dead dick at AG once. You don't get him acting like Holloway.

Away from football. Warnock is a nice bloke, not a bitter and twisted arse that compartmentlises fans due to his hatred of a club.

Completely different people.

Don't think it's funny at all really.  

From a personal point of view, there are some managers I'd like to see at City and others I definitely wouldn't, but I would support whichever one was appointed, as I only want the best for our club ............... with the single exception of H*lloway, who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near BCFC.

One thing missing from this poll is the age of the posters, because I wouldn't mind betting most of the anti-H*lloway posters of of the older generation, who've been around long enough to see that **** in action while at the gas.

Archived