IGNORED

If Holloway Were Appointed....

Ian M

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sadly, I think people today want something very different than we did back then PB.

In the old days, football seemed more like a religion and the most important thing was to support your club. Now it seems the only thing that counts is results, and anything goes in the pursuit of that, which is why I think football is slowly destroying itself.

Thankfully there are some younger fans who seem to grasp this point, but sadly there seem to be many who can't or don't want to.

Unfortunately I think football as we knew it 20 years ago is already dead, and there are many people who will never experience the buzz we used to enjoy at the match.

Very true, we were as one back then.We stuck together as a fan base,I had my best times following City home and away, even though we were pretty shat on the pitch!!

Even in the old 4th division it was good,AG was a horrible place for the opposition most of the time.

A win was a bonus, not something we expected!

• Admin

Has Ian Holloway indicated by word or gesture that he would be remotely interested in the job?

It's a hypothetical. A situation to discuss what would you do if it did happen?

But I've been reliably informed today that he is nowhere near being the preferred candidate anyway.

How could I support my club if he managed us,I despise him.

It wouldn't be Bristol City to me anymore.

He hates us,as much as I hate him, so it won't happen.

Absolutely agree.

Posters on here go on about Cardiff losing their Soul.

Well, City will lose their Soul if they give it to that joker.

I also despise him.

It's a shame that Bin Laden bloke got killed...

...he was one hell of a leader...

...FFS.

well I pity you, you 'sad person'.

Let's employ the NIMBY'S to take jual management, they have City's best interests at heart and have a good track record of sucess.

Hang on, that would make us 'sad people'.

Count me in as well, I feel exactly the same.

It's an entirely different fan base than 20+ years ago.i would rather go back to how we were then.

AG was a tough place to come to back then,now( 90% of the time) it's like a cricket crowd .

Safe standing at the 'new' AG or the new AV might help turn the tide back a tad.

Don't think it's funny at all really.

From a personal point of view, there are some managers I'd like to see at City and others I definitely wouldn't, but I would support whichever one was appointed, as I only want the best for our club ............... with the single exception of H*lloway, who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near BCFC.

One thing missing from this poll is the age of the posters, because I wouldn't mind betting most of the anti-H*lloway posters of of the older generation, who've been around long enough to see that **** in action while at the gas.

well im old enough to have seen ALL his derbies and heard all his commemts about us,i also remember him saying how disgusted he was with gas fans when they chanted during a minutes silence during a game against us(louis donowa)game,saying he was ashamed.he has Also said nice things about us in the last few years and who says he isn't a nice bloke away from football.if he is best for the club bring him and get over it!!

Most managers would get my support to get it right, Holloway would have to prove himself.

Biggest concern for me would be, if he was to take the job, we all know he'd pull some media stunt following his departure as an apology to the Rovers fans.

Once again, another on based on the big if; I would respect him more if he came in and said he doesn't like the fact he's working for Bristol City, but a job's a job and it's in his best interests to take the club forward for how this reflects on him and his career.

Can't see him getting the job, not sure he's ever rescued a team from relegation; avoided it yes but we're in the sh*t and teams walk in to Ashton Gate rubbing their hands together these days - kamikazee attacking football wouldn't change that

Let's say he's a **** then. I don't mind if he is successful. We've got a **** for a prime minister and every one before him.

If its simply down to his Rovers connection, well, I used to go out with a gashead who's Dad played for them. I got over that.

With Holloway being a grown man I find it hard to believe he still feels as he did. How can anyone with some semblance of common sense hate (in the truest sense of the word) opposing clubs or fans.

Dislike, yes? Hatred should be reserved for the things that really matter. Football isn't one of them.

What a sensible post.  WTF are you doing be rational on here?????

I'd wager that if all of us sat down and had a beer with Holloway on our own we'd find him as nice as the next bloke.

I have met him - albeit briefly - and he seemed a perfectly nice bloke.  Which is, frankly, immaterial.  I want what's best for the club.  I don't care if he's an ar53hole, a Gashead, whatever - I want a good, intelligent manager who can help the club develop, rescue us from the mire and move us forward.

PS that doesn't mean I want Di Canio, too much ego going on there.

Archived