IGNORED

If Holloway Were Appointed....

Ian M

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's getting boring now.

I'd wager that if all of us sat down and had a beer with Holloway on our own we'd find him as nice as the next bloke. Certainly nicer than many so called fans who like a bit of fisty cuffs yet wear our colours.

Do you want a bet on that. You would lose. Unless he has changed the habits of a lifetime in the last 6 months.

He is one of the few people I would happily use the C word to.

Do you want a bet on that. You would lose. Unless he has changed the habits of a lifetime in the last 6 months.

He is one of the few people I would happily use the C word to.

Of course it's entirely hypothetical.

Maybe in my advancing years I find it easier to get on with people than others do.

Nothing to do with getting on. Every time I have been in his vicinity, I haven't even been chatting to the bloke to get his bile. I have merrily been having conversations with others when he has butted in from nowhere.

Let's say he's a **** then. I don't mind if he is successful. We've got a **** for a prime minister and every one before him.

If its simply down to his Rovers connection, well, I used to go out with a gashead who's Dad played for them. I got over that.

With Holloway being a grown man I find it hard to believe he still feels as he did. How can anyone with some semblance of common sense hate (in the truest sense of the word) opposing clubs or fans.

Dislike, yes? Hatred should be reserved for the things that really matter. Football isn't one of them.

wow, these results are ******* disgraceful.

They are. I am assuming... hopefully this is from the younger generation, which I know you are a member (sounds like you have some morals)

But if these are the kind of people that are the future of Bristol City, people who accept this kind of thing, god help us. I don't think I want to be part of a fanbase that sells out like that.

Let's say he's a **** then. I don't mind if he is successful. We've got a **** for a prime minister and every one before him.

If its simply down to his Rovers connection, well, I used to go out with a gashead who's Dad played for them. I got over that.

A leg over that, you mean?

Not the same. You never hear me bashing Ward, Stewart or Beadle. Hey I never like Purnell Meyhew etc etc, but these guys I could put up with. Hey I may even have been able to put up with Alexander (that maybe pushing it :) )

But this waste of Bristolian Flesh, now way. Nasty arse.

The guy is exhausted, he has all but given up in his last 2 jobs, so why appoint someone who has lost the will to fight... He needs a holiday/break not a job at a club where a large % of the fans hate him ( get on his back before he even walks in the door)....

Bad idea...

Maybe I should take a look at myself as I was around when Holloway spouted all that crap.

If Holloway found the cure for cancer it sounds like many of you would turn down treatment.

Each to their own.

I'd prefer he didn't come here, but it wouldn't be the end of civilisation as we know it.

Not the same. You never hear me bashing Ward, Stewart or Beadle. Hey I never like Purnell Meyhew etc etc, but these guys I could put up with. Hey I may even have been able to put up with Alexander (that maybe pushing it :) )

But this waste of Bristolian Flesh, now way. Nasty arse.

You've obviously had a bad experience with Holloway (you've already told us BTW!). I've met him a few times and he's always been reasonably happy to talk about football and City.

You say about Purnell, Mehew etc. I've met them both, and other ex gas players, on a few occasions when I played cricket and they're ok as well. Penrice was a bit of a sack though!

I guess it's just about your experiences when you meet them. Vaughan Jones was one of the funniest guys I ever met.

They are. I am assuming... hopefully this is from the younger generation, which I know you are a member (sounds like you have some morals)

But if these are the kind of people that are the future of Bristol City, people who accept this kind of thing, god help us. I don't think I want to be part of a fanbase that sells out like that.

Count me in too.  

What really bothers me is, though I'm feeling more and more distanced from this club, there are times I feel even further away from our supporters.  There used to be a time we were all as one, but this poll is making me think we have never been more divided than we are at present.

Maybe time is a healer, but in the case of hollowhead, once a ****, always a ****.  

Can you imagine him even being contemplated as manager by any of our fans 10 or 15 years ago?  :facepalm:

Maybe I should take a look at myself as I was around when Holloway spouted all that crap.

If Holloway found the cure for cancer it sounds like many of you would turn down treatment.

Each to their own.

I'd prefer he didn't come here, but it wouldn't be the end of civilisation as we know it.

If Holloway found the cure for cancer, he would double the price for city fans.

And as I have pointed out. It is not just what he spouted when he was younger. It is the personal stuff he says to city fans out of the glare of the media. He has not changed.

I hope you get to meet him, msybe he csn persuade you to change your way of thinking!

If Holloway found the cure for cancer, he would double the price for city fans.

And as I have pointed out. It is not just what he spouted when he was younger. It is the personal stuff he says to city fans out of the glare of the media. He has not changed.

I hope you get to meet him, msybe he csn persuade you to change your way of thinking!

Fair enough. I've not met him. Would be happy to and report back.

You've obviously had a bad experience with Holloway (you've already told us BTW!). I've met him a few times and he's always been reasonably happy to talk about football and City.

You say about Purnell, Mehew etc. I've met them both, and other ex gas players, on a few occasions when I played cricket and they're ok as well. Penrice was a bit of a sack though!

I guess it's just about your experiences when you meet them. Vaughan Jones was one of the funniest guys I ever met.

Oh I have met most of those players over time. Some nice blokes. Agree Vaughan Jones is sound as a pound, up there with Kevin Nugent as the nicest blokes I have met from City or Rovers.

I've tried to cover all bases to reflect the range of views here.

This is a public poll so everyone will know how you voted (& see obvious Gas posters pretending/wishing to be City fans)

I appreciate this may not be entirely representative of the City fan base at large but it will be entirely representative of those who answer the poll and gives an idea of how the fan base at large might react.

I think there should be an option to vote 'I'll still attend, but only because I have a season ticket already and not letting it go to waste, what happens next season is a different matter'?

Count me in too.

What really bothers me is, though I'm feeling more and more distanced from this club, there are times I feel even further away from our supporters. There used to be a time we were all as one, but this poll is making me think we have never been more divided than we are at present.

Maybe time is a healer, but in the case of hollowhead, once a ****, always a ****.

Can you imagine him even being contemplated as manager by any of our fans 10 or 15 years ago? :facepalm:

Count me in as well, I feel exactly the same.

It's an entirely different fan base than 20+ years ago.i would rather go back to how we were then.

AG was a tough place to come to back then,now( 90% of the time) it's like a cricket crowd .

It's an entirely different fan base than 20+ years ago.i would rather go back to how we were then.

AG was a tough place to come to back then,now( 90% of the time) it's like a cricket crowd .

I know what you mean. I don't even recall a single conversation about stewards then.

seems to me

Fans would sooner have a manager they love,but who ends up doing nothing

Than have a manager they hate but who brings success to the club!!!

Sorry no offence intended, but that sounds like the plastic option to me.  

What's the point of success if you've got to sell out to get it?  That really doesn't seem all that much different from what's happened at Cardiff tbh!

What's the point of success if you've got to sell out to get it? That really doesn't seem all that much different from what's happened at Cardiff tbh!

It is plastic and it is pointless as there are no guarantees he will bring success. Ask over half of his previous employers.

seems to me

Fans would sooner have a manager they love,but who ends up doing nothing

Than have a manager they hate but who brings success to the club!!!

Firstly,why does anyone think we would get any succes??, anyway, I will go along with your point and say it wouldn't be OUR success,

it would be Ian Holloway from the hated Gas's success.

Let's have Ian Alexander as a defence coach,Devon White as heading coach, Gerry Francis could be director of Football.

In fact why not change our name to Rovers while we are at it.

Edit, bit of a rant from me! No offence intended :)just finding it hard at the moment to contemplate Holloway any where near my club.

What's the point of success if you've got to sell out to get it?  That really doesn't seem all that much different from what's happened at Cardiff tbh!

Getting a manager in that some fans hate

is nothing like what has happened to Cardiff.

What happens if the club signs a player a fan hates? Do they stay away

Sadly, I think people today want something very different than we did back then PB.  

In the old days, football seemed more like a religion and the most important thing was to support your club.  Now it seems the only thing that counts is results, and anything goes in the pursuit of that, which is why I think football is slowly destroying itself.

Thankfully there are some younger fans who seem to grasp this point, but sadly there seem to be many who can't or don't want to. 

Unfortunately I think football as we knew it 20 years ago is already dead, and there are many people who will never experience the buzz we used to enjoy at the match.

I don't think Holloway should be appointed because he has an average record as a manager, and he's clearly not up for it any more. He took a Palace team that were storming the division and almost screwed up their promotion. He took a Blackpool team up, but failed to build on momentum and got them relegated straight away. He did ok at Plymouth, left them in November and got Leicester relegated into league one. He failed to get a good Rovers team with Marcus Stewart leading the line promoted.

The fact that he's a gashead is relevant in that I think fans will turn on him if he doesn't sort us out. But my main issue is that I see little sign, generally but also in particular based on his last couple of jobs, that he'd sort us out.

Bad manager? No. Overrated manager? Yes.

It is plastic and it is pointless as there are no guarantees he will bring success. Ask over half of his previous employers.

Exactly!

Anyone would think he was a nailed on to achieve success for us, but some people are still willing to give that numbskull a go, just in case he could come up with the goods!

Archived