IGNORED

The Board Want..........

Bcfc24

There will be 30% back who left due to SoDs football, so losing 30% due to Holloway will work out evens.

Can't see it happening myself due to the history. 

With conspiracy theories abounding here's my shot in the dark.

Howsabout, a Holloway appointment to help the blue few accept a Bristol United? Agents Ward and Clarkson seem to be working well on the 'show them the door to oblivion' part of the strategy. Trashuwe, or whatever they call themselves, have a good blocking manoeuvre in. Could this be part of the 'grand plan'?

Nurse, more tablets please.  

All part of The Plan

Bristol Sport Ltd is the vehicle to bring all sports - football, rugby, aspiring F1 drivers etc,in the greater Bristol area under one umbrella.

By having Holloway as BCFC manager, the plan will then get the Sags out of the league (getting close to that position already) so they will be more  prepared to accept a Bristol United team with Holloway in charge. Refurbishment of Ashton Gate and the proposed UWE stadium will not happen, a new stadium located (?) within the city will amalgamate both teams as Bristol United.  

Gas directors can chuck in their few coppers into SL's kitty to at least pay for some decent pies and refreshments? 

Result is bigger crowds and less costs so more revenue.

If this happens I will never again step foot in Ashton gate whilst he is in charge. He is gas through and through, what is wrong with some of our fan base?? Am I just old fashioned or even out of touch? I detest rovers with a passion, can you even imagine what the blue few would be like if we went down!!!

What on earth could make you hate rovers with a passion?? We have always been a bigger club than rovers so what is it that eats away at you so much .. Just asking.i grew up in rovers land (horfield) but supported city all my life ,i went to school in rovers land none of my rovers friends were hostile to me we just had lots of banter ,i didnt have any reason to hate them and certainly not as strongly as you seem too.is local rivalry all it is ???

2000? Hardly.

More may even turn up to give him a pantomimes welcome.

A great chance he'd do well with us and I'd like him here to spice it up a bit.... If he wants to come along.

The same few who would apparently 'turn their back' would come back <tail between legs>. Providing the job he is doing, turns out satisfactory or above.

This is football and not a family feud, grow into the modern day and accept it IF he does come in as manager. Some people obviously stuck in their ways.

Sounds blunt, but he hardly shafted your family member and done a runner!!

You might be right about the 2,000 - getting on for 40% on the poll saying they'll no longer attend indicates it could be alot more.

If you can't understand it, just accept that many others have genuinely strong feelings about this.

If you were a board member, and you were about alienate a large proportion of your fans, knowing full well you have shat on them for the past few years, and were trying to get them bsck onside... ?

If they bring in Cotterill they will have shown they couldn't give a Fk about getting fans onside

If this happens I will never again step foot in Ashton gate whilst he is in charge. He is gas through and through, what is wrong with some of our fan base?? Am I just old fashioned or even out of touch? I detest rovers with a passion, can you even imagine what the blue few would be like if we went down!!!

I think you're all being ' old fashioned ' personally, but that's coming from somebody that never experienced what happened in the past.

No matter what he is or what he's done against City, you can't knock his record. He's a decent manager but all hell would break loose if he was appointed so I can't see this being true.

For me though, I'd like to see Stuart Pearce down the Gate.

If you were a board member, and you were about alienate a large proportion of your fans, knowing full well you have shat on them for the past few years, and were trying to get them bsck onside... would you appoint him, especially with the financial prudence being preached and Lansdown insisting we stand on our own two feet?

Yes we can all grow up. But many may not choose to... then what happens?

Thankfully we are, at very least, not being governed by those who need to grow up.

Holloway would be one of the two words i used to describe the type of manager we need - a 'sensational' choice.

Those who stay away would be more than compensated for by those who start to show up if we start winning matches in regular fashion.

I would still prefer the other Ole... Gunnar but Holloway would do nothing if not elevate our profile back to where we all want it to be. And I'll just repeat one other thing.. he is a professional unlike some of those saying they will not set foot inside the ground after he arrives. BCFC will for sure consider those opinions but respectfully say they need to consider the wider picture and that would be the first decent thing they have done since the hour before they decided to sack SO'D.

A question for all those threatening to quit Ashton Gate if Hollowhead is appointed:

- Did you stop going when Pulis was appointed?

A simple Yes or No will suffice.

For the record, Hollowhead is not my preferred candidate by a long chalk but it won't stop me from supporting my team just when they need me more than ever ('82 apart of course).      

A question for all those threatening to quit Ashton Gate if Hollowhead is appointed:

- Did you stop going when Pulis was appointed?

A simple Yes or No will suffice.

For the record, Hollowhead is not my preferred candidate by a long chalk but it won't stop me from supporting my team just when they need me more than ever ('82 apart of course).

After about two months when I saw the shite we were playing under him :(

Archived