IGNORED

The Board Want..........

Bcfc24

Really? Not as livid ss many city fans would be if he joined. And I would think that would make gas heads laugh more. Our club would implode, people stop going, in fighting with the fans. Protests to the board.

This could be the single most damaging stunt the board could pull in tetms of losing money and fans.

Gasheads would lap it up

Can you just imagine it ........ Agent Skeletor   :grr:

Really? Not as livid ss many city fans would be if he joined. And I would think that would make gas heads laugh more. Our club would implode, people stop going, in fighting with the fans. Protests to the board.

This could be the single most damaging stunt the board could pull in tetms of losing money and fans.

Time to grow up babs it really is, what you're saying is ridiculous! It's football for god sake, get in the real world

Gasheads would lap it up

Amazing! Over the years, two or three posts a season come up starting "I've heard from someone high up in the club" or "I can't reveal my sources". They then tell us City are about to do A, or sign B or appoint C. Nearly always these things don't happen. Besides which if you're privy to a confidence, why rush to post it on an internet forum?

Back on thread; Holoway has publicly stated "I hate Bristol City". Therefore he'd have to eat his words if he came here. Furthermore any poor playing performance or tactics would be seen as an attempt by the man to get the club relegated. Finally; it would give the man the opportunity to take us right down.

I suggest those who want to welcome him get in the real world. Nowadays football is about the money generation. City will lose a lot of support over this if it happens. This is the real world you speak of.

Edit.

If the poll is anything to go by, city will lose 30% off the gate. Not a majority you say, no but a big bloody proportion to lose for a manager appointment that does not guarantee success.

Some people on here need to grow up its football he's a good manager and we should be behind him if he is appointed.

If you were a board member, and you were about alienate a large proportion of your fans, knowing full well you have shat on them for the past few years, and were trying to get them bsck onside... would you appoint him, especially with the financial prudence being preached and Lansdown insisting we stand on our own two feet?

Yes we can all grow up. But many may not choose to... then what happens?

Some people on here need to grow up its football he's a good manager and we should be behind him if he is appointed.

You think what you want and it was supposed to be a free country the last time I checked.

No growing up necessary and I'd be staying away, whether you like it or not my friend.

It's already been discussed to death and I don't think either side needs to say any more, other than agree to differ!

Speaking to one of our senior players at the club today it seems the board are very keen on bringing Ian Holloway to Bristol City. I for one am very pleased if this is the case as in my opinion the guy could do a lot better than us but the board are interested as he has just moved to bath and holloway is keen to manage locally. I am not getting too excited by this yet as I don't believe anything until it is on the official website however if holloway is appointed I advise the fans to get behind him and the team as I feel holloway could be amazing for City showing passion and commitment to getting a Bristol team up the divisions. I ask the people singing for holloway not to come in who would you prefer because I assure you if we end up with Cotterill or Barker ETC we will end up in League 2.

Nice try Ian, where did you buy in Bath in the end? would have thought you could afford one of the surrounding villages instead?

There will be 30% back who left due to SoDs football, so losing 30% due to Holloway will work out evens.

Can't see it happening myself due to the history. 

With conspiracy theories abounding here's my shot in the dark.

Howsabout, a Holloway appointment to help the blue few accept a Bristol United? Agents Ward and Clarkson seem to be working well on the 'show them the door to oblivion' part of the strategy. Trashuwe, or whatever they call themselves, have a good blocking manoeuvre in. Could this be part of the 'grand plan'?

Nurse, more tablets please.  

There will be 30% back who left due to SoDs football, so losing 30% due to Holloway will work out evens.

Can't see it happening myself due to the history.

With conspiracy theories abounding here's my shot in the dark.

Howsabout, a Holloway appointment to help the blue few accept a Bristol United? Agents Ward and Clarkson seem to be working well on the 'show them the door to oblivion' part of the strategy. Trashuwe, or whatever they call themselves, have a good blocking manoeuvre in. Could this be part of the 'grand plan'?

Nurse, more tablets please.

Well maybe 70% of them back eh? :) after all the 30% would be representative of those 30% gone missing because of sod.

Send him to the Gas. He got palace up, as with all his jobs, the next part of the circle is to take the next one down :)

Get holloway in, people bitching about the bloke do need to grow up, it's football FFS... And bloody years ago at that..

Care to follow up on what I replied to you and the op. What if a large chunk of us don't want to grow up. What then? If football was about growing up.. do you honestly think any sane person would spend thousands watching 22 blokes kicking a bag of wind around!

Assume you're under 25 to get even remotely excited about this.

Looking around the crowd at AG recently the vast majority of remaining City fans are aged 35+,and many of them would never accept Hollowhead.

Such would be the genuine fury at the appointment of Skeletor City would lose 2,000 of their most loyal fans overnight.

2000? Hardly.

More may even turn up to give him a pantomimes welcome.

A great chance he'd do well with us and I'd like him here to spice it up a bit.... If he wants to come along.

The same few who would apparently 'turn their back' would come back <tail between legs>. Providing the job he is doing, turns out satisfactory or above.

This is football and not a family feud, grow into the modern day and accept it IF he does come in as manager. Some people obviously stuck in their ways.

Sounds blunt, but he hardly shafted your family member and done a runner!!

Perhaps there is an ulterior motive for appointing Holloway, anyone else remember the plot for Blazing Saddles, electing a sherif that would upset the residents of Rockridge so much, they could run their railway through it, HS2 could be?????

The Sherrif is a n...BONG.

Perhaps there is an ulterior motive for appointing Holloway, anyone else remember the plot for Blazing Saddles, electing a sherif that would upset the residents of Rockridge so much, they could run their railway through it, HS2 could be?????

Perhaps the board will make the decision by sitting round the campfire......eating beans!

Archived