IGNORED

Would Any Manager Stop You Going Down The Gate?

Aizoon

Would any manager stop you going down the Gate?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't believe people genuinely wouldn't go anymore if they didn't like the appointment. It's so childish and downright thick. You don't have to agree with appointment but surely you support BCFC and you would support and follow them regardless.

If any of the the above managers are appointed and do really well then they'll be back in no time.

Can't believe people genuinely wouldn't go anymore if they didn't like the appointment. It's so childish and downright thick. You don't have to agree with appointment but surely you support BCFC and you would support and follow them regardless.

If any of the the above managers are appointed and do really well then they'll be back in no time.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what they said about Colin at Wednesday.

Agree, but I can sort of understand the reasoning on Holloway, not on the others.

I dislike Colin's pronouncements and his propensity for encouraging teams to cheat, but I'd still go.  As for Coterill, maybe he'll recreate his success at Cheltenham, maybe he won't. Until I see him here I wouldn't presume to prejudge. Ridiculous to boycott over how you think things will turn out....

Then I must be thick, as Hoddle fits the bill as someone who if he came to our club in any capacity I would never set foot in Ashton Gate again, In case you're wondering yes I am disabled.

Agree, but I can sort of understand the reasoning on Holloway, not on the others.

I dislike Colin's pronouncements and his propensity for encouraging teams to cheat, but I'd still go. As for Coterill, maybe he'll recreate his success at Cheltenham, maybe he won't. Until I see him here I wouldn't presume to prejudge. Ridiculous to boycott over how you think things will turn out....

I agree with you about Cotterill. Who knows, he might do a job.

Warnock, though, is an obnoxious toad on whom I wouldn't piss if he was on fire. I would be as reluctant to support a City team managed by him as others would be to support one run by Holloway. I'd have no problems with IH, ironically.

Surely all the anger should be aimed at the board and not the manager?

I'd be angry at the board if they employed Warnock or Holloway...not because of the managers, but because I don't think they'd fit in with the Clubs new ethos.

Explain why on a short term basis the ethos would need to change at the club as a whole? i.e.between now the end of the season or as it's more commonly known a relegation battle.

We have all the coaches we need in place to ensure the most important part of the ethos is adhered to, the coaching of our academy and that need not change, even you will have to admit that SOD did not micro manage the whole club, we have all academy graduates we need in the 1st team squad at the moment for this relegation battle, it's not as if somebody is going to burst out into the first team in our current situation.

Take our time who knows this time we might actually get it right.

I agree with you. It would never stop me going.

I think calling them "downright thick" is unfair though. The opinion of other fans is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

I agree with you about Cotterill. Who knows, he might do a job.

Warnock, though, is an obnoxious toad on whom I wouldn't piss if he was on fire. I would be as reluctant to support a City team managed by him as others would be to support one run by Holloway. I'd have no problems with IH, ironically.

The only job Cotterill would do is the same one the wind does.

were you following city in the early 90s mate ?.

I agree with you. It would never stop me going.

I think calling them "downright thick" is unfair though. The opinion of other fans is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Fair enough. I did say I understood the Holloway and I get the guy's point on Hoddle. I think not going because you don't like a manager's style doesn't really make a true supporter of the club.

Fair enough. I did say I understood the Holloway and I get the guy's point on Hoddle. I think not going because you don't like a manager's style doesn't really make a true supporter of the club.

H'mm. A lot of people stopped going because they didn't like Sean's style of play. I did, but I still get their point. It's a lot of time and money to invest in something you don't enjoy.

In answer to EMB's.... because we've done short term over and over again... it doesn't work.

We've still got 27 games left of this season. 2 wins more, and we'd be mid table. Only individual errors in general have denied these points. We were moving in the right direction. A much better goals conceded average ( look at the history of league tables and we were most likely to end up mid table with our goal difference this season ) we were playing better as a team all round.

Now a new manager has to come in and we start again.

This isn't about SoD... it could have been any manager in charge...it's about the fact our Board and owner have bottled it again, and imho based on what I've been told, more to do with personal differences than performances on the pitch.

I have no confidence in our owner and board and worry for any manager coming here... I feel sorry for them.

I went under Osman and pulis two peolle I detested so probably not, if anybody does stop me going it will be the board and their lap dogs !

Thought you'd been banned, mate. Presumably it was only temporarilly. Good to see you back, the place gets a bit docile at times.

I will nevrr attend a game with IH in charge.

This fassion of threatening to protest over any old shit seems to be in fashion in football.

Holloway won't happen, though. That is much ado about nothing.

Does bring some interesting principles into play, though. . . .

Thought you'd been banned, mate. Presumably it was only temporarilly. Good to see you back, the place gets a bit docile at times.

I will nevrr attend a game with IH in charge.

This fassion of threatening to protest over any old shit seems to be in fashion in football.

Holloway won't happen, though. That is much ado about nothing.

Does bring some interesting principles into play, though. . . .

It's what Einstein called a Gedankenexperiment or "thought experiment". You set up a situation in your head and follow through its consequences.

In the case of appointing Holloway, it's only virtual blood on the terraces ;)

Archived