IGNORED

From Forest Fans

And Its Smith

I know what I like, and I know what I don't like. Unless he has a massive change in his style his team play the kind of football that I don't care to watch. It might be successful for some teams, and granted at times this season it hasn't been pretty, but just as we looked to get the ball down and play it's now going to get whooshed even more. No happy.

To be fair though red m. For all odriscolls reputation of playing football, I don't really remember us playing it under him. This season our play has consisted of passing it around the back four, a few times in midfield, back to the back four then whooshing it up to baldock and losing it. Odriscolls team has played as much hoofball this season as I have seen in my time watching city.

This comment is a little startling

To think I honestly envied Bristol City having SOD as manager, really hoped that they would give him time and patience to stop their rot, what do I know, some of our supporters failed to do that, why should City fans, or a section of them be different .

But to sack O'Driscol and appoint him........talking to a Forest player after one particular, even by his standards poor performance, I was able to ask him what his after match moments were.....honestly, I was told he sat the team down, pointed at each player one by one and told them your a c@@t, moved to the next, missing only a couple out of his thoughtful tirade, nothing else just pointed a finger and swore at them.

That to me sums up the clueless classless man to a T. He was disgraceful at Forest, I still wish we had kept SOD as manager.

Is this really the kind of management we have regressed to? My god...

I have honestly tried to find a positive in this situation but have now come to a decision there isn't one.

You know we had a thread entitled "The Board will rue this day" when SOD was sacked? Well I think we will rue this day more.

Sorry but our new manager sounds like a total bellend based on the fans forum.

Still, only three and a half years to go ...

One of the few positives was when I saw people on here say he saved Forest from relegation.. Then I read

_-------------------

How dare he claim he was the sole responsibility for keeping us afloat that season when we had THIRTY SIX games to go and WEREN'T EVEN IN THE RELEGATION PLACES WHEN HE JOINED.

The only thing that saved Forest that season were Portsmouth going into administration (partly his fault!) and Sean O'Driscoll joining and bringing a considered approach to our side.

Had neither of those two things happened we would have finished bottom and Portsmouth, who were bottom when he left them for us, would have been laughing at us for years and years after. His record was dire, his football even worse.

_-----------------

Hmmm

on another Florist forum a thread of which i started one positive out of half a dozen replies so far:-

Cotterill actually did quite well with us, considering the circumstances, albeit with the man he has just replaced at Bristol City at his side. (Yes, yes, I remember not scoring a goal for ages and ages

He was brought in after our chairman stepped down, with limited resources and no doubt low morale around the place. 

Aside that, I thought he did well at Notts County. 

You have some great players at Bristol City and should never be in the bottom four (23rd) in League One. (Enough of them have played for us). 

Players like Simon Gillett, JET, Sam Baldock, Nicky Shorey, Greg Cunningham and Frank Fielding are lower end Championship/higher League One standard players. 

I think Cotts will do more for the morale at the place than Sean O'Driscoll could have done and I'd be surprised if he cannot get enough out of that squad to drag you away from a relegation scrap.

Read more: http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26277&posts=7#M652826

on another Florist forum a thread of which i started one positive out of half a dozen replies so far:-

Cotterill actually did quite well with us, considering the circumstances, albeit with the man he has just replaced at Bristol City at his side. (Yes, yes, I remember not scoring a goal for ages and agesHe was brought in after our chairman stepped down, with limited resources and no doubt low morale around the place. Aside that, I thought he did well at Notts County. You have some great players at Bristol City and should never be in the bottom four (23rd) in League One. (Enough of them have played for us). 

Players like Simon Gillett, JET, Sam Baldock, Nicky Shorey, Greg Cunningham and Frank

Fielding are lower end Championship/higher League One standard players. [font=Verdana, Arial,

Helvetica, sans-serif]I think Cotts will do more for the morale at the place than Sean O'Driscoll could have done and I'd be surprised if he

cannot get enough out of that squad to drag you away from a relegation scrap.[font=Verdana, Arial,

Helvetica, sans-serif]Read more: [url=http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?

tid=26277&posts=7#M652826]http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26277&posts=7#M652826[/

url]

Now ,now we'll have none of that balanced argument malarky on OTIB thank you very much.

My new favourite from that thread in the OP:

Ah Steve Cotterill, the footballing equivilant of a botched prescription. You start off with a small sense of cautious optimism, feeling that brash positivity and quasi streetwise presentation will kick your blocked nose into touch...only to find a week later you've had your left leg amputated and you're sh*tting out your eyeballs.

I'd say good luck, you know...to make you feel better and all? But there's really no point, you're screwed. He's ******g dreadful.

I don't think he has come across particularly well on the BBC web site.. 'florist sinking faster than the titianic' ; bit of an unnecessary Billy Big Bollox there but i guess he wears his heart on his sleave or rather i am, for now, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Florist were, in fact, outside the relegation zone when he took over.

He came across better in his BCFC press conference.

So they played OK once SOD was brought in alongside him.. Great...

Wasn't trying to defend Cotterill,only saying that there are two sides to any story.For the record he certainly wouldn't of been my first choice,or second,or third even,but what's done is done,time to move on.

Stoke fan friend of mine says the following:-

He's known as "Quitterill" in the Potteries because he only stayed with us for a few weeks before going to Sunderland on a big-money deal that was a total failure. He's hugely hated at Stoke. 

So is Joe Jordan,hopefully we'll come to love all the people they hate, and vice versa. i.e. Pulis.

Stoke fan friend of mine says the following:-

He's known as "Quitterill" in the Potteries because he only stayed with us for a few weeks before going to Sunderland on a big-money deal that was a total failure. He's hugely hated at Stoke.

He was there for only three months.. Quit and three hours later announced his new job. Apparently he was holding talks behind the clubs back... Leaving them managerless...

Archived