IGNORED

"supporters Are The Most Important Thing At Any Football Club"

Puckle_red

Sean was largely a cliche free zone and got derided for it. Now we will have plenty of them with Cotts. He says what the average punter wants to hear and can relate to. Personally, i preferred the former. But lets get behind the new gaffer ;)

Can't say I thought that of SOD, Hava. His "unusual" delivery masked what were either banalities or ideas that he might have had but he certainly didn't bring to the first team. IMO rumours of his intelligence are exaggerated. Mind you, I never buy the programmes, so perhaps his notes there were masterpieces.

TBH mate, who cares what any of them say or sound like. It's on the pitch where it matters.

He's not going to say the fans our nothing and to be quite honest a bunch of pr!cks that sit and moan all the time

Although true, He just wouldn't say it

SOD came close to that after the Bristol derby and he wasn't even asked about the supporters...

I'm just pleased that he may gel this messed up club together again if nothing else.

It will look like Weasel words without actions.

Attractive football will suffice for a time. Attractive football which generally wins more than it loses and he will earn his praise.

Negative long ball Cotterball gets the Osman and Pulis treatment. That has been the Bristol City way and he should learn that.

We have not all been brought up on rugby, Cheltenham is hardly the typical West Country to many of us either.

Correct.

Good start off the pitch Mr Cotterill, maybe we can start building bridges between the club and our fanbase, our new manager clearly see's how important that is.

With this statement he has shown us some respect, lets allow him to try and earn ours.

Can I just say that I echo the original OP at the top there, and add how important it is to say stuff like this as the half-season tickets go on sale. Jolly good. I fully expect this statement to be repeated sometime around June/ July next year. Thank you

No he didn't. He said he was already committed to coming here. There is a big difference.

He hadn't signed anything with us.

He had the right to change his mind up until he signed. I have done the same when I was offered a job, I agreed in principle to start for the company on a set day, but had second thoughts a few days later. I informed the company I was no longer interested in joining them.

Without signing a contract, all of the options were available to him.

Can't say I thought that of SOD, Hava. His "unusual" delivery masked what were either banalities or ideas that he might have had but he certainly didn't bring to the first team. IMO rumours of his intelligence are exaggerated. Mind you, I never buy the programmes, so perhaps his notes there were masterpieces.

TBH mate, who cares what any of them say or sound like. It's on the pitch where it matters.

Everyone uses cliches; its part of our vocabulary; he just uses far less that most managers in the game and I suspect, strongly, that Cotts will use infinitely more.

You can read his programme notes on the OS.

Everyone uses cliches; its part of our vocabulary; he just uses far less that most managers in the game and I suspect, strongly, that Cotts will use infinitely more.

You can read his programme notes on the OS.

The OS makes my brain bleed, so no.

I could tell what Sean was trying to do and it made sense. Trouble was, it wasn't working and IMO it probably never would have.

Archived