IGNORED

"supporters Are The Most Important Thing At Any Football Club"

Puckle_red

Correct.

Good start off the pitch Mr Cotterill, maybe we can start building bridges between the club and our fanbase, our new manager clearly see's how important that is.

With this statement he has shown us some respect, lets allow him to try and earn ours.

Rhetoric that's all.

We all know that talk is cheap.

Correct.

Good start off the pitch Mr Cotterill, maybe we can start building bridges between the club and our fanbase, our new manager clearly see's how important that is.

With this statement he has shown us some respect, lets allow him to try and earn ours.

You know, back in 1967, a manager failed to say this when taking up a new post. Hard to credit, I know...

SC may well believe it. I hope he does. What is manifestly clear is that the Board doesn't.

Sean was largely a cliche free zone and got derided for it. Now we will have plenty of them with Cotts. He says what the average punter wants to hear and can relate to. Personally, i preferred the former. But lets get behind the new gaffer ;)

Yep. Sean avoided cliche's like the plague :noexp:

His interviews will never be as in depth or as interesting as O'Driscoll's, but it is time we got used to that. So'd as judged by many on the way he conducted interviews, mainly by those who don't understand football, so let's not do the same with Cotterill. Good luck to him

His interviews will never be as in depth or as interesting as O'Driscoll's, but it is time we got used to that. So'd as judged by many on the way he conducted interviews, mainly by those who don't understand football, so let's not do the same with Cotterill. Good luck to him

Good luck to Cotterill. The read from the Burnley blog was excellent. But for the highlighted comment, let's have an end to this superiority complex by some, its very tiresome

Good luck to Cotterill. The read from the Burnley blog was excellent. But for the highlighted comment, let's have an end to this superiority complex by some, its very tiresome

I saw some clueless comments about O'Driscoll's interviews, and I think that the main reason for a few of them was because they didn't quite grasp what he was saying or completely understood it. Although I do realise that opinions on football can't really be wrong, so yes, over the top comment from me.

Correct.

.....as per your thread title, the supporters are not the most important thing at this football club as the Lansdown 5 pillar business plan does not include the supporters as one of their much vaunted pillars.

....anyway, good luck Steve Cotterill and I hope you don't end up getting cemented into one of the 5 pillars of the Lansdown BCFC austerity business plan. biggrin.png

A win against Tamworth and I hope you get the luck in the FA Cup draw to face Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea in the FA Cup 3rd round. biggrin.png

You Redzzzzz.

He was the favourite for the Scunny job last week. My take on it is that our board knew this and why they contacted him as early as the Thursday evening.

That's why the timing of SOD's dismissal was strange,it was all to do with getting in quick and stopping SC agreeing terms with Scunny.

Bit stupid having S****horpe censored isn't it mods?

He was the favourite for the Scunny job last week. My take on it is that our board knew this and why they contacted him as early as the Thursday evening.

That's why the timing of SOD's dismissal was strange,it was all to do with getting in quick and stopping SC agreeing terms with Scunny.

Bit stupid having S****horpe censored isn't it mods?

No sillier than *****les. I take it they don't have *****les (or S****horpe's) in the USA...

I think he's right, about supporters, and is part of our problem, frankly in recent times we've been poor.  Just listening to BT Sport talking about the atmosphere at Palace despite being bottom of the league and hearing ex-managers of theirs say how the supporters are rarely critical about their own while many here are slagging off our guy before a ball's been kicked, says it all, we get what we deserve.

Archived