IGNORED

Nelson Mandela

Roger Red Hat

It was mid 70's, if I can figure how to get links to it I will.

The Air Rhodesia Vickers Viscounts "Hunyani" & "Umniati" were shot down by ZIPRA (Zimbabwe Peoples Liberation Army, the military wing of Joshua Nkomos  ZAPU (Zimbabwe African Peoples Union) using SAM missiles on take off from, Kariba Airport.

The first onewas shot down, and crash landing. Most of the survivors were machine gunned by ZIPRA Terrs who found the plane. Some escaped due to the fact they went to try and find help. The Second one was shot down, with no surivivors.

At the time we launched our cross border raid to get these evil bastards, we got bucketloads of accusations of war crimes blah blah blah, by the rest of the world. However Joshua Nkomo CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY for both atrocities and faced zero comma zero condemnation for killing mainly school kids on a trip to Lake Kariba, on the first one, and holidaymakers on the 2nd plane. He also knowingly put his terrorist bases including armouries slap in the centre of the camps. Indeed his prisons were right next door to said armoury. On every occasion we warned our neighbours we would respond to attacks, and asked them to ensure compliance with internationally acceptable standards of refugee camps, but without fail it was broken. We also launched at least two major raids on Mugabes ZANLA camps.

And despite what you have been told by the BBC and other left wing media, Rhodersian troops did  not at any time carry out deliberate calculated racially motivated war crimes. I know many of those guys who did these ops (a maximum of 110 ground troops and up to fifteen aircraft/helicopters) and while I have no doubt some people were killed, they would have been in the heat of battle, not as a cold blooded crime. This is why I understand Mandiba's stance, and a lot of the old Rhodie troopies are the same

You're a good lad bucksred for explaining that. For whatever reasons, the BBC has been poisoning the minds of the British people against various regimes for the past 4 decades - including that of the former Rhodesia.

You're a good lad bucksred for explaining that. For whatever reasons, the BBC has been poisoning the minds of the British people against various regimes for the past 4 decades - including that of the former Rhodesia.

Still doing in their shit African reporting..nothing has ever changed..

Archived