IGNORED

Who Do You Want In 3Rd Round?

Briz1122

Rochdale v Leeds could be a TV game.

The reason is that Greater Manchester Police won't let Leeds play in their area on a Saturday due to the fan's behaviour. Even when Leeds were in League 1 the away game at Oldham if not midweek, had to be Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

I'll stick my neck out here; Watford at home is winnable (unlike Chelsea away). Then in round 4 or 5 we get to maintain our 20 year sequence.

1974 - that Tuesday win at Leeds after a home draw, 1994 that Tuesday win at Liverpool after a home draw. 2014 - ?????

Watford is a good draw, a beatable team at home is about the best we could ask for.

Anyone who wants a big club away is just putting money before progression.

The F.A.Cup is about glory and getting through as many rounds as possible. We can make plenty of money by progressing a few rounds - to likely get hammered at Arsenal or Man.Utd in a half empty PL stadium isn't my idea of a glorious exit.

Anyone at home is my F.A. Cup motto - at AshtonGate, if Cotterill brings the spirit back to team and fans, anything can happen.

Watford is a good draw, a beatable team at home is about the best we could ask for.

The F.A.Cup is about glory and getting through as many rounds as possible. We can make plenty of money by progressing a few rounds - to likely get hammered at Arsenal or Man.Utd in a half empty PL stadium isn't my idea of a glorious exit.

Anyone at home is my F.A. Cup motto - at AshtonGate, if Cotterill brings the spirit back to team and fans, anything can happen.

And usually does :(

Rochdale v Leeds could be a TV game.

The reason is that Greater Manchester Police won't let Leeds play in their area on a Saturday due to the fan's behaviour. Even when Leeds were in League 1 the away game at Oldham if not midweek, had to be Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

I'll stick my neck out here; Watford at home is winnable (unlike Chelsea away). Then in round 4 or 5 we get to maintain our 20 year sequence.

1974 - that Tuesday win at Leeds after a home draw, 1994 that Tuesday win at Liverpool after a home draw. 2014 - ?????

Old bill shouldn't be the ones dictating the TV games. After all don't teams get a few more quid being televised?

I think for most fans it's about the occasion, the day out, more so than the money, which is a bonus. That night at Anfield in '94 remains one of the all time great moments for all those of us who were there. A trip to Old Trafford, The Emirates or Stamford Bridge, regardless of the result, would be one of those games you'll remember forever. We haven't had many of those recently!

That said, I'm happy enough with Watford at home, even though my first reaction was the same as the City players! Whether we have a realistic chance of progressing to round 4 I guess depends on what sort of run of results we have in December. For now, I feel optimistic.

I think for most fans it's about the occasion, the day out, more so than the money, which is a bonus. That night at Anfield in '94 remains one of the all time great moments for all those of us who were there. A trip to Old Trafford, The Emirates or Stamford Bridge, regardless of the result, would be one of those games you'll remember forever. We haven't had many of those recently!

That said, I'm happy enough with Watford at home, even though my first reaction was the same as the City players! Whether we have a realistic chance of progressing to round 4 I guess depends on what sort of run of results we have in December. For now, I feel optimistic.

This is certainly true.

Especially for a 'bluenose' when it comes to Merseyside.

Best football night of my life.

'Drink Up Thee Zider' has never sounded so good.

(As a footnote, the day after was also the time that I stopped 'hating' Liverpool... I obviously still don't 'like' them, but they were fantastically gracious in defeat, starting with the Kop's standing ovation for our team and continuing with their supporters kind comments the next day)

Up the Toffees though! ;-)

Archived