IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

glastonred

I'm a fan, but I must admit he didn't play very well today. Taylor tends to play better against tougher opposition. We would not have won 4-1 and 4-2 against Palace and Cardiff respectively without him and this is due to his hold up play, and positioning that allows other players to get forward. He's decent in the air and will win most balls and has a good defensive work rate to add to that.

I just don't get what some people see in Ryan Taylor. Today he was almost anonymous, and this can be said about a lot of his games. Could someone with a more analytical brain than me please explain what he brings to the club? I must be missing something!

same as most people see as only one up front

then they call for two up front and still find something to whine about a player who only last season was tearing two sides now in the prem a new one

Ginger hair

What he said. Maybe he should ditch the beard though!

Seriously, if he could remain fit and get a decent run of games he could do a job. No today, but in the past he has added a physical presence. I'm not sure when he went off why we didn't do a straight swop for Harewood, allowing jet to stay where he was?

same as most people see as only one up front

then they call for two up front and still find something to whine about a player who only last season was tearing two sides now in the prem a new one

Justifying his position following 2 decent games? That's not bad work if you can get it.

I'm in the 2 up front club, yet hopefully SC will utilise Taylor and Harewood only till the transfer window. Taylor was poor today, very rarely made it stick and appeared to lose more headers than he won. Like I said though, beggars can't be choosers so I'd rather have him up front than see SB ploughing a lone one.

I also thought he was okay, won his fair share of headers and held the ball up, flicked it and passed it on when he had too. He should of had an assist at the start of the second half when he nocked it down to baldock in the box. I think him , jet and baldock all link up well. I'm genuinely excited at seeing two strikers, and im glad cotts seems willing to give this a chance-very positive.

I just don't get what some people see in Ryan Taylor. Today he was almost anonymous, and this can be said about a lot of his games. Could someone with a more analytical brain than me please explain what he brings to the club? I must be missing something!

Probably because its him or Harewood.

He's started 3 games, we've won two of them...

Strangely I thought he was better second half than first but got the hook after an hour.

What is undoubted is the balance is better with him (or a similar player) in the side.

I guess the next month will determine whether SC perseveres or replaces him with a new signing.

Well,Drogba he ain't.you can be pretty sure a 'proper' target man will be very high on the shopping list,and it's long overdue.

Taylor didn't win many first balls yesterday - but in fairness their centre halves were huge! Two things I remember are the knock down in the box which Baldock should have scored from (well blocked) and the quick turn and through ball for Baldock which led directly to the Wagstaff open goal chance.

I definitely preferred us with him up there and JET behind a front two. Obviously Cotterill will have a full week of training ahead of the next game to figure things out but as it stands I'd be happy for us give that team a decent run of games.

Wagstaff/Ellliott for Burns/Wynter is another conversation!

This is the formation that we have been crying out for, two up front with Jet in the hole behind, putting the midfield 4 into a diamond and pushing the full backs forward made us strong in midfield with Jet and an attacking threat up the flanks. For the life of me I can't understand why O'Driscoll couldn't see it.

Taylor will get better, he is the perfect foil for Baldock who also looked better yesterday.

I'm impressed.

Taylor did alright, like many large centre frowards/target men, he likes to pin to full backs for the arial balls because they're not usually as strong in the air - he couldn't do that today because we played very narrow.

Shame baldock didn't stick away chances, bryan & cunningham could have had one as a result of the ball coming down on the edge of their area too - none of the team deserve more than a 7 out of 10 though Taylor included

Archived