IGNORED

Who Was It Then ?

foghornred

What a load of utter tripe, are you really saying we are / I am soft because these things should be rightly banned from football stadium. Try telling that to those that lost their sons daughters fathers at the Bradford City inferno a few years back, OK a different scenario but anywhere where someone sets a fire where there are people standing / sitting is not acceptable, to think that it is is a strange mindset, but is not surprising to me. I have seen a few Idiots come and go in my llfe.

You are misinformed. Yes to a degree you are soft if you do not question things in life. Working in a role that involves H&S and risk assessment I monitor risk, identify it, assess it and put in place control measures.

The Bradford fire was caused by a lack of adequate maitenance in a wooden stand and a cigarette. That lack of maintentance created an increased risk of a fire which should have been identified. The control measures to prevent a fire were inadequate. That should not be used as comparison.

Clubs abroad have pyrotecnic displays, this is a fact. These club organised displays are not dangerous. Carrying a cup of tea in one hand and a hot pie in the other through a stand would would be of a higher risk inherent risk.

A smoke cannister is not a fire. After ignition it smokes, and has no naked flame.

Clubs abroad provide sand bucket to extinguish as a simple control measure to reduce the minimal risk they present.

Clubs like Willem II provide a form of hanger/shelf on a raised area on fencing to minimise risk to nil. That is simple sense not tripe.

The Bradford tragedy was clearly awful beyond words and my post will not deflect from that but that is completely irrelevant.

However, plenty of away supporters have set off smoke bombs at Ashton Gate this season completely coincidently Bradford fans themselves set off a smoke bomb (not a flare) at Ashton Gate this season.

Smoke bombs that have been set off near me have not caused any damage to me. I think they look good and add to an atmosphere. If somebody doesn't like it or panics because of one can't they just move?

Take a look at Norway's example...hardly the 'idiot' capital of Europe.

I don't know about that - it produced Anders Brevnik :(

What a load of utter tripe, are you really saying we are / I am soft because these things should be rightly banned from football stadium. Try telling that to those that lost their sons daughters fathers at the Bradford City inferno a few years back, OK a different scenario but anywhere where someone sets a fire where there are people standing / sitting is not acceptable, to think that it is is a strange mindset, but is not surprising to me. I have seen a few Idiots come and go in my llfe.

A teensy weensy wiff of smoke ITS NOT A FIRE will not burn down a stand in 2013. DUMB BEASTS believe this stuff. Another silly un. A fire resistant flag will NOT catch fire in a NO smoking stand and it will NOT be engulfed by an blazing inferno if it happens. But hey ho scoop out yer brains cos them the rules innit.

Johnny Foreigner doesn't have all this health and safety and control freakery for grounds everywhere. They know its SOFT and STUPID.

Archived