IGNORED

Who Was It Then ?

foghornred

Imagine what it could have done to an elderly person.

Some people have no common sense and simply disregard other peoples safety/health.

About time City sorted out their own problem with away fans sheff utd, 3 of their fans needed treatment by the first aiders. also why wasnt it picked up by tv cameras

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/crackdown-on-flares-is-backed-by-football-clubs-1-6294493

Im not condoning flares/Smoke bombs at Football in any shape or form, but you dont see fans "dropping like flys" in Europe where they are used and encouraged at games.

Perhaps this says more about us as a nation rather than how evil these things are ? :unsure:

I don't think so. Its just not reported in those games over here, plus people over in other countries know that they are going to be there and probably know where in the stadium they are going to be. I think in certain places in Europe they have specific place to set them off or allow people to do it in safe and controlled ways In order to improve the atmosphere. Over here we have mindless idiots who sneak them in, set them off next to the unsuspecting public  and throw them around. Believe me when I say they are not nice, some moron at MK Dons set it off next to me and its not a pleasant experience you cant breath and for 30mins I could barely feel my throat. At the present time they are dangerous and could do some serious damage to people with breathing problems.

Its not nice she had to go to hospital, but really? She must have serious asthma or something. I don't think people should be banned for this, it was thrown onto the pitch not in anyones direction. The thing that I was annoyed about was the timing of it! They should of set it off when we scored....

• Admin

Its not nice she had to go to hospital, but really? She must have serious asthma or something. I don't think people should be banned for this, it was thrown onto the pitch not in anyones direction. The thing that I was annoyed about was the timing of it! They should of set it off when we scored....

The smoke bomb went off about two steps behind where I was stood, there were about 15-20 other people around me, not one of us had any respiratory reactions to the smoke.

A policeman came over to the section at halftime and said looking back at footage it was impossible to identify where the smoke bomb came from and as a result no further action would be taken.

Can only assume the person affected had a previous respiratory problem as there was no steward stood anywhere near to me, so when I overheard conversation at halftime was more than surprised.

I noticed that the article states there were two smoke flares, I was only aware of one??

Anyway the main thing is she makes a full recovery

I can only echo what Phantom has said.

I was stood about 3 steps down from where this smoke bomb was set off and no-one around us was affected by the smoke.

I honestly don't know how this steward managed to suffer, because there were no stewards in the area where the smoke was bellowing and it wasn't in an enclosed space under the roof, it was directly in the open.

Someone picked it up and threw it onto the pitch (not at anyone I hasten to add), whereupon a steward tipped a bucket of sand over it.

I can't see where or when this female steward was affected by this?  Also, there was definitely only ONE and not TWO as is being reported on that link.

As said above, the Bristol old bill came over to where we were standing at half-time and said they don't have any CCTV footage, so won't be making any arrests, but asked nicely for whoever it was not to do it again - thought it was pretty good policing in fairness - no hassle, no accusations, just informative and lenient.

Anyway, I'm not saying this steward wasn't unwell as a result of this, but I find it difficult to understand how or when her injuries occurred - there were no stewards anywhere near the main smokey area.  I can only assume she had a pre-existing, and probably quite serious respiratory condition to have been affected by this from what must have been a fair distance away.

The truth has already been stretched in this article suggesting that there were double the number of bombs than there were.

Whatever the case, hope whoever it was is ok.

They are horrible. Only takes one person with respiratory problem to be seriously hurt to make people realise and by then it will be too late. When they were set off next to me they were horrible and everyone around us was coughing and spluttering, not sure if different ones have different effects but it wasn't nice at all. It's up to the police/stewards inside the stadium to sort it out, that's what they get paid for.

I don't think so. Its just not reported in those games over here, plus people over in other countries know that they are going to be there and probably know where in the stadium they are going to be. I think in certain places in Europe they have specific place to set them off or allow people to do it in safe and controlled ways In order to improve the atmosphere. Over here we have mindless idiots who sneak them in, set them off next to the unsuspecting public  and throw them around. Believe me when I say they are not nice, some moron at MK Dons set it off next to me and its not a pleasant experience you cant breath and for 30mins I could barely feel my throat. At the present time they are dangerous and could do some serious damage to people with breathing problems.

I used to go to AEK games back in the day, as one of their token English regulars out there.  The police always made us empty all of our loose change out to them before going through the turnstile, so that nobody could lob drachma coins about and therefore cause any dangerous shennanigans.  I would suggest that they donated all of the confiscated Wonga to a local charity straight after the matches, no doubt!  Smoke flares, however, didn't seem to concern the  Athens Bill at all (no, I never dabbled, myself).  I've been at games where AEK have been 2-0 up or (more likely) 2-0 down and not seen a blimmin' sight of the pitch because of constant flares going off. So certainly, the Greek Super league is one of the less likely candidates for having a specific place to do a small, controlled display.   :whistle:   

You're right though, Catcott.........if they start becoming a regular feature there's not only the hum from them and the chemicals contained within affecting individuals, it just takes one 'moron' to lob one at an opposing group and you can be sure that it will come straight back, but land amongst people who have nothing to do with the original act.  Things ARE a bit different in Greece though!!

The local derby between AEK and those green idiots of Ambelokipi (P******naikos) sometimes got a tad lively, although you've got to wonder whether our old mates in the West Midlands Police would have been as tolerant as their Greek comrades. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzah9SksFbo

I can see both sides of the argument. For people who are affected by the effects of smoke it is horrible. However, I can also see the other side as well with people saying they look good and add to atmosphere etc. One thing which is absolutely certain though is that all across the country it is turning into the season of the flare. A lot of flare related incidents this season at all levels of the game. Maybe a safe area where people can let them off is a good idea but it just is not practical. Would look absolutely fantastic though to see two or three flares being waved about. Flares are a part of the European Ultra scene and eventually people here were going to pick up on them and it happened to be this season. In this country though it just is not the right kind of environments to be letting them off unfortunately.

After Sunday's game was it City or Tamworth fans chanting "Adrian Chiles; what a wa##er" on TV?

So are you saying it was Chiles who lobbed the smoke granade?

Totally irresonsible behaviour by the over paid fat brummie moron. iTV should throw the book at him after he has made a personal apology to the steward.

Adrian Chiles - whar a #@#$.

And coming off the back of operation yewtree, just goes to show how low the broadcasting profession has fallen.

So are you saying it was Chiles who lobbed the smoke granade?

Totally irresonsible behaviour by the over paid fat brummie moron. iTV should throw the book at him after he has made a personal apology to the steward.

Adrian Chiles - whar a #@#$.

And coming off the back of operation yewtree, just goes to show how low the broadcasting profession has fallen.

I'm sorry. I can't have that.

Overpaid, fat, Black Country moron please.....

Archived