IGNORED

Who We Want/need & Can Afford In The Transfer Window

TNBT

With the transfer window approaching was wondering what players we can afford to get & that would want to come.

Even though we're sitting at the wrong end the table I'd like to think/hope we could still attract some decent players in as we are massively under achieving what a club our size should be & as that's the case we should hopefully get in some players that have got some championship potential but can help us get to the opposite end the table where we should be.

All that said,

Does anyone know who??

Who would you like realistically that we might be able to get??

Tried looking on fifa 12 for ideas but no good as so many & you don't know players situations but did see that Flint was only valued at 70k on it then

Jon Stead. He'd be top of my list

Unlikely but not outside the realms of probability. He's exactly the type of character we need in that dressing and on the pitch. Monumental in helping us stay up against relegation the season before last and we were effectively down when he got injured last season. Grabs a few goals, runs all day and chases everything and keeps the team going. Exactly the sort of character we need and would score more in League 1 and would be a good partner for Baldock up top. Also has a soft spot for the club which helps our cause. Worth asking Huddersfield the question.

I said about loaning Stead to my mate the other week. Think it would be unlikely though as he has affectively gone to his hometown club to finish his career.If he wanted to be playing every week he would of just stayed with us.

Oh yeh agreed, but if we can convince him to come down and help us out on loan for a couple months and give him some games it would help us loads I think.

In my opinion need a right winger, big striker (if he's not going to play Taylor), midfielder (to replace Elliott) and a full back ( really needs 2 but need to be realistic). All of whom have to be good enough to be in the team every week not squad players. Get them and we might stay up. If we don't then division 4 here we come.

I feel we're in the same scenario as when Johnson took over,shower of shite need shipping out and new players brought in.In johnsons case he brought in a load of players we'd never heard of including bas but gradually turnt things around his way even though it was shit or bust at the time.

fast forward 8 years and its shit or bust big time so don't get too downhearted if weve never heard of any new signings

:laugh: was doing a season with city & was looking for some additions for my team & seen Flint can't say I was shocked at his price on it but it got me thinking who can we get in. Who knows who we'd get if they used it as most the people on it don't reflect them in real life.

Archived