IGNORED

New Players In January

Ronnie

Well with only 46% of our wage budget meeting used and hopefully Fontaine and Kilkenny off our books soon he should be able to strengthen the team. Makes me wonder why money was not made available to SOD during the summer.. Seems like the club were being far too cautious, impacting on the calibre of player we could bring in...

Just hope we do not get sucked into paying inflated January prices.

Well with only 46% of our wage budget meeting used and hopefully Fontaine and Kilkenny off our books soon he should be able to strengthen the team. Makes me wonder why money was not made available to SOD during the summer.. Seems like the club were being far too cautious, impacting on the calibre of player we could bring in...

Inevitable.

Too true.

Also McLaughlin gone, O'Connor going, decisions to be made on Shorey, Gillett and Osborne before we get to the likes of JET and Elliott.

There should be far more scope this January than previous ones.

SC is hoping to bring in six new players during January, talks with some of them have already started. I don't know if any have to leave to make this happen but l guess there will be departures.

SIX!!! Bloody hell.

FFP Going straight out the window then

Nothing like having an open mind eh?

Yeah I can't claim to be open minded about Cotterill. I know quite a bit about him and I'll leave it at that. I'd genuinely love to be wrong.

In any case, bringing in six players in January is far too much change mid season in my opinion.

I have to admit I'm fairly terrified of the thought of Cotterill making six signings. I hope I'm wrong.

What terrified he might bring 6 players in that might have us threatening to win a match you mean ???

Why don't you give the bloke a chance?? He can't do any worse than the miserable git before him.

Things can't get much worse. The board have backed him - time we did the same ?

What terrified he might bring 6 players in that might have us threatening to win a match you mean ???

No, terrified he might bring in 6 players who are not what we need on long contracts that we're lumbered with.

Why don't you give the bloke a chance?? He can't do any worse than the miserable git before him.

Things can't get much worse. The board have backed him - time we did the same ?

I will give him a chance, I have no choice, but I have very little faith in him for good reason.

It can definitely get worse than it was under SOD - the last home game was a step backwards from the Orient game for example - so don't speak too soon.

Like I said, I'll be very happy to be wrong.

McLaughlin gone, won't be paying for O'Connor after Jan, imagine Shorey will not be retained, Gillett will return to Forest at end of loan, same as the Millwall defender we have on loan, there is 5 spaces and wages freed up.

I hope we can keep Osbourne, doubt we'll find much better.

Shocking piece of management to be honest announcing there will be "big changes" halfway through a season. Especially with many youngsters - hardly a confidence booster.

I don't disagree we need a few players (not sure about 6) but to go public with it is daft.

Good god.

We are bottom of the league! What do you expect?

You're not going to give him a chance, are you?

Every comment and every action is going to be slagged off.

Good god.

We are bottom of the league! What do you expect?

You're not going to give him a chance, are you?

Every comment and every action is going to be slagged off.

Have you actually read what I said? I don't disagree we need players that's bloody obvious. It's going public that I think is a schoolboy error.

That's my opinion, nothing more. Don't see the big deal.

Archived