IGNORED

New Players In January

Ronnie

Have you actually read what I said? I don't disagree we need players that's bloody obvious. It's going public that I think is a schoolboy error.

That's my opinion, nothing more. Don't see the big deal.

I think we get it.

You don't rate the bloke at all, have written him off from the start and will nit pick at everything the bloke does or says. Who needs enemies when some of our own have made their mind up from the day he got the job.

And no, I didn't think it was the right time for O'Driscoll to leave but, he has, and now I intend to see with my own eyes some football matches to make a judgement on whether the new man in charge will do any better. Results wise, he has got to beat 2 wins in about 20 something.

If Lansdown dipped into his pocket and offered a couple of million for new players, what would the penalty actually be under FFP rules?  Does the FA actually enforce this anyway?  If I was in Steve's position I would definitely take the risk and bankroll at least 3 million pounds of new signings.  I'm sure he'd have an economical method to do this while offsetting any serious consequence to the club.

I think we get it.

You don't rate the bloke at all, have written him off from the start and will nit pick at everything the bloke does or says. Who needs enemies when some of our own have made their mind up from the day he got the job.

And no, I didn't think it was the right time for O'Driscoll to leave but, he has, and now I intend to see with my own eyes some football matches to make a judgement on whether the new man in charge will do any better. Results wise, he has got to beat 2 wins in about 20 something.

Results wise he has to keep us up... not better sod. It is that simple. If he fails to, he will be gone as well.

If Lansdown dipped into his pocket and offered a couple of million for new players, what would the penalty actually be under FFP rules? Does the FA actually enforce this anyway? If I was in Steve's position I would definitely take the risk and bankroll at least 3 million pounds of new signings. I'm sure he'd have an economical method to do this while offsetting any serious consequence to the club.

I thought the rules related to wages versus turnover, not so much transfer fees etc?

******* brilliant. We're in this mess for constantly changing everything every 5 minutes and now we want to do it when we're bottom of the league. No doubt we'll need "a few months to gel the new players together" and by then it's March. I'm amazed at how clueless and out of their depth this board is.

******* brilliant. We're in this mess for constantly changing everything every 5 minutes and now we want to do it when we're bottom of the league. No doubt we'll need "a few months to gel the new players together" and by then it's March. I'm amazed at how clueless and out of their depth this board is.

Or we could stick with the same players who have won a grand total of 2 league games from 21 attempts.

Mind you, I've still not seen this quote from Cotterill.

I think we get it.

Spot on, some very very sad people on here.

Or we could stick with the same players who have won a grand total of 2 league games from 21 attempts.

Mind you, I've still not seen this quote from Cotterill.

The players we have are good enough. The squad we have for this level is ******* good. What we don't have is a board willing to stick with it and give it time to come together.

The players we have are good enough. The squad we have for this level is ******* good. What we don't have is a board willing to stick with it and give it time to come together.

We have some good players I agree. What we don't have is leaders and experience. Louis is back and I think he'll be important over the next few months, but he won't be able to play every week so another leader is a must in January. IMO we need a new spine and a bit of strength.

We have some good players I agree. What we don't have is leaders and experience. Louis is back and I think he'll be important over the next few months, but he won't be able to play every week so another leader is a must in January. IMO we need a new spine and a bit of strength.

Pack and Reid should be the CM all game every game. Williams and Flint are a good enough CB partnership. I'm not sure what most fans are hoping we'll bring in. What player wants to come to a club bottom of league one on course for a successive relegation, on its 6th manager in 3 years. Taking off the rose tinted glasses, that's what we are.

We aren't going to bring in high calibre players. The best we can hope for are aging journeyman in the ilk of Shorey or Harewood IMO. Who else is going to be attracted by us??

Pack and Reid should be the CM all game every game. Williams and Flint are a good enough CB partnership. I'm not sure what most fans are hoping we'll bring in. What player wants to come to a club bottom of league one on course for a successive relegation, on its 6th manager in 3 years. Taking off the rose tinted glasses, that's what we are.

We aren't going to bring in high calibre players. The best we can hope for are aging journeyman in the ilk of Shorey or Harewood IMO. Who else is going to be attracted by us??

Reid struggles after 70 minutes, so all game every game might be pushing it a bit. We're crying out for a Tommy Docherty type player IMO, someone to break things up and let the more talented players do their thing.

Reid struggles after 70 minutes, so all game every game might be pushing it a bit. We're crying out for a Tommy Docherty type player IMO, someone to break things up and let the more talented players do their thing.

I agree, but I'm not sure those sort of players even exist anymore. Arguably Shaun Derry was the last one outside the prem. Skuse did the unseen 'dirty work' extremely well but was berated for being a boring player, and is now playing 90 mins every game and raved about at a solid Championship side

Hate to think who cotterill might bring in... Doesn't come across as a manager with a great range of contacts. Harry redknapp maybe his best but I four qpr have any decent young players they could send our way

I would hope that Steve Cotterill will be on the 'phone to various premiership clubs for their surplus players. Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Southampton and Aston Villa are usually good hunting grounds. We got Caulker from Spurs, Scott Murray from Villa and Cole from Arsenal.

We should be looking at third division players starring for teams near the bottom of the league and   looking to move up , oh no wait  :argh:

Seriously i'd be tempted to bring in lower league "stars" who are ambitious (i know but the potential is there ,we are a comatose giant ! ) and who would bust a gut to be successful not powder puff wrapped up in cotton wool premier starlets .We need battlers not bottlers.

I agree, but I'm not sure those sort of players even exist anymore. Arguably Shaun Derry was the last one outside the prem. Skuse did the unseen 'dirty work' extremely well but was berated for being a boring player, and is now playing 90 mins every game and raved about at a solid Championship side

Jordan Wynter will do the role if given a chance, still early days for him though.

I'm desperate to see Jordan wynter given a chance. Comes from good pedigree and is of the age where he could really kick on and be a great player if given the chance. I fear he is one who will leave due to lack of opportunity and end up being a great player else where. At te very least he should be a squad player with regular appearances off the bench. I fear wasters like Elliot and pointless loans like gillett are hindering his progress

I think Kelly could do that role when he is back fit. I think he has been a huge miss for us this season. One of the very few good things McInnes did.

I also think Wynter would be able to if given a chance.

Jordan Wynter will do the role if given a chance, still early days for him though.

Not sure about him yet Glyn, I watched him against a very crap Cinderford Town the other night. He'll take the safe option all day long if you let him, chose to offload sideways and backwards. This is fine if played further up the field, but these were balls in our defensive third, a very dangerous game when teams are pressing on to you.

He has talent, but I think he's one of those that needs a rocket up his arse to get more out of him. Very much plays within himself.

Not sure about him yet Glyn, I watched him against a very crap Cinderford Town the other night. He'll take the safe option all day long if you let him, chose to offload sideways and backwards. This is fine if played further up the field, but these were balls in our defensive third, a very dangerous game when teams are pressing on to you.

He has talent, but I think he's one of those that needs a rocket up his arse to get more out of him. Very much plays within himself.

Yes i have the same fear,

Its not just SC who has left him out, After early appearances SOD left him out as well.

He needs to show more desire and cold nights at Cinderford are the moments you have to show.

The boss was watching and has to go down as a missed opportunity.

I note wynter has a good following on here from posters i respect as well, but he has to take the bull by the horn now with a new gaffer in charge and leave everything on the pitch.

On tuesday unfortunately he didnt,so we cant criticise the boss for leaving him out.

There were others on the pitch that night who have forced a position on the bench ahead of him.

I like Jordan, but as you have said, he needs a bullet up the proverbial !

Fair do's mate, I've not seen much of him but thought he looked composed on the ball for a youngster. Maybe SC will be the man to deliver the rocket and get more out of him.

Ah yes, March. When Horace wakes up and Steve gets his marching orders...

6 does seem a lot. Factor in the departures of Killa, Fonts, McLaughlin, O'Connor & potentially Shorey & Gillett we will without doubt need recruits.

Need to be careful though and not go down the road of clogging up the squad again though.

I think a winger is a must. Ideally one that can play either side but it depends on where he thinks Burns can feature. 

Possibly another striker and a left back and perhaps a midfielder on loan? I think we are short of leaders big time. Tough call and I am intrigued to see what work he does in the market.

Makes me wonder why money was not made available to SOD during the summer

Money not made available to SOD?

What about Aden Flint and Marlon Pack - weren't they both 6-figure transfer fees (an amount of money that three quarters of the managers in this league would bite your arm off to spend)?

What about Fielding, Williams, Wagstaff, JET, Parish, Harewood and Shorey? Did they come on zero wages?

Most of the players SOD brought in have underperformed woefully. I don't buy the argument he wasn't supported financially.

Well with only 46% of our wage budget meeting used and hopefully Fontaine and Kilkenny off our books soon he should be able to strengthen the team. Makes me wonder why money was not made available to SOD during the summer.. Seems like the club were being far too cautious, impacting on the calibre of player we could bring in...

Just hope we do not get sucked into paying inflated January prices.

Scarily so! The cloth at Ashton Gate was cut way too aggressively and has potentially pushed us straight down a division.

We are not in a bargaining position so it's almost inevitable that we will be paying over the odds. 

Archived