IGNORED

Questions For The Board On U-Turn & Taking Responsibility

The Exiled Robin

Just thought I'd bump this after another impressive, to my mind, press conference from SC. I know it's early days and it would be crazy to assume all is now rosy results wise, but I do detect more substance to this upturn of form than the alleged sea-change in the 7 games prior to SOD's dismissal.  The main point though, and the substance of the blog, was the contention that the whole strategy had been overthrown, willy-nilly and that we had all been misled.  Well, a few weeks in and Shorey and Harewood have gone, Burns and Wynter have been recalled into the 1st team squad, funds released, underlying structure still in tact.  As the manager's principle engagement with the 'strategy' is in connection with the playing staff, I'd say the '5 pillars' look stronger than ever.     

Just thought I'd bump this after another impressive, to my mind, press conference from SC. I know it's early days and it would be crazy to assume all is now rosy results wise, but I do detect more substance to this upturn of form than the alleged sea-change in the 7 games prior to SOD's dismissal.  The main point though, and the substance of the blog, was the contention that the whole strategy had been overthrown, willy-nilly and that we had all been misled.  Well, a few weeks in and Shorey and Harewood have gone, Burns and Wynter have been recalled into the 1st team squad, funds released, underlying structure still in tact.  As the manager's principle engagement with the 'strategy' is in connection with the playing staff, I'd say the '5 pillars' look stronger than ever.     

Up to now, I'd certainly agree with that, but let's see who Steve brings in during January.

Just thought I'd bump this after another impressive, to my mind, press conference from SC. I know it's early days and it would be crazy to assume all is now rosy results wise, but I do detect more substance to this upturn of form than the alleged sea-change in the 7 games prior to SOD's dismissal. The main point though, and the substance of the blog, was the contention that the whole strategy had been overthrown, willy-nilly and that we had all been misled. Well, a few weeks in and Shorey and Harewood have gone, Burns and Wynter have been recalled into the 1st team squad, funds released, underlying structure still in tact. As the manager's principle engagement with the 'strategy' is in connection with the playing staff, I'd say the '5 pillars' look stronger than ever.

Board back in again ?

I hope so ,i really do.

Just thought I'd bump this after another impressive, to my mind, press conference from SC. I know it's early days and it would be crazy to assume all is now rosy results wise, but I do detect more substance to this upturn of form than the alleged sea-change in the 7 games prior to SOD's dismissal. The main point though, and the substance of the blog, was the contention that the whole strategy had been overthrown, willy-nilly and that we had all been misled. Well, a few weeks in and Shorey and Harewood have gone, Burns and Wynter have been recalled into the 1st team squad, funds released, underlying structure still in tact. As the manager's principle engagement with the 'strategy' is in connection with the playing staff, I'd say the '5 pillars' look stronger than ever.

Good post, and worth the 'bump'!

January is definitely going to be a big month, and the task for SC is huge.

On the results side it seems that a bit of confidence is starting to return and that's crucial. But we have a tough few games coming up.

On the playing staff, it's going to be a lot harder to attract players in Jan than it was last summer: struggling club, relegation battle etc etc. I hope you're right and we stick to our principles, and I think we will. Burt, Pemberton are still there, SC definitely seems up for it.

Along the way we'll lose a game or two, we will probably sign someone over 24, but let's not over-react! I agree with you that SC has impressed enough to get everyone onside and to believe that we are not in for another year of complete upheaval.

Can put a spin on this to be fair. Wynter was already in and around the first team until injured under SOD, and Burns has only really had 1 meaningful appearance. He had a fair few at the back end of last season. Shorey was no doubt a goner anyway and Harewood was only brought in to help around with the youngsters and he seemed to be a massive favourite of the likes of Wynter/Burns/Bryan. Heard that the players saw him as an older brother and called him "uncle Marlon" over twitter. IMO letting Harewood go is a weird one as we're low on strikers as it is and I can't see him hurting the wage bill at this stage of his career.

Archived