IGNORED

Baldock Missed Chances

BristolGFXCity

It's not biased in any way, it's there in black and white, and completely indisputable.

Players like Flint have been absolutely hammered on here for the odd mistake that has cost us goals.

How is a striker missing a succession of easy chances any different?

His misses have just as surely cost City goals and points, and it's happening very regularly so it's absolutely right and proper that this should be pointed out and that he faces similar criticism.

We can all forgive the occasional bad miss, but Baldock's rate of missing has gone beyond a joke.

Not biased?  Maybe Harry could have listed the 11 goals that Baldock has scored in between all the misses?  

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the goals he has set up in between all the misses?

Not biased?  Maybe Harry could have listed the speculative 30 yarders from midfield players who have not scored a goal like that in their career?

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the other top class strikers that Baldock is keeping out of the team with his jokey misses?

It's pure nonsense.

11 goals scored. Them's the facts.

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the 11 goals that Baldock has scored in between all the misses?

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the goals he has set up in between all the misses?

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the speculative 30 yarders from midfield players who have not scored a goal like that in their career?

Not biased? Maybe Harry could have listed the other top class strikers that Baldock is keeping out of the team with his jokey misses?

It's pure nonsense.

Not biased? Try quoting someone who agrees with Harry who isn't Harry.

Reality is, Baldock needs far too many chances before he scores at the moment.

Not biased? Try quoting someone who agrees with Harry who isn't Harry.

OK, I'll redress my bias.

Although there is no evidence to back that statement up.  I assume you think the 12 players who have scored more goals need less chances?

Like JET for example who has scored some screamers but also put the ball into Row Z on numerous occasions...

Although there is no evidence to back that statement up.  I assume you think the 12 players who have scored more goals need less chances?

Like JET for example who has scored some screamers but also put the ball into Row Z on numerous occasions...

Regardless of Baldock's quality, trying to make his goalscoring record look better by comparing him to Taylor and Harewood is not an argument.

If he was consistent he wouldn't be up front for us, currently.

I've always thought he's an intelligent footballer ie/can read the game aptly enough to get into goal scoring positions, but lacks the essential motor skills to enable his body to do what his head is instructing him to with the actual ball.

If you get me.

Totally agree, you ******* people need to wind it in. He's contributing a goal every two odd games the kind strike rate we need in this league to do anything. Misses some chances yes, but if he took them all he wouldn't be playing for ******* Bristol City would he.

Really pisses me off this kind of thread, slamming our match winner, I'm more than happy with his return to date, keep it up Sam and shut down this unesecarry noise.

People just like having someone to moan about.

It's amusing how the scanner and ticketing story always reappears after a win.

You actually compiled a list of his chances spurned!!!, blimey that's scary.

Was thinking exactly the same.................... :fear: 

You actually compiled a list of his chances spurned!!!, blimey that's scary.

Ha ha, yeah, I can be a little sad at times (or scary, if you prefer!) :shocking:

I just like to put my points across as evidential, rather than conjectural.

Not biased?  Maybe Harry could have listed the 11 goals that Baldock has scored in between all the misses?  

Not biased?  Maybe Harry could have listed the speculative 30 yarders from midfield players who have not scored a goal like that in their career?

It's pure nonsense.

There is no bias in my post - just facts.

You speak of facts at the end of your post, and you are correct, he has scored 11 goals (9 in the league, 2 from penalties and one off his kidney from on the goal line!)

I also speak of facts, and he has missed a glut of gilt-edged chances.  I've listed 20 chances he's had, and I've stated that I'd have been content for him to have scored at least 4 of those - that isn't asking too much really is it!

For the record, I've actually been quite pleased with Baldock's general play this season, his effort has been excellent and he's got himself in great positions.  He just needs to have scored a few more of these excellent chances he's presented with.

As for your rather off track comments about midfielders shooting from 30 yards, I assume you're referring to Pack.  Well, if you look at his goals record at Cheltenham you'll find at least 4 or 5 stunners from outside the box, so to state that he's "never scored a goal like that in his career" is wrong, he's scored about 5.

There is no bias in my post - just facts.

You speak of facts at the end of your post, and you are correct, he has scored 11 goals (9 in the league, 2 from penalties and one off his kidney from on the goal line!)

I also speak of facts, and he has missed a glut of gilt-edged chances.  I've listed 20 chances he's had, and I've stated that I'd have been content for him to have scored at least 4 of those - that isn't asking too much really is it!

For the record, I've actually been quite please with Baldock's general play this season, his effort has been excellent and he's got himself in great positions.  He just needs to have scored a few more of these excellent chances he's presented with.

As for your rather off track comments about midfielders shooting from 30 yards, I assume you're referring to Pack.  Well, if you look at his goals record at Cheltenham you'll find at least 4 or 5 stunners from outside the box, so to state that he's "never scored a goal like that in his career" is wrong, he's scored about 5.

that to me says hes feeling confident having a pop from there. no harm in spreading a bit of that around is there? :thumbsup:

I got told he was a natural goalscorer at the start of the season and got a bit of a bashing when I said he wasn't

A goalscorer will score near enough every one on one and least trouble the keeper, Whenever he has an opportunity (apart from the spot) I don't feel confident

What a ******* twerp you look now, bet you don't even go to games and you're sat at home in your armchair watching uncle Jeff. Pfft.

What a ******* twerp you look now, bet you don't even go to games and you're sat at home in your armchair watching uncle Jeff. Pfft.

I have been and if he missed from 2 ******* yards I'd be livid, Until he scores a one on one I'll keep my stance

I'm there now and been to Carlisle, Seen enough of his misses to make judgement thank you

Archived