IGNORED

Baldock Missed Chances

BristolGFXCity

I did meet Mrs Osman once, years ago, in a Clifton wine bar. Russell's misses was a no-nonsense, domineering sort. Good in the 'air. She didn't take kindly to my tipsy banter with our manager (as he was by this point). Very defensive, she was. It was like Russ still had a Butch partner alongside him. And you think I'm joking with you here, don't you?

Balldocks problem is confidence. Once he regains that confidence he'll achieve the conversion rates people believe he should be attaining. But then I'd say that is the problem of the whole squad with the exception of JET but then I don't think anything would dent JET's confidence.

Balldocks problem is confidence..

...is it any wonder, with "You Do The Dziek" seeing enough of his misses while Sam's at work to put any bloke off their job...

Once he regains that confidence he'll

...probably offer "You Do The Dziek" out in the ground somewhere and try to clunk him one, for seeing enough of his missus to wind up even the mildest of chaps...

. But then I'd say that is the problem of the whole squad with the exception of JET but then I don't think anything would dent JET's confidence.

Are you suggesting "You Do" has seen (enough of) all the other players misses as well? Can't see him being daft enough to try this with JET's missus.

Ffs, "You Do." Thou must not covet the players' misses. Not until relegation has been avoided.

(* If Sammy does offer you out for a one-on-one and takes a swing at you, fingers crossed for you that he misses)

...is it any wonder, with "You Do The Dziek" seeing enough of his misses while Sam's at work to put any bloke off their job...

...probably offer "You Do The Dziek" out in the ground somewhere and try to clunk him one, for seeing enough of his missus to wind up even the mildest of chaps...

Are you suggesting "You Do" has seen (enough of) all the other players misses as well? Can't see him being daft enough to try this with JET's missus.

Ffs, "You Do." Thou must not covet the players' misses. Not until relegation has been avoided.

(* If Sammy does offer you out for a one-on-one and takes a swing at you, fingers crossed for you that he misses)

Maybe that's the problem, I keep going on about his missus which makes him crumble under pressure and he misses because he's thinking of the great Dziek and his missus

I am sorry and sorry to you Sam, I have only had a little check over of your missus and that's as far as it's gone, Gurt lush she is mind ;)

Hopefully you can score one on ones now sammy boy

People are quick to defend Baldock after scoring 12 and setting up 5

People are quick to berate JET after scoring 17 and setting up 8 because he ''doesn't work hard enough''.

Worrying that some fans are happier with someone who runs around a lot and scores/creates less than someone who has the flair to change any game but maybe doesn't do as much off the ball

Personally ill defend both best partership in this division

I don't dispute your facts but I'll maintain my statement that you are massively biased (I love the goal off his kidney comment - we'll take that one off his stats shall we?).

It sounds as if you want a 1 in 5 conversion rate.  I suggest to you that strikers at this level do not remotely meet that rate (you've presumably made a list of all the chances that JET has missed so interested to know his conversion rate...).

And this is exactly where yourself and others are missing the point.  I'm not expecting a 1 in 5 conversion rate at all.  The 20 chances I've listed earlier were all excellent opportunities.  I'd have been content if he'd taken 4 of them.  But these 20 chances were just the clear cut ones.  If you want to add the rest of the shots he's had that weren't clear cut then you'll find that's way over 1 in 5.

I'll make it clear again though.  I like Sam.  I think in general he has played well this season and I really hope he can keep scoring the amount of goals he has done.  BUT - I would have expected him to score a few of the gilt-edged chances he's had.  That is the only criticism.

I think Baldocks problem is he creates too many chances and gets into too many good goalscoring positions and fails to finish a high proportion of them. What we need is a striker who creates less chances but finishes them off thus scoring at a similar rate per game ratio. So we're all singing from the same hymn sheet really folks. Everyone's happy! But pleeeease leave his missus out of it!

I think Baldocks problem is he creates too many chances and gets into too many good goalscoring positions and fails to finish a high proportion of them. What we need is a striker who creates less chances but finishes them off thus scoring at a similar rate per game ratio. So we're all singing from the same hymn sheet really folks. Everyone's happy! But pleeeease leave his missus out of it!

She is fit though, Sorry Sam I might have had more than glance

My opinion of Baldock is that he is not a natural goalscorer...

...however, strikers are (rightly) judged on how many they score, not how many they miss...

...and so far his return is good.

Exactly what me, Harry and many others have been saying, He's not a finisher but gets into positions, For 1.5m I have to admit I thought he'd be better in one on one situations

Archived