IGNORED

Sacking Sod Saved Our Season

NVMal

At last, back to back victories! I always felt the squad were under-performing under SOD and the last couple of games have confirmed that.

Well done to the board for having the balls to take action rather than believing the "all we need is one win to turn the corner" drivel.

Onwards and upwards, well done SC. COYR!

At last, back to back victories! I always felt the squad were under-performing under SOD and the last couple of games have confirmed that.

Well done to the board for having the balls to take action rather than believing the "all we need is one win to turn the corner" drivel.

Onwards and upwards, well done SC. COYR!

Rash and I'll conceived statement there.

We'll never know whether ODriscoll would have turned things around had he not been sacked. He definitely had a tremendous of terrible luck this season and that would have changed at some point.

We'll never know whether ODriscoll would have turned things around had he not been sacked. He definitely had a tremendous of terrible luck this season and that would have changed at some point.

O Drosscoll couldnt motivate the team. He was relentlessly negative, and ALWAYS bigged up the opposition. I doubt very much he would have turned it around. I have no idea why he failed to get the club back on line, but he didnt.

The club seems a much more positive and happy place now he's gone, so lets build on and improve on this start..

It could indeed be an ill conceived statement, cos we sure aint out of the woods, but for the first time in months we look in a far more positive place...

I honestly think we were doomed with SOD at the helm, and terrible luck doesn't last for as long as his awful run did. There was something else clearly not working with either his tactics or communication to the players, and also their duties etc

I'm not pulling SC off just yet, but I think he'll put us back on track and playing like the BCFC side we all know we can be. Onwards & upwards I say.

By the same standard, you can never know if his "terrible luck" would have changed.

Most will suspect the "terrible luck" was failing to realise that his dreadful formations were a mistake and also manifestly failing to motivate his players.

I'm pleased but cautious.  Millen as caretaker, McInnes and O'Driscoll all achieved a short-term boost in results and it faded away.  It's great that we're now set up so that a good January could see us end the month in mid-season but it's a tough set of fixtures and we could just as easily be deeper in the mire.

We'll never know what would or would have happened with SO'D but his reign is history now.  I wish him all the best in his next job but it's both silly and irrelevant to speculate either way on what results we might have achieved in a parallel universe where he remained in charge.  If Cotterill can continue in the vein that he's started I'll be more than happy but we've seen too many false dawns to get excited just yet...

Possession is all well and good, but not if it's mainly in the middle third of the pitch. How many games did we have just 1 effort on target? and even zero?, it would appear that suddenly we are creating chances, perhaps SB's misses are being highlighted because suddenly we are creating chances.

I wasn't there today but - admittedly based purely on the BBC website' match stats - it looks like we dominated possession but only had 4 shots on target but just so happened to score from them.  That's great and I'm not complaining but, on paper, it looks like the ball going in the net from the few shots on target is the only thing that fundamentally changed.  But of course, that's the thing that really matters...

Regression to the mean, or dead cat bounce.

Only time will tell. Wouldn't call us saved after two results though

I never really thought we were in any danger. Sounds much more watchable under Cotterill, though.

Gutted to have missed today. Not just the result, but also Louis' 646th :(

Its much better to watch. I enjoyed the game today. It was not all great, but on the large part I was entertained. Even looked forward to attending. This has become a new experience for me this season, and for large parts of last. I even brought a FA cup ticket. I feel positive about the team I support. Which as a POTD supporter wants to make me return.

You will never find out, will you.

I thought they had just started playing well together, and what SoD was trying to do has just started happening, so for me it was a bizarre time to sack him.

One thing that Cotterill does do with the team, is that he lets the players roam more, and gives them a lot more expressive freedom. This is why, the likes of Reid and Burns will come over leaps and bounds under his management.

You will never find out, will you.

I thought they had just started playing well together, and what SoD was trying to do has just started happening, so for me it was a bizarre time to sack him.

One thing that Cotterill does do with the team, is that he lets the players roam more, and gives them a lot more expressive freedom. This is why, the likes of Reid and Burns will come over leaps and bounds under his management.

You weren't at the Sheff U game, I take it? They played as if they'd never been formally introduced.

Archived