IGNORED

Sacking Sod Saved Our Season

NVMal

Notts County were awful but we didn't beat them.

We all need to keep our feet on the ground but enjoy it for as long as the wins keep coming.

I agree with your last line, but as for the first one, you can't compare getting 1 point away to getting 0 at home.

Clearly Sheffield U was when the board made their mind up. As I left that game, I was sure we'd be playing in L2 next season. Now I think there's a very good chance we won't be.

But as you say, let's just keep ourselves anchored and enjoy the good times.

I don't agree: they were awful to watch - but they came for a 0-0, and they were far better organised defensively, and didn't make mistakes, the way Stevenage did today.

With a true believer like you, nothing can ever be the way the rest of us see it.

A poor home defeat under SOD to a crap team was because they were "organised" whereas a good home win under SC is just down to the opposition's "mistakes".  :grr:

The players do seem a lot more positive in their play and seem to be playing with more freedom. They look like they are enjoying themselves not just turning up and running around looking confused and unsupported. They are playing as a team now and seem to have belief and are mentally stronger. That can only be good.

Sometimes you just need to do the same things differently, or have someone different doing them, for it to click. It's very early days but it appears Cotterill has managed to convince them they can do it and remove some of the negativity smothering the club. That in itself is quite an achievement when you think about it.

It does worry me a bit that they had 20 shots today and Parish made several good saves. I know a lot were from Freeman and I haven't seen anyone as good as him this season, but still a concern.

The reason for this today was our lack of fitness. SOD's approach to pre-season where he stated he was going to work on pass & movement rather than the traditional leg work was a disaster waiting to happen. It is at this time of the season where games come thick and fast where the pre season prep work pays off. This is why i believe we struggled second half today. However good performance and let's enjoy it as in 2013 they have been few and far between.

Let's not get too carried away yet fellas. Two huge wins but Stevenage were so poor.

Looks to me as if though SC has a system that is working. Good stuff.

Don't think that they were poor. Carried a threat going forward, although they were poor defensively. Nowhere near the worst team to visit the gate this year, that award goes to Crawley who carried absolutely no threat whatsoever.

Dont like the thread as its not needed and can not be proven. That said I am happy with the turn around and results and hope it continues. I really believe a corner was turned against Orient but can buy into that SC has brought some smiles and belief in the team. I still think SOD is a fantastic coach but he was a boring old fart in his interviews and can see that this could have rubbed off on the team. Maybe Sc and SOD which forest had,could have been the dream ticket. For me I am happy with the wins and hope it continues

At last, back to back victories! I always felt the squad were under-performing under SOD and the last couple of games have confirmed that.

Well done to the board for having the balls to take action rather than believing the "all we need is one win to turn the corner" drivel.

Onwards and upwards, well done SC. COYR!

.?...let's see where January takes us..four out of the next five league games away,including Brentford,Wolves and Leyton o...a very tough month for us indeed-keep your feet firmly on the ground for now.

With a true believer like you, nothing can ever be the way the rest of us see it.

A poor home defeat under SOD to a crap team was because they were "organised" whereas a good home win under SC is just down to the opposition's "mistakes".  :grr:

A true believer only in BCFC, RR, - and whoever is the manager. What I don't get is the need to see everything in black and white, and to frame everything by the name of a manager. Yes, great result today - but that wasn't down to SOD not being our manager, as the thread title seems to suggest. And equally, its not as simple as 'we beat a crap team today under SC and we lost to a crap team Sheff U under SOD'. All I'm trying to say is that they were two completely different scenarios - Sheff U were not crap at defending, they did it well. And Stevenage - to quote another thread - 'defended like children', but were actually pretty good going forward. So, no comparison at all really.

Don't think that they were poor. Carried a threat going forward, although they were poor defensively. Nowhere near the worst team to visit the gate this year, that award goes to Crawley who carried absolutely no threat whatsoever.

Crikey I forgot about Crawley. Very poor side indeed.

I agree with your last line, but as for the first one, you can't compare getting 1 point away to getting 0 at home.

Clearly Sheffield U was when the board made their mind up. As I left that game, I was sure we'd be playing in L2 next season. Now I think there's a very good chance we won't be.

But as you say, let's just keep ourselves anchored and enjoy the good times.

No true. Poor comparison.

Certainly need to remain grounded

When you add Colchester and Shrewsbury to the list it shows just how frustrating it is the needless points we have dropped this season and how crap we really have been.

Rash and I'll conceived statement there.

We'll never know whether ODriscoll would have turned things around had he not been sacked. He definitely had a tremendous of terrible luck this season and that would have changed at some point.

SOD was taking us down. Belatedly good decision by the board. Anyone that bought into the transition rubbish seriously deluded.

SOD was taking us down. Belatedly good decision by the board. Anyone that bought into the transition rubbish seriously deluded.

There's no such thing as a transition period - football is always changing in tiny ways. Everything is always in transition.

Managers use this to try and gain time - its becoming the number one sound bite for the manager that hasn't been able to turn around the club they have joined.

The reason for this today was our lack of fitness. SOD's approach to pre-season where he stated he was going to work on pass & movement rather than the traditional leg work was a disaster waiting to happen. It is at this time of the season where games come thick and fast where the pre season prep work pays off. This is why i believe we struggled second half today. However good performance and let's enjoy it as in 2013 they have been few and far between.[/

Or is it ?

Looking back, we had some very good results when McInnes took over for a while, and a good run of home wins when So'D started. Players always try harder under a new manager so we'll have to wait and see. Things had started to improve (particularly with the defence) before SC arrived, so I'm reasonably optimistic we'll escape relegation (just). However some difficult games in January so we might slip back for a while, hope everybody's still happy then!

Archived