IGNORED

"and Oh My Word He's Running Rings Around People"

The dastardly red

Interesting comments about JET on SC's player interview. The fact he doesn't yet know if Baldock and JET can be a partnership and questions wether JET can do the role he is asking him to do as 'there are no free roles in my team'.

While SC praised JET for his goals, he stopped short of praising his workrate which may, IMHO, point to an issue (hopefully not) but JET is JET!

I think it's scary how many retards we've got in our fanbase.

Far too many people seem to just want a bunch of triers running about for 90 minutes and can't see how lucky they are to be able to watch one of the most naturally talented players to pull on a City shirt in decades  :facepalm:

i had a pair behind me doing exactly the same, except they wanted him subbed as he hadnt done anything ???.think they need glasses,he was a class of his own today,winning the long balls sent his way,flicking delightful balls here and there etc, all i could hear was 'waste of space' 'not one shot today' 'swap him for burns' then when he knocked his first goal in,i lost it,turned round and politely screamed 'what was that you were saying' in their faces.

ok,some of his ideas went straight at their defence but on another day,the balls would have put someone through on goal..

have to admire his composure too,when one of theirs climbed right over him hurting his head without even a free kick he just shook himself down and got on with it.

i had a pair behind me doing exactly the same, except they wanted him subbed as he hadnt done anything ???.think they need glasses,he was a class of his own today,winning the long balls sent his way,flicking delightful balls here and there etc, all i could hear was 'waste of space' 'not one shot today' 'swap him for burns' then when he knocked his first goal in,i lost it,turned round and politely screamed 'what was that you were saying' in their faces.

ok,some of his ideas went straight at their defence but on another day,the balls would have put someone through on goal..

have to admire his composure too,when one of theirs climbed right over him hurting his head without even a free kick he just shook himself down and got on with it.

Sometimes it makes you think that we get the club the supporters deserve and maybe we've got too many 'supporters' like the ones we've mentioned.  

Players like JET just aren't appreciated enough in this country and it makes you wonder if he'd be better off going abroad.  Hopefully he'll stay with us though, because he's like a breath of fresh air, compared with the procession of talentless journeymen we've paid good money for over the years, who'd struggle to trap a bag of cement!

There's always a chance of JET performing some magic that can change a game.  I've said it before, but I rate JET as a much more effective version of Jackie, who while being great to watch, had far less end product than JET.

How we can even have this thread about a player who by mid season has scored 17 goals and with a massive number of assists, in a side who have spent most of that time in the relegation places frankly defies belief!!!

"He's got to go" - the words of some ******* moronic day tripper behind me just before he scored.

Honestly I think there are substantial proportion of our fanbase that just don't deserve to watch him.

About as bad as the clowns near me groaning 'FORWARRRD' when we kept the ball eventually scoring a sublime move for our opening goal.

Numbskulls the lot of them.

i also dont get the idle wandering about bit either,he was sprinting from one side of the pitch to the other most of the match closing stevenage down in their own half, it does look frustrating when he runs at defence and loses the ball but if there is nobody else going forward to pass to,what can he do,other than go backwards.

ive only been to 5 games this season but ive seen what he can do,the second goal from block e in the dolman looked an absolute blinder,how many were trying to block him,was that 3? he still calmly cut inside and unleashed that left foot shot he has that no one can stop

Thought Cotterill summed it up well in his interview, would have put Cunningham and Baldock in front as man of the match today along with Freeman for them.

JET seems to get a massive pace injection as soon as he gets the ball, as Cotterill says a great player when he runs (spot on).

Mick McCartney's quote at Ipswich 'one minute he is a world beater the next a panel beater'.

Would love him to stay but will be gone in January IMO.

Will have to have a massive increase in work rate to be a prem player, got the ability mind!

He is one of  the most  natural gifted players I have ever seen ware the red shirt, if not the best.  Yes and I watched both Andy Cole and Jackie, I would say he is better.  I couldn't care less what some think his short comings are.  He is the bloody heart beat of that team.  Far too good for this Division.  He puts the fear of god into any team we play against.  Players back off from him.  Players around him  are not able to react to what he wants to do, many times today I saw him looking to play a ball which he couldn't due to other players lack of quick thinking and movement.    City seem to have there fair share of supporters who would moan and grown about anything.  How on earth can you moan about this guy.  We are lucky to have him.  Its been  great watching this guy play.  I for one will miss him when he is no longer with us.       

His vision, touch , awareness and pass for our second was sublime, simply a joy.

I loved John Stead for the work ethic but I did not bemoan Hus lack of talent. I do not expect the same of Jet, in fact I don't know what what to expect when he gets the ball and god I love that feeling.

Aren't we lucky?

His vision, touch , awareness and pass for our second was sublime, simply a joy.

I loved John Stead for the work ethic but I did not bemoan Hus lack of talent. I do not expect the same of Jet, in fact I don't know what what to expect when he gets the ball and god I love that feeling.

Aren't we lucky?

Very true.

All those bemoaning what JET doesn't do, would do well to remember Joni Mitchell's words " you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone".

Tony Thorpe was this divisive, a lazy sod, but knew where the net was, if JET ends up with a record like Thorpes we won't be going down.

Tony Thorpe was lazy, he wasn't anything more than a natural goal scorer, JET, he's got so much going for him, he can get you a goal out of nothing. His value to us this season is immeasurable, we'd be rooted to the bottom of the table with at a conservative guess, 10 points less.

Just prior to his major influence on the game (goals), I was saying and people were agreeing, that he was having a poor game by his standards. He'd lost the ball several times through being greedy, misplaced or dropped short some passes and had been well shackled by the stevenage defence/midfield. He then popped up and shoved our words and thoughts down our big mouths. Such a sublime player who without doubt, is a pleasure and privilage to watch. 

The thing is JET was quiet for most of the game today, I've not been one of his critics by any measure this season, in fact I've been defending him half the time but today's performance summed him up I felt, large parts of the game he did nothing- just winning a few headers here and there, wasted the ball quite a lot, I think there was 3 or 4 occasions where he ran at some players and gave Stevenage the ball and several others when his passes were too heavy etc. but when he did something and it worked we scored, I really hope we can keep him until the end of the season and if we push on up the table (a big if, I know) extend his contract a bit

• Admin

Tony Thorpe was this divisive, a lazy sod, but knew where the net was, if JET ends up with a record like Thorpes we won't be going down.

He's already got a record like Thorpe's. TT wasn't the 20-goal-a-season striker he was made out to be. As pointed out on many occasions by The Incider,

• Admin

He's already got a record like Thorpe's. TT wasn't the 20-goal-a-season striker he was made out to be. As pointed out on many occasions by The Incider,

He was never a favourite of mine, but he did score 62 goals in 122 starts (total apps 151), so whilst he might not have achieved 20 a season, he still had an impressive scoring rate.

My point was that Thorpe caused a lot of debate and division, due to the fact that 'all he did' was score. Just highlighting the similarity between some of the views expressed about JET and those that Thorpe engendered.

The bloke next to me continually criticised JET in both games over Xmas. His complaint is the usual one of idleness and lack of effort. He pointed out JET ambling around the centre circle whilst his team mates worked all around him. This was after he'd had an assist in Baldocks goal and had been involved in the first goals build up.

Then JET gets on the end of Baldocks cross to score and essentially kill the game off before scoring his terrific second goal. He then almost nicked a hat trick with a header.

The bloke celebrated both goals but then carried on moaning about JETs lack of effort.

To make things worse this bloke rated Jacki as the most skillful player he'd seen in a City shirt. Jacki who was lazier than JET and scored 7 goals during his entire City career.

Talk about one eyed.....

The bloke next to me continually criticised JET in both games over Xmas. His complaint is the usual one of idleness and lack of effort. He pointed out JET ambling around the centre circle whilst his team mates worked all around him. This was after he'd had an assist in Baldocks goal and had been involved in the first goals build up.

Then JET gets on the end of Baldocks cross to score and essentially kill the game off before scoring his terrific second goal. He then almost nicked a hat trick with a header.

The bloke celebrated both goals but then carried on moaning about JETs lack of effort.

To make things worse this bloke rated Jacki as the most skillful player he'd seen in a City shirt. Jacki who was lazier than JET and scored 7 goals during his entire City career.

Talk about one eyed.....

One eyed trouser snake .

He can be both incredibly frustrating and brilliantly unplayable in just a matter of minutes. Gives the ball away trying to dribble past three defenders, then in the next moment a clever side step and a goal bound shot, or a pass on a plate to be tucked away.

If Cotterill can get him to improve where he is a bit lacking and perhaps release the ball more often when several team mates have all charged up the pitch in support, but still retaining the amazing individual technical skill he has, then we will surely have the best player in the league.

There are many examples of a team's star player having to be discarded to make the team play better as a whole. JET does what he does, and yesterday was a prime example. He lost the ball on countless occasions, rarely won the ball in the air or exceeded walking pace, but scored twice and provided an assist. I still maintain we played better without him in the last 25 minutes against Walsall, and I understand why fans moan about him, but his scoring rate more than compensates. However, without the goals (as at Ipswich) I imagine he could drive a manager mad. Poor comparison with Jacki though. Jacki was just an arrogant showboater who didn't give a stuff about the team. One of the worst signings we ever made.

Archived