IGNORED

Getting Into The Gate ..

swampy

Worked perfectly for me, although I was there around 2 pm

This is exactly right, but then you get the people that rock up there at 14:55 and expect to buy, gain entry and be sat down by the time the players exit the tunnel.

The system works its that simple (Most of the time) but if your going to push it as in the example ive used above, then expect issues and not much sympathy on here.

And aizon if you and your crazy spiky m8 cant be arsed to move with the times then well hey ho its no great loss, and Tom is correct over the past season or so you have turned into a biter and twisted old man, that seems would rather sit on here with that other lonny tunes "The right hounorable what ever he calls himself" destroying everyones threads with your bullshit.!

Cheers

Mark

This is exactly right, but then you get the people that rock up there at 14:55 and expect to buy, gain entry and be sat down by the time the players exit the tunnel.

The system works its that simple (Most of the time) but if your going to push it as in the example ive used above, then expect issues and not much sympathy on here.

And aizon if you and your crazy spiky m8 cant be arsed to move with the times then well hey ho its no great loss, and Tom is correct over the past season or so you have turned into a biter and twisted old man, that seems would rather sit on here with that other lonny tunes "The right hounorable what ever he calls himself" destroying everyones threads with your bullshit.!

Cheers

Mark

I love you too, Mark. I'm not sure why you think I'm a biter, though. That's more Horace's thing...

And I do keep up with the times. I prefer to buy tickets in advance and schedule my Saturday afternoons to be free of other engagements. A pity, then, that the club insists on rescheduling fixtures because it's bench-warmers are playing for North Korea :(

Cheers

Mark

If you want to be seated by kickoff it's best to start queuing 20 minutes before kickoff. What usually happens is that you will stand in a queue for 15 minutes before security panic and then wave everybody through with a visual inspection. It's completely ignorant to blame the ticketing issues of this season on the assumption that fans are all arriving with 5 minutes to spare. Imagine how bad it would be if we had capacity crowds.

If moving with the times involves a transaction that takes 30 minutes longer than previously to buy the same product then, commercially, that's the road to oblivion.

The traditional fan wants a pint before the match in a place of his choice. He doesn't want to watch the pre match entertainment of a few kids chasing a ball around somewhere in the distance or stand in x2 queues that ain't moving. He expects that if he turns up 20 to 30 minutes before kick off to get in the ground before half time.

The Club just don't get it I fear. .... which, in part, is why crowds are dwindling.

Incompetence of the first order unless there's an ulterior motive of them wanting to alienate the traditional fan and wanting only those who are happy to buy horrendously priced coffees and prawn sarnies from the concessions to attend.

Why is turnstile payment an issue.

Worked for years and many clubs still no doubt use it, basically what your saying is the club don't trust their own staff?

I'm not saying it would happen again, only explaining why they stopped doing it in the first place.

I find that I've got my Saturday afternoon free, so I'll POTD at the Gate. I discover that the ticketing is so inefficient that I have to turn up at 2 pm to avoid the queues, and then I'm stuck with watching the pre-match "entertainment" for an hour.

Never mind, I'll have a pint in the DEH before the kick off... No, I bloody won't because that's for season ticket holders only :(

You really couldn't make it up as a means of discouraging POTD fans and, if you're a smug ST holder, don't forget that 90% of today's ST holders started as POTD.

I'm not saying it would happen again, only explaining why they stopped doing it in the first place.

Are you sure it's not more to do with having everybody's name, address, e-mail, credit card details, blood group and DNA profile?

And I do keep up with the times. I prefer to buy tickets in advance and schedule my Saturday afternoons to be free of other engagements. A pity, then, that the club insists on rescheduling fixtures because it's bench-warmers are playing for North Korea :(

But you don't bite back...

We had a perfectly good system in place, where you bought your cup ticket online and it was automatically added to your season card.  Anyone know why this has been discontinued?  

My only thought is we've had to live within our means and buy a cheaper system.  It's a bleedin nuisance having to turn up early and stand in a long, slow moving queue, sometimes in the pouring rain to collect a ticket you've already paid for online, rather than walk straight up to the turnstile.  Certainly isn't what I'd term as progress and it's got to have a negative effect on the gates.

We had a perfectly good system in place, where you bought your cup ticket online and it was automatically added to your season card. Anyone know why this has been discontinued?

My only thought is we've had to live within our means and buy a cheaper system. It's a bleedin nuisance having to turn up early and stand in a long, slow moving queue, sometimes in the pouring rain to collect a ticket you've already paid for online, rather than walk straight up to the turnstile. Certainly isn't what I'd term as progress and it's got to have a negative effect on the gates.

I don't have a clue why they changed that. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It was so much easier buying a ticket and either putting it on the season/member card or printing the ticket off. Really does seem like an amateur move from the club to stop this.

Today was a joke to be honest. The que pretty much filled the car park for those collecting tickets.

I don't have a clue why they changed that. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It was so much easier buying a ticket and either putting it on the season/member card or printing the ticket off. Really does seem like an amateur move from the club to stop this.

Today was a joke to be honest. The que pretty much filled the car park for those collecting tickets.

Why does anything get changed for tge worse... it is obvious... Management Information. MI is the cause of most processes becoming worse.

Why does anything get changed for tge worse... it is obvious... Management Information. MI is the cause of most processes becoming worse.

Surely there has to be a more effective way than everyone queuing from the wedlock away entrance right up to the club shop? Made even worse today by it pissing down. I was there early enough so it didn't effect me but it was a shambles.

Surely there has to be a more effective way than everyone queuing from the wedlock away entrance right up to the club shop? Made even worse today by it pissing down. I was there early enough so it didn't effect me but it was a shambles.

Of course there is. But it involves losing statistics. Not that they don't lose them when stewards open the gates and usher everyone through when the shit hits the fan.

Progress eh?

I arrived with 15 minutes to spare, stood in the (fast-moving, if a bit soggy) queue from down by the away turnstiles, and was still in by kick-off.

It wasn't ideal but calling it a shambles is massively overdoing it.

Compared to what it was and what it is now it is a shambles. Not even a thought of opening another ticket collection point?

I dread to think what would have happened had there been a bigger turn out. They clearly didn't prepare for the amount today.

Firstly the change of system was forced on the club by the previous supplier going bust. It was not cost cutting by the club.

Secondly, buying tickets at the turnstile would be great for the potd fan but not so hot for ticket holders stuck in the queue behind them as change is sorted out or a credit card is processed.

Thirdly, it is a little unfair to complain at the club losing money every season but still expect it to employ an army of ticket sellers and stewards to accomodate a spike in arrivals between 230 and 3pm. We have the choice to arrive a little early or to purchase in advance.

Fourthly, while I get it that choosing to rock up and buy a ticket at 230 on a matchday is not a queue free experience lets remember that the numbers of potd customers are seldom more than a few hundred. This compares to more than 9000 who arrive with tickets already on them and for whom the need to enter smoothly is perhaps a greater priority in the scale of things.

For a capacity game in the cup I am Confident the club would take on extra agency staff while most fans would accept that it would take longer to get in.

Just another thought that is all.

I appreciate that this wouldn't apply to everyone, but those who knew they were coming to the cup game and purchased their ticket before the Stevenage game, could have collected their ticket then, without any queue at all. Provided of course they were able to get to that game.

I have to say that I think the ticketing at the club is fine.

I can only speak for personal experience. I book mine online on the weds each time, select to pick it up, go into the cabin about 2.15 - pick it up with minimal fuss and boom.

The club and process has always been excellent.

Of course if you arrive to a venue 15 mins before kick off, expect to stroll up like its Pucklechurch post office and walk straight in, then you'll be disappointed.

Secondly, buying tickets at the turnstile would be great for the potd fan but not so hot for ticket holders stuck in the queue behind them as change is sorted out or a credit card is processed.

In the olden days when there were no electronic systems City had separate turnstiles for ticket holders and POTD. It was simple and it worked. Far too simple and workable for today's modern technology!

In the olden days when there were no electronic systems City had separate turnstiles for ticket holders and POTD. It was simple and it worked. Far too simple and workable for today's modern technology!

I can only go by stories and stats given I wasn't around but my father and grandfather often mentioned delayed kick offs.

Can't have been that well run? Plus safety was a bit all over the show wasn't it?

I can only go by stories and stats given I wasn't around but my father and grandfather often mentioned delayed kick offs.

Can't have been that well run? Plus safety was a bit all over the show wasn't it?

it's very difficult to compare matches today with those in the past for various reasons. I can remember queues in the 70s but that was because City had bigger gates due to being in Division 1. Big cup matches also generate big queues. A big problem in those days was there was no internet so it was difficult to buy tickets in advance unless you went to the ground. This meant most non season ticket holders were POTD.

When it was run of the mill matches with a crowd similar to what we're getting now it wasn't a problem. In those days I didn't have a season and often decided to go to a match at the last minute. It was no problem to turn up with 30 minutes before k o and get in with no problem. If I didn't now have a season ticket I wouldn't bother to go at the last minute. Far too difficult

it's very difficult to compare matches today with those in the past for various reasons. I can remember queues in the 70s but that was because City had bigger gates due to being in Division 1. Big cup matches also generate big queues. A big problem in those days was there was no internet so it was difficult to buy tickets in advance unless you went to the ground. This meant most non season ticket holders were POTD.

When it was run of the mill matches with a crowd similar to what we're getting now it wasn't a problem. In those days I didn't have a season and often decided to go to a match at the last minute. It was no problem to turn up with 30 minutes before k o and get in with no problem. If I didn't now have a season ticket I wouldn't bother to go at the last minute. Far too difficult

It was always worse in the evenings because people arrived later after work and evening meal and because there always seemed to be fewer gatemen.

I have to say that I think the ticketing at the club is fine.

I can only speak for personal experience. I book mine online on the weds each time, select to pick it up, go into the cabin about 2.15 - pick it up with minimal fuss and boom.

The club and process has always been excellent.

Of course if you arrive to a venue 15 mins before kick off, expect to stroll up like its Pucklechurch post office and walk straight in, then you'll be disappointed.

So what do you do for 45 minutes - enjoy the pre-match entertainment?

And Pucklechurch post office is a nightmare on pension day and on road license renewal day :(

Firstly the change of system was forced on the club by the previous supplier going bust. It was not cost cutting by the club.

Thirdly, it is a little unfair to complain at the club losing money every season but still expect it to employ an army of ticket sellers and stewards to accomodate a spike in arrivals between 230 and 3pm. We have the choice to arrive a little early or to purchase in advance.

Fourthly, while I get it that choosing to rock up and buy a ticket at 230 on a matchday is not a queue free experience lets remember that the numbers of potd customers are seldom more than a few hundred. This compares to more than 9000 who arrive with tickets already on them and for whom the need to enter smoothly is perhaps a greater priority in the scale of things.

For a capacity game in the cup I am Confident the club would take on extra agency staff while most fans would accept that it would take longer to get in.

Most other clubs still use the season card/membership card option being able to buy and upload it to either of those. Even if the supplier the club were using went bust they could easily have found another. We didn't even get an explanation as to why this wasn't an option? It does make you wonder if it was a cost cutting measure when there is so little communication on the issue.

I am not one for moaning about the club and have rarely questioned the clubs ideas and ways of doing things but I find the change a little amateur and not particularly forward thinking.

Archived