IGNORED

Gas Dream Over.

Who Are Rovers?

Quoting the BBC text commentary....

'Spare a thought for Birmingham, Bristol Rovers and Crawley. Those three were drawn at home against the winner of this teatime clash in the fourth round.

With due respect to Swansea, they will have spent a couple of hours dreaming of entertaining the biggest guns in the domestic game.'

Here is a thought I have spare...........HA! HA! HA!!!

About as exciting as it gets for them, eh?

Due to piss-poor weather, they got to stay in the cup that little bit longer, albeit in the second round.

A couple of hours of playing the 'IF my aunt had bollox' game later, the dream is over.

Might as well concentrate on the league now and, ahem, I suspect they will be cheering Watford all the more.

I thought the plans are that we are getting a Desso Pitch (?) to accommodate both teams, or did I dream this?

No you didn't, we are getting a desso 4 pitch like Swansea have with undersoil heating.

WTF a desso 4 pitch is, I have no bleedin' idea!

Not that I think they will make Round 4 anyway can't understand why any Bristol football fan would not want to a top team in Bristol, irrespective of who you might support, but there you go small minds small club mentality , petty rivalries, all add up to one thing why Bristol is off the football radar .

Ha ha, looks like we have a passivisit!

if Crawley vs Rovers is off on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if they just handed the tie to Rovers and fine Crawley. I Might be a bit over the top with that though

Neither of them have a prayer against Brum. Just give the St Andrews boys a bye.

Not that I think they will make Round 4 anyway can't understand why any Bristol football fan would not want to a top team in Bristol, irrespective of who you might support, but there you go small minds small club mentality , petty rivalries, all add up to one thing why Bristol is off the football radar .

Maybe it's because we have such little success that local rivalry is more intense?

Also, the footballing minnows that are Tottenham and Arsenal didn't seem like best bum-chums yesterday. Swansea and FKA Cardiff City are both top flight clubs at the moment, as well. I think the word 'hate' is reasonable regarding those two. Ever been to Glasgow? The North East? No footballing backwater.

Kinda undermines your argument a tad, fella.

Maybe it's because we have such little success that local rivalry is more intense?

Also, the footballing minnows that are Tottenham and Arsenal didn't seem like best bum-chums yesterday. Swansea and FKA Cardiff City are both top flight clubs at the moment, as well. I think the word 'hate' is reasonable regarding those two. Ever been to Glasgow? The North East? No footballing backwater.

Kinda undermines your argument a tad, fella.

Great post.

Football rivalry isn't exclusive to Bristol and is not the reason why we have two relatively unsuccessful teams. Gasheads didn't want us to get promoted to the Prem in 2008 and if the tables were turned I wouldn't want them to get promoted either. It would be exactly the same in the North East, Manchester, North London etc yet those areas can produce well supported, successful teams. As you say, it undermines the arguments you often get posted on here about how if we don't get behind Rovers new ground or if we would be happy to see them drop out of the league then somehow we are contributing to Bristols status as a footballing backwater.

Archived