IGNORED

Nicky Maynard - Available On Loan

johnboy

Off to Rovers accoridng to the Rovers Forum

"Never start these topics, but a friend at work who is a season ticket holder has heard we are in talks about loaning Maynard, I don't believe it for one minute"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Off to Rovers accoridng to the Rovers Forum

"Never start these topics, but a friend at work who is a season ticket holder has heard we are in talks about loaning Maynard, I don't believe it for one minute"

I reckon they've got the wrong Maynard

bill-maynard.jpg

**** me some fans are ridiculous!

Yes he didn't have the balls to speak out about being sold, but **** me he ain't some Judas who should go down as one of BCFCs greatest scum.

The bloke did quality for us, and is still head and shoulders above his replacement!!

The brightest spark I what has been a shocking recent seasons, I would have him back just because of his goals vs Qpr and Newcastle, Class strikes and was a class striker

My dad made the comment at the Watford game, how many goals would Nicky have scored for City if he'd been getting the service that our strikers have been this season.

I don't think many of his goals were down to service he received, after all he was hardly the poacher type. It doesn't require much help from a team mate to blast one into the net from the edge of the box does it? probably the cleanest "instinctive" striker of a ball I have seen at the Gate

Put it this way, Baldock will never score 20 goals in a Championship season.

He's scored 10 in the first 23 games of the season. Exactly half the goals in exactly half the season. Not saying he definitely will, but he's far from off target.

Admittedly this is League One, but the goal is the same size and in the same place in every division.

Will never understand the Bristol City fans' desire to slag off our own players in favour of past players/other teams' players.

He's scored 10 in the first 23 games of the season. Exactly half the goals in exactly half the season. Not saying he definitely will, but he's far from off target.

Admittedly this is League One, but the goal is the same size and in the same place in every division.

Will never understand the Bristol City fans' desire to slag off our own players in favour of past players/other teams' players.

Players that work hard are honest and don't **** the club about I.E Albert will get a good reception should he ever return to Ashton Gate. ***** like Micky that were only out for themselves trying to run his contract down so he could pick and choose his clubs and make the club loose millions will always be treated like a****.

maynard was f@@n brilliant. contracts were the clubs fault. fans were arseholes . The club has to take responsibility just like with bolaise and rosenior hartley stewart adebola and david james and the other bloke.

free teas no machines is the future!

what about breaching his contract with us and getting himself injured doing something he shouldn't be doing! Slagging bristolians off and then not putting any effort in when he knew he was going then?

One of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever read on this forum. And there have been plenty.

One of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever read on this forum. And there have been plenty.

Presumably you've never listened to professional footballers being interviewed about how it is to move up the leagues then? A vast majority suggest that the higher up the leagues you go, the easier it is to fulfil your role as you don't have to worry about other players.

Strikers too argue that they'd back themselves in any league because the goal is the same size wherever they play.

All the same, I'm glad I can be of service as 'one of the most ridiculous' on OTIB.  :winner_third_h4h:

what about breaching his contract with us and getting himself injured doing something he shouldn't be doing! Slagging bristolians off and then not putting any effort in when he knew he was going then?

CLUB MESSED UP FANS WERE A DISGRACE. sLAGGING OFF BRISTOLIANS PAH . Like bristolians are so precious about their accent. this is just bitterness on the  part of the fans. The boy done good for us . leave it there. If he was to come back on loan and score an hatful all would be forgotten. its not gonna happen besides.

CLUB MESSED UP FANS WERE A DISGRACE. sLAGGING OFF BRISTOLIANS PAH . Like bristolians are so precious about their accent. this is just bitterness on the part of the fans. The boy done good for us . leave it there. If he was to come back on loan and score an hatful all would be forgotten. its not gonna happen besides.

Exactly. How people can get so precious about someone making a joke of the Bristolian accent is beyond me! Then others have a go at him for running his contract down so he could go on a free!!!! Ummm if he was such a **** maybe he would have actually done that!

Exactly. How people can get so precious about someone making a joke of the Bristolian accent is beyond me! Then others have a go at him for running his contract down so he could go on a free!!!! Ummm if he was such a **** maybe he would have actually done that!

Still one of my favourite players in the last 20 years. Badly treated by a small number of meat-headed 'supporters' and did nothing wrong with his contract IMO. We, on the other hand, stuck to a policy of not selling him to another Championship club until it was too late to get decent money. The Bristol accent stuff might have been an unwise thing to say, given the intelligence of some, but it was only a joke.

I couldn't give a **** about what he said about the Bristol accent. I'm a fan of Bristol City not Nicky Maynard he is quite right trying to get the best deal for himself that goes without saying. But he tried to run his contract down and the last few months of his playing career at City was ******* awful he put no effort in whatsoever it's for that reason I think he's a c### and always will. If that makes me a meat head supporter than so be it again couldn't give a **** what someone else thinks of me and never will.

After everything he said about Bristolians, and not wanting his son to grow up speaking like us?

No thanks.

Not to mention the six months stalling on his contract....course he'll sign it..

Sadly the epitome of a greedy selfish footballer in the game today. Would rather have Cureton than that piece of shit back. And no I wouldnt want Cureton under any circumstances either..

Guess I'm another meathead supporter. Dont live in Brizzle, never have. Dislike him cos of his selfish **** you attitude to City and its fans. Greedy shit on the make..

Whoever signs him will be paying an awful lot of money for a has been.

We had the best of him, his injuries have put paid to a better career. He has barely played in 2 seasons because of serious injuries, this is exactly the sort of signing for Redknapp, pay big wages for a reputation that has long since expired.

Presumably you've never listened to professional footballers being interviewed about how it is to move up the leagues then? A vast majority suggest that the higher up the leagues you go, the easier it is to fulfil your role as you don't have to worry about other players.

So playing in the Premier League against Kompany is on a par with playing in League 1? Rather gaping oversight.

John Akinde has 10 goals for Alfreton Town this season, sure he could do the job here. After all, he wouldn't need to worry about "other players" and hey - the goal is the same size!

So playing in the Premier League against Kompany is on a par with playing in League 1? Rather gaping oversight.

John Akinde has 10 goals for Alfreton Town this season, sure he could do the job here. After all, he wouldn't need to worry about "other players" and hey - the goal is the same size!

Because comparing Baldock's L1 record with his potential Championship record is the same as saying he'd be playing against Kompany every week and that John Akinde could move from Conference to L1.

Rather gaping oversight.

Another ridiculous and exaggerated argument stemmed from what was simply a comment suggesting that having 10 goals in half a season in L1 isn't a million miles away from 10 goals in half a season in the Championship.

And as for the edit you made from the original post about not having to worry about defenders, you've misunderstood me. I was saying that the higher up the leagues you go, the less you need to worry about compensating for your team-mates' mistakes and can focus on your own role more.

Put it this way, Baldock will never score 20 goals in a Championship season.

Not looking for an argument but do you still stand by your statement that he's not good enough to score 20 goals in the Championship? Top scorer in the league with 18 and still 10 games to play. Maynard managed 15 in 27 in his last year in L1, a better strike rate but not by a huge amount. 

Just interested to see if your opinion of Baldock has changed at all?

Archived