IGNORED

Rumour On Sky Sports

glynriley

Does anyone worry for our youth coming through regarding all these players were linked to? Bryan, Reid and burns are properly beddin in this season but these new signing could hinder their progress. I'm sure SC has it all in hand but I don't want any signings see our teams new lease of life take a backwards step

They will get there chance. Our only priority at the moment is making sure we stay up this season.

Does anyone worry for our youth coming through regarding all these players were linked to? Bryan, Reid and burns are properly beddin in this season but these new signing could hinder their progress. I'm sure SC has it all in hand but I don't want any signings see our teams new lease of life take a backwards step

NO ITS NOT A BACKWARDS STEP,

You need experiance with youth and as much as we blame SoD for our poor season lack of experiance was alot to do with it too,

We've signed a much needed defender ( a postion where we currently have zero players knocking on the door of the first team at present) and a striker (target man) where we have burns knocking on the door but he can't fill the target man role,

You do realise SOD actually left us in a relegation fight don't you?, the truth is Reid, Bryan and Williams will all feature and become permanent fixtures, Burns and Wynter will be brought on in the correct manner as they have been so far, worry about the present and our position in league one, the future can still be nurtured but just put on hold for a while, of course we can carry on as if SOD is still with us and who knows if the gas stay up we can have 2 Bristol derbies next season.

13:49

More from Leeds United now, and Brian McDermott has been talking about the future of Bristol City target Luke Varney, while Dominic Poleon and El-Hadji Diouf could also be heading for the Elland Road exit door.

On potential outgoings, BMD says there has been interest in Varney and Poleon, and he will speak with El-Hadji Diouf about his future. #lufc

Just seen:

ore from Leeds United now, and Brian McDermott has been talking about the future of Bristol City target Luke Varney, while Dominic Poleon and El-Hadji Diouf could also be heading for the Elland Road exit door.

I hope this isn't true that we're targeting him, 31 years old, what happened to youth and building for the future?!

Just seen:

I hope this isn't true that we're targeting him, 31 years old, what happened to youth and building for the future?!

Ditto. The board gave SOD a remit which he stuck to. I'm certainly hoping that Cotterill isn't being handed a bunch of blank cheques for senior players well past their prime.

My gut feeling is that this is rumour and nothing more. I just can't see it.

Just seen:

The same as happened when SOD signed Harewood and Shorey. Both have gone now, so Cotterill may feel we lack a bit of experience.

Harewood, Carey and Shorey? sticking to a remit?.

Carey was already here, Harewood was never meant to stay long term, he was there because we needed some depth up front, in hindsight he wasn't worth having at all. Shorey I don't understand.

Carey was already here, Harewood was never meant to stay long term, he was there because we needed some depth up front, in hindsight he wasn't worth having at all. Shorey I don't understand.

He gave Carey another 12 months, Harewood ended as predicted, but I have to point out in our current position if we were to lose Baldock through injury or transfer we have no like for like replacement, personally I wouldn't be happy if we signed Varney on any permanent deal but until the end of the season makes sense.

Surprised he's dropping down that far, there must be several league 1 clubs who'd take him surely.

Big gamble. He has all the signs of being a one season wonder to me. I wonder if prospective buyers are thinking the same. His history doesn't suggest he is anything other than average, he wasn't exactly prolific in ireland either. If it is true and he has gone for 300k, I think Yeovil will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Archived