IGNORED

Paddy Madden

TMWANG50

Have Yeovil ever had that sort of money? Good bit of business by Gary but will he be allowed to spend and also will he spend it wisely. I think he is the sort of manager who does better picking up free players and loans, give him money to spend and it goes wrong.

Have Yeovil ever had that sort of money? Good bit of business by Gary but will he be allowed to spend and also will he spend it wisely. I think he is the sort of manager who does better picking up free players and loans, give him money to spend and it goes wrong.

best of not giving it to him he works better on a shoe string

I don;t think it was I think he may of been a one season wonder as well,

Be intresting to see how he gets on, No suprises he fell out with gary, he could start an arguement in a empty room :)

Well it has potential to be then, but for that price it would of been worth taking a gamble on him

are you sure? We were happy with that price for flint. I with first dibs on Barnet I best the price will be around that seeing they paid a million for him.

Flint wasnt seen as a gamble in the way madden would have been although i can see how some may deem his signing as a gamble. Still reletively in experienced i supose.

With barnett we have pulled out a blinder and eliminated most of the gamble assosiated with signings. Hes on trial for 5 months in a way and will only be taken on if deemed good enough. We can assess his ability and attitude over 20+ competetive games and he has the same time to fit in and figure out if we are right for him. Plenty of time for any problems to arise allowing us or him to pull the plug if its not going to work.

Having never seen him play I wonder if he's abit like Jevons was for us. Scores goals but isn't very good. Jevons also top scored with a promototed team then dropped down to legue 2 with Bury? (I think).

No he works hard ;)

I don't know what has happened here but I think Paddy thought he was the dogs bollo!!s and knew more than GJ. As you guys know no-one knows more than GJ in GJs dressing room!

Mind you when we got him from Carlisle they couldn't get rid fast enough.

Flint wasnt seen as a gamble in the way madden would have been although i can see how some may deem his signing as a gamble. Still reletively in experienced i supose.

With barnett we have pulled out a blinder and eliminated most of the gamble assosiated with signings. Hes on trial for 5 months in a way and will only be taken on if deemed good enough. We can assess his ability and attitude over 20+ competetive games and he has the same time to fit in and figure out if we are right for him. Plenty of time for any problems to arise allowing us or him to pull the plug if its not going to work.

Ah righto, I thought you were purely referring to us not having the 300k to spend, I see what you are saying now.

are you sure? We were happy with that price for flint. I with first dibs on Barnet I best the price will be around that seeing they paid a million for him.

Flint's worth it though, really proving his worth now he's settled in with competent defenders around him. The sort of player we've desperately needed for years, and will only get better. SO'D was wrong and your bitter Swindon 'fiends' were talking nonsense, as Swindon fans are apt to do.

As for Madden, would have been another mistake by SO'D. One season wonder with an inflated ego - exactly what we didn't need.

Much happier with the Barnett deal - no gamble involved because we'll only sign him permanently if he impresses both as a player and a character.

I imagine he'll have to do very well on both fronts.

That article says he could be getting a pay rise with his move to S****horpe..!! How the hell can any championship player drop down to any L2 club and get a PAY RISE..?!

I still chuckle everytime I see the swear filter alter S****horpe!

That article says he could be getting a pay rise with his move to S****horpe..!! How the hell can any championship player drop down to any L2 club and get a PAY RISE..?!

I still chuckle everytime I see the swear filter alter S****horpe!

because Yeovil are not in a postion to offer the sort of wages most other pro clubs can sadly,

Archived