IGNORED

Toon Vs Citeh

You Do The Dziekanowski

Ignore the shocking decision

What a strike by Tiote!!

Plus Kolarovs cross to Dzeko was pure class

If we play them I think Osbourne would stop that delivery ;)

Should have been tackled before the cross came in, awful piece of defending.

Why would they do anything, just 2 managers having a row on the touchline...?

Well I did say probably nothing.

But they keep preaching respect, and stopping abuse. Calling someone that in full view of camera's and microphones is opening yourself up for scrutiny.

What would happen if he said that to tge assistant? Leads to the question what is the difference saying that to a match officalto anyone else?

Well I did say probably nothing.

But they keep preaching respect, and stopping abuse. Calling someone that in full view of camera's and microphones is opening yourself up for scrutiny.

What would happen if he said that to tge assistant? Leads to the question what is the difference saying that to a match officalto anyone else?

Point taken..

It's happened many a time over the last few years. It's only usually given offside if you are in the direct sight line of the keeper.

The newcastle player had to move a little for the ball to miss him

so in my opinion was interfering with play

I would change the rule back to how it was

Off side is offside NO gray area

Yeah, it's always gonna be a grey area unless you have it where offside is always offside. I don't see how you're not interfering with play when you're 3 yards from goal in between the posts, and he even ducked to get away from the ball of course he was distracting Joe Hart.

At the end of the day, the goal could've stood and Man City would've complained, or as it was: disallowed and Newcastle complained. The ref and linesman really can't win here. Of course everyone wants controversy and blames the referees once again.

See I didn't think he was interfering with play as he's ducked and Harts view isn't blocked by anyone in an offside position

It's a tricky one to call, I would of given it to make it interesting :)

Funnily enough i think if the goal had stood Man City would have gone on to win anyway because it would still have been a "football match". As it turned out the crowd obviously cranked up the atmosphere which led to players flying into challenges and the game being constantly stop / start. The football City played in the 1st quarter of an hour was very very good, whoever finishes above them will win the title imo

Funnily enough i think if the goal had stood Man City would have gone on to win anyway because it would still have been a "football match". As it turned out the crowd obviously cranked up the atmosphere which led to players flying into challenges and the game being constantly stop / start. The football City played in the 1st quarter of an hour was very very good, whoever finishes above them will win the title imo

Sorry I didn't word it well, That's what I meant, That decision ruined it as the crowd and players got angry and frustrated, I was shocked there wasn't a red card at the end of the game

Pardew. Gutter vermin. What a disgusting individual.

In any other job he'd be summarily relieved of his duties. Representing a high profile business (he said they were in the entertainment business now) and abusing a competitor on television in front of your customers and the wider public.

Idiot.

Still can't understand why that guy wasn't sent off for the shocking tackle on Nasri.

Going for the ball?

It was a shocker, Knew he wasn't getting the ball so just took a swipe

FA can't do anything as it was deemed only a yellow card

Horrible tackle, Not as bad as McMannaman against Newcastle last year though!!

Yeah, it's always gonna be a grey area unless you have it where offside is always offside. I don't see how you're not interfering with play when you're 3 yards from goal in between the posts, and he even ducked to get away from the ball of course he was distracting Joe Hart.

At the end of the day, the goal could've stood and Man City would've complained, or as it was: disallowed and Newcastle complained. The ref and linesman really can't win here. Of course everyone wants controversy and blames the referees once again.

Brian Clough always used to say that if a player was not interfering with play then what was he doing on the pitch.

As for the disallowed goal, there is no way Hart was distracted by the player because he was completely unsighted by a mass of players between him and Tiote and the ball was passed him before he had time to react. 

Personally, I think if you are offside then it has to be clear that you are not interfering. Benefit of the doubt to the defence. Without replays from all angles the officials can't be sure if Hart was unsighted. Also, maybe Hart would reasonably hedge his bets on whether a deflection might occur.

Right decision for me.

Archived