IGNORED

Small Things You Hate About The Premier League.

And Its Smith

Inflated match day prices. 20 years ago I took my son to Highbury. Child prices are only available in the Family Enclosure and that's fully booked a the start of the season. Elsewhere in the ground and a child has to pay adult price.

Kick off times and dates being changed at too short a notice for many travelling fans who want to buy cheap travel tickets in advance.

The media perception of what is basically "League Division 1!.  At the end of the Premier League's first season Norwich were third and had briefly been top. A respected writer in one of the broadsheets wrote "The Premier League isn't meant to be about the likes of Norwich". To me that one sentence sums it up.

ooh who was that? Dreadful thing to say. What was the point of the Premier League? I remember them talking about it at the time, but didn't pay much attention

There is no doubt its a more exciting league now Man U are in decline and Ferguson has retired. 

I love watching the actual football - players like Aguero, Hazard, Suarez, Toure, Cazorla are geniuses, but I hate the diving, the hyperbole that goes with it, the cliches, the sense of entitlement of fans and players, and the cringeworthy goal celebrations.

Its Americanised, its a product and I detest all of that. The actual football is pretty damn good to watch this season, though, and that's what keeps me interested.

Surely you can't get excited about West Brom v Norwich, Palace v Sunderland, W Ham v Fulham, Hull v Southampton, Stoke v anyone etc ?  It's only matches involving any of the top six that are OK.

There is no doubt its a more exciting league now Man U are in decline and Ferguson has retired. 

I love watching the actual football - players like Aguero, Hazard, Suarez, Toure, Cazorla are geniuses, but I hate the diving, the hyperbole that goes with it, the cliches, the sense of entitlement of fans and players, and the cringeworthy goal celebrations.

Its Americanised, its a product and I detest all of that. The actual football is pretty damn good to watch this season, though, and that's what keeps me interested.

Sir Alex Ferguson - the canny Scot - jacked in Manchester United just in time and I can see Manchester United being totally humiliated at home to Pellegrini's Manchester City. Manchester City not only have great players but they're being coached to perfection under Pellegrini's stewardship........

Every game has to have the title of BIG attached to it.

Pundits cooing over the BIG games at the weekend, as if Man Utd had never played Arsenal before 1992. You are constantly reminded throughout the week that this BIG match is happening this weekend and if you are any kind of normal human being you will need to be somewhere near a TV or radio to share this experience. When the day comes gather around the TV with family and friends and stare in awe at the telly that a football match is being played that afternoon, this is family entertainment afterall, and boy, you had better not miss the BIG game.

If you do somehow miss the BIG match because you're a selfish Asshole and had other things to do, don't worry, tune into any Radio station or News channel and you will have the BIG match of the weekend talked about for the whole of next week because a player made a tackle and the cameras picked it up at 1/300th speed and it looked horrendous, and how could the ref miss it?

I've noticed ALL the Saturday games with a 3pm kick off in the Prem are all finished by 4 50 at the latest, and yet we've conceded goals AFTER 5 before now !

Yeh. Why are we always the last result to come up? Is it a curse or something?

How everyone's been conned into thinki g its important.

Its just a league. A table of names which at a glance indicates who's performing well againsg other teams in that league.

It doesn't matter if City or any other team are in it. If the table your team js in is important tp the point that it decides who you watch tgen you've missed the point completely.

A curse on football sadly.

And another thing - the way the ex-pros have to wear collar and tie when talking rowlocks about the game. Can you imagine Cloughie being interviewed in collar and tie?

I suspect it's all about attracting women viewers, who like to see men wearing the symbols of their subservience, but that might be going a little to far ;)

I'd only give Crouch 75k a week if he let me have a go on his missus.

'll excuse Crouchie a fair bit for his great quote.

When asked what he would have been had he not become a premier league footballer, Crouch answered " probably a virgin"!       :)

Archived