IGNORED

Does Anyone Think We Will Still Get Relegated?

Super

It's all still very tight from bottom to mid table. So as said a good run of form is needed now to get out and stay out of the bottom third of the table. However I don't believe this will start to happen until we get the next two games out of the way. Draws from these games will be a good brace of results.

We very rarely win home games and we very rarely win away games....draws are no good to us.

We only have 9 home games left, that is a maximum 27 points, if we won them all (extremely unlikely), we would still need a few points from our 12 away games.

Of those 12 away games, we have to travel to 5 of the top 6 sides + Walsall.

Still not convinced we will survive as we waste too many chances to take the lead in games and our midfield and defence are still a shambles.

Sure most are a little more optimistic than we were a few months ago, although we are obviously still in massive trouble. I think we will stay up.

Whilst improvement has been tangible, I honestly think we're still deep, deep in the relegation mire. Whenever we seem to be about to climb away from the bottom four, results seem to conspire against us. 

Steve Cotterill seems to have instilled some fight in us, but my worry is that the damage had been done before his arrival.

It's going to be a bumpy ride here on in, and whilst it's not yet critical, we really need to start picking up more than one point per game - although two draws against Wolves and Brentford would be a good return.

Sit tight, enjoy the ride.

It's feeling like deja vu, the same as last season - there are no weak teams in this league tailed off without a prayer, all four relegation places are up for grabs. Our performances are improving but we're still drawing games we should be winning. With three away games against the tops sides coming up we've got to start winning. Like last season, the normal 'safe' number of points is going to be much higher than usual.

Really don't know. Heart says we'll be OK but my head is worried. We are not tight enough at the back and I don't understand why Cotterill is stating that the new guy will play left back when left back (Williams) is probably the most solid and consistent performer. We cannot keep giving average teams like MK Dons 2 goal head starts. History reminds me how difficult it is to escape from the relegation zone.

I would like to think we will be safe with a few games to spare so that at least we can relax a bit for the run in,but I have a nasty feeling it will go to the wire.Trying to be upbeat as I truly believe we have a good enough squad on paper to beat the drop but we lose games far too easily to daft mistakes and also some shocking luck at times.

Archived