IGNORED

Does Anyone Think We Will Still Get Relegated?

Super

Its very realistic that we will, its not like last season at all where it was inevitable. However we defiantly need to start picking up wins, especially at home, as it not guaranteed.

It wasn't at all inevitable last season. This time last year results were picking up under O'Driscoll and the team were in fine form. Unfortunately (as is happening now) the other teams at the bottom all hit form as well.

The slide to relegation last season only really happened when Stead got injured.

That said, I think the players and manager we have now are better equipped to grind their way to safety. Draws and a handful of wins should yield enough points for safety.

I think there are plenty of teams a lot worse than us on their day, they just seem to pick up results where we cannot! Problem is as well we are a 'big' team in this league that everyone wants to beat, for most clubs that get 4-5k a week coming to ashton gate infront of 12 they up their game. We have definitely improved of late, we just need to keep getting results and we really should be okay with the players we have, its crazy that we have a championship quality frontline, decent midfielders and we are down the bottom of the league.

I think there are plenty of teams a lot worse than us on their day, they just seem to pick up results where we cannot! Problem is as well we are a 'big' team in this league that everyone wants to beat, for most clubs that get 4-5k a week coming to ashton gate infront of 12 they up their game. We have definitely improved of late, we just need to keep getting results and we really should be okay with the players we have, its crazy that we have a championship quality frontline, decent midfielders and we are down the bottom of the league.

Nothing is quite as crazy as you thinking this is the case :laugh:.

Whatever anyone says (and I've been guilty of this myself) we are no better than our position illustrates. Yes, for the majority of most of our games we have been no worse than the opposition. But clearly we contrive to miss chances and give away golas too often now to be considered unlucky.

We need a ruthless take no prisioners attitude from now on in if we are to avoid the drop.

Then who is he to blame except himself? 

True, but questions have to be asked of the people that have been advising him because no way do I believe that Steve Lansdown would make decisions without seeking independent advice first. Isn't that what you're meant to do before buying a Steve Lansdown/ Hargreaves Lansdown pension product? :shifty:

Still a good chance of relegation I feel, but the difference is that now we seem to have hope of staying up, which had certainly deserted most of us only a few months ago.

....not many expected us to beat Wolves today but the 3-1 loss there is yet another step closer to the relegation trap door. Local derbies with the Gas and Newport await.

Another precious game is lost and more goals conceded through poor defending.

We need to get back to basics....clean sheets or at least only conceding 1 goal a game to give us half a chance.

We also need 11 players on the pitch each game, not 10 and 11 when he wants to turn up.

And to the people who think we will be safe.........give us some facts to back up your case.

And to the people who think we will be safe.........give us some facts to back up your case.

....it really does seem that we haven't got the players to keep us out of Div 2. Some of our players may well be good third tier players on paper but as a team they're Div 2 and the league table doesn't lie at this stage of the season.

If anyone actually thought we would win today well they need their heads checking.

Nobody expected us to win today but there is a certain standard of performance that you expect from a professional footballer.

Some of our defending wouldn't go amiss on the Downs.

Why, for the last 3 or 4 seasons, have we not been able to keep clean sheets on a regular basis?.

Is it player mentality, player ability or tactics?.

Archived