IGNORED

Buy Chelsea's John Terry In The Summer?

Mr Mosquito

It looks like John Terry may be released by Chelsea in the summer. The type of player that could really turn this club around were he to be made assistant player manager to Steve Cotterill.

Little early to be hitting the sauce, ain't it RG?!?

Could still do a job in the Prem, and if not the prem then you'll have 24 Championship teams queuing up!

Little early to be hitting the sauce, ain't it RG?!?

Could still do a job in the Prem, and if not the prem then you'll have 24 Championship teams queuing up!

.....all the more reason to get promotion back to the Championship. I've got a feeling that John Terry will be a player manager somewhere soon, he's 33 years old and I hope he comes here.

He's been great for Chelsea. Legend infact, but a manager anywhere? He struggles with managing a sentence, or even his own sexual urges, not really football manager material.

.....I remember the Liverpool managerial legend that was Bob Paisley struggling with sentences - that didn't stop his Liverpool team winning every major trophy.

.....all the more reason to get promotion back to the Championship. I've got a feeling that John Terry will be a player manager somewhere soon, he's 33 years old and I hope he comes here.

Please tell me you don't see promotion to the Championship as a realistic possibility this season...?

I think we can safely say that we won't be seeing John Terry in Bristol next season unless his team (whoever it is) draws us in the cup or his missus fancies some shopping!

To be perfectly honest I see Terry as a one club man.  If he is indeed released I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him retire from playing and join the Chelsea backroom staff.

...erm - we are a bottom league one club. Why on Earth would J Terry want to come here when, as Steve W said, he will no doubt get a move to another Premier Club and still get a decent income? Why would he want take a dramatic drop in his wages for the joy of playing for BCFC?

Please tell me you don't see promotion to the Championship as a realistic possibility this season...?

I think we can safely say that we won't be seeing John Terry in Bristol next season unless his team (whoever it is) draws us in the cup or his missus fancies some shopping!

To be perfectly honest I see Terry as a one club man.  If he is indeed released I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him retire from playing and join the Chelsea backroom staff.

...the season after next we might be back in the Championship. Summer 2015 then, and he might consider coming here as it's been reported that Chelsea are only offering him a one year contract for next season.

Why would he come here of all places when he can earn more money in a cushty coaching role at Chelsea

Exactly we can't at this moment in time even compete with Rotherham for a loanee, a team in may 2007 we beat on our way to the championship, whilst they were heading for the bottom tier under the threat of going out of business and no ground.

Exactly we can't at this moment in time even compete with Rotherham for a loanee, a team in may 2007 we beat on our way to the championship, whilst they were heading for the bottom tier under the threat of going out of business and no ground.

I was thinking that the other day.. amazing how football peaks and troughs.. That was only 7 years ago as well! 

Hard to work out if it is a crap wind up or total stupidity by the OP.

:clapping:  Well, you read it and you replied. I still don't understand why posters on here think John Terry will never make it to football management. He's the Chelsea captain at the moment so is successful at leading a top team on the pitch.

Reports (from press and contacts who have ben associated with him) seem to suggest that John Terry is a racist, is sexist, is divisive has a criminal family and is a totally vile man all around.  Why would we want him here.

So, if by some long overdue miracle the club signed John Terry then that would still be your viewpoint? Are you a middle class Cultural Marxist hijacking football to propagate your political views?

Reports (from press and contacts who have ben associated with him) seem to suggest that John Terry is a racist, is sexist, is divisive has a criminal family and is a totally vile man all

around. Why would we want him here.

Sadly Wendy, you only have to look at posts from our own fan base that mirror the same descriptions you've mentioned, so maybe Mr Terry would fit some. I think Red Goblin makes a good point with Cooper and Jordan.

Sadly Wendy, you only have to look at posts from our own fan base that mirror the same descriptions you've mentioned, so maybe Mr Terry would fit some. I think Red Goblin makes a good point with Cooper and Jordan.

Indeed, maybe we'll be able to attract the likes of Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan here again. I'm pretty sure that we initially signed Terry Cooper as a player while we were a top flight club and above the now mighty Chelsea in the league !!!!!!! Then Terry Cooper returned as player manager after a spell with the Gas and it was the Cooper regime that attracted Joe Jordan to the club.

Indeed, maybe we'll be able to attract the likes of Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan here again. I'm pretty sure that we initially signed Terry Cooper as a player while we were a top flight club and above the now mighty Chelsea in the league !!!!!!! Then Terry Cooper returned as player manager after a spell with the Gas and it was the Cooper regime that attracted Joe Jordan to the club.

Actually, I paid for Big Joe's coffees up the Avon Gorge hotel. Think that clinched it for him...

For every Cooper, Jordan & Hunter etc, who were brilliant for us back in the day, there is a David James who despite performances was a very expensive (wage wise). Thought he'd maybe take on a coaching role for us but modern day ex-Prem players are all multi-millionaires and non of them unless they REALLY love & miss the game or for whatever reason 'want to give something back to football' really need a 'pension' from lowly clubs anymore.

Not sure if in this day and age excellent signings ala Cooper Hunter Jordan as twilight career players are likely to be seen too often anymore, simply due to lifestyles and the amounts of cash in topflight football (all decent ex-Prem pro's have 'F ** You' money now) money which in the 60's, 70's simply wasn't in the game.

Players used to NEED the wages at the end of their top flight careers & were often grateful for the opportunities smaller league football offered, those days are gone, theres a huge gulf between what was the norm then and what is or will be the norm now... These multi-millionaire players would in most cases demand large wages that most clubs would struggle to afford, wages that to the players would seem like pea-nuts anyway & I'd imagine attitudes may well be like they're doing the clubs a favour, almost like giving to charity... as far as most clubs go such signings would involve a large investment for a relatively small term period of excitement & buzz in the stands which would often dwindle to disappointment, even upsetting dressing rooms etc with prima-donna attitudes.

If only we could turn the football clock back to the days when it felt more like we were all in it together, I fear those days are long gone now.....

Thanks Norm H, Joe J, Terry C.. etc for some great days & memories.

Archived